TheEnd

Last Smile

3 months.

14 weeks.

100 days.

2,400 hours.

144,000 minutes.

8,640,000 seconds.

 

The only time that I have left with him. It's hard to accept the fact but I have to. Still hoping he'll get through this but in case he won't I want to make his last days here amazing.

 

**

 

The doctor let Chanyeol out of the hospital after the graduation since his 100 days is starting and he shouldn't be in the hospital anymore and enjoying with his family instead. I wanted Chanyeol to spend his time with me a lot but I will be selfish for his family so he sort of spend his first week with his family but not alone because I sometime visits him at home. While hes with his family it gave me a time to find myself a good university. I have to take exams and see what course would best suit me. I was planning on taking bachelor of science in performing arts if ever there is a course like that. I would love to be a professional singer and pianist. 

 

I take Chanyeol to the place where we first met. Im glad it's not close at this hour. Today is the same day last year when I first bumped into him. Im glad I wasn't looking to where Im going that day or else I haven't bumped into him and maybe I will never know that someone like him exist because for sure my highschool life will just be in my room and that's all. I will be just studying and going home straight afterclass but no. I met him and my life changed after that. He changed my life but not for worse. He changed me and became a better person. I came out of my box. I became more active at school and even outside the school. I never know I could enjoy life so much. That's because of this giant. The giant that will leave me soon. The giant that will make me fullfill our dreams alone.

 

I was interrupted with my thoughts when he suddenly kissed me on my cheek and hug me.

 

"Thank you.."

 

He looked at me with teary eyed. I never expect someone manly like him would cry like this easily. Then he started talking and I listened with all my heart. Remember all the words he said.

 

"Thank you for everything. You don't know how happy I'am when you came to my life. Thank you for being such an idiot for bumping me that day."

We both chuckled as he said that and wipe all those tears because we should really just enjoy our moments together and not waste every single second of it. For the next days, we just spend our time together at his house together with his family and sometimes our group of friends will just go there and hang out.

 

Two months have passed and Chanyeol is having a hard time already. He can hardly breath sometimes so he has to stay at the hospital until he gets well. We can't hang out again because if he gets tired then he it will just get worse and we wouldn't want that to happen. I ask permission to my professor that I will not go to school until Chanyeol is well and lulckily he understand my situation here. I will just have to take summer class so I will not missed anything. Im a college student now but I don't feel like it. I don't get excited or anything like how I imagine last year. I imagine last year that I will go to school with Chanyeol and we both have to take different ways when we get to university because we're taking different course and it's in different building but now I have to walk alone to school knowing that there's no one will wait for me afterclass or the other way around. There's no one that I will say "Good Morning" when we get to see each other at university. Knowing that he's here lying down at hospital bed.

 

After 98 days ..

 

Chanyeol's mom rung me and told me to come to the hospital quickly. So I did as I was told to. It was 10 in the evening and I find myself very sleepy when I was driving to the hospital. When I got there I found Chanyeol's mom outside the door crying. Her hands were shaking and keeps on walking towards the door then backwards. I calm her down handing a bottle of water and telling her that everything will be alright. That Chanyeol will fight. Once she's calm and sitting there at the waiting area at the corridor I get a chance to have a look at Chanyeol's room. I actually don't know what's happening but there's too many people in there. As far as I can see there were two doctors in there. There's too many machines connected to his body. I can bear to look at him in this situation. He is in so much pain right now. I went to the hospitals chapel and pray there. There's a few people here also praying for their love ones to get well for sure.

 

"Thankyou for letting me know this guy even though it's only for a short amount of time. God, if you will take him then do so. Don't make him suffer more if he will not survive in the end. But please let us have a little more time with him. 

 

It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I was just staring at Chanyeol's sleeping face when he moved and opened his eyes afterwards. I smiled at him when he place his eyes one me. 

 

"Good Morning" I said it trying to put a smile on my face with cracky voice and teary eyes. I hold his one left hand with bith of my hands and he squeeze it as tight as he can.

 

"Please smile.." He smiled as he told me and I did because he said so but my tears fell on my cheek when he suddenly shut his eyes and his head where drop down on his pillows. The tightness of our hands is gone. I put my hand on his heart and it isn't beating. I looked at the monitor and it stops already. Is this the end? Chanyeol please. I couldn't do anything. I don't know what to do. I just couldn't move at my seat. I was stuck in this moment still holding his hands and crying my heart out. After a few minutes the doctors came in together with his family. That's all I remember. The next thing I knew is seeing Chanyeol being covered with a white cloth.

 

**

 

A month have passed and I still can't go back to myself. I still couldn't move on to what happen. Seeing his last smile at the moment makes me cry all the time I remember it and I remember it every single second. My eyes were swollen everyday. Im still stuck at home and Im not sure when to come to school again. If Chanyeol is here he would get mad because Im wasting my time here at home. He really wants me to fullfill my dreams and if he's here he will encourage me to go and be strong. If he was here.

 

 Everything that I do it reminds me of him. Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them ot the amount of time since you've talked. It's about that every moment when you're doing something and wishinf they were right there with you. I wanna be with you. I wanna feel your love. I wanna lay beside you. If we could only have this life for one more day. If we could only turn back time. I really want to say some words to you. The words that I couldn't say when we were so happy playing on the street, eating cotton candy together, watching fireworks, having the most beautiful moment of our lives. Those words were the words that you really love hearing from me. The words I didn't say because I find it so cheesy sometimes so i only say it when we were texting. Those three words.

 

I Love You ..