Throwback

Last Smile

The doctor allow Chanyeol to get some fresh air outside. I walk him with a wheelchair. He can't walk properly because of his weak body due to the medicines his taking. I put the box of fruits that I bought for him behind his seat. There's a storage in the wheelchair where you can pit stuff in. We went to the garden and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the different  flowers in the garden. Chanyeol seems very happy when he can finally go outside again. I stop when I saw a bench near by the hospital fountain. I sat there and put Chanyeol beside me. I grabbed the fruits behind him and gave him some.

 

"Baek.."

 

"Hmm?" I took a bite of an apple.

 

"Did you remember us back then?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean you. Do you remember when you used to visit my classroom just to see me." He chukled.

 

"YAH! I so didn't do that." I smile when I heard amazing laugh of him.

 

"Just admit it babe. You always walk by my room even if there's shorter way of getting into the school gate."

 

Babe?? Did he just call me babe? What a corny stuff but its worth for heart melting specially when it said by him. I just love it. I hide my feels inside.  I didn't mention it anymore. I don't want him to feel embarass if ever he will. I just pretend to ignore him and respond to him. 

 

"Pabo! It's because Luhan has a.." I stopped and lowered my voice when I remember the reason that we always go there is because Luhan has a crush on him and I shouldn't tell him that now or else he will feel uncomfortable to him knowing that Luhan is after him before.

 

"Hmm? What are you saying?"

 

"Ow nothing. Nevermind."

 

Apparently, he's been thinking about our old times when we haven't talk to each other much yet. It's pretty embarassing remembering those days. We both had a good time today. I finally saw him smile again or should I say we both manage to smile again to each other after a long time.

 

[AFTER THREE MONTHS]

 

Two more weeks left and it's our Graduation day. We only have two weeks in this school and we'll have to move to a University. I just wish we can still march together with Chanyeol. If he will be in the hospital by then I wouldn't want to go. I wouldn't be happy knowing that there's someone who wants to be there with us.

 

I haven't been able to visit Chanyeol these days since I have to catch up for the subjects that I have a little low grades. That's the same thing with the guys. We all haven't seen him for ages now. I hope his doing good. His sister used to send me mails daily when I can't visit and report what's currently happening to him so Im kind of updated about his health but I haven't received any mails from her lately. I wanted to visit at night  when I have enough time to do so but the hospital won't allow me. The visit hours ends at half past 6 in the evening so I couldn't. I can't visit him on Saturdays and Sundays as well I have a remedial class on English since I failed on that subject. Everythings in wrong timing. If I can just postpone things so that I can focus on Chanyeol. But only God knows that what ever I do, Chanyeol's good health is all that matters to me.

 

Sunday morning. I had a chance to visit Chanyeol since my teacher won't be able to attend the remedial class today due to his kid who is apparently not feeling very well. I was about to open rhe door when I heard someone talking inside his room.

 

"Families and friends should stay with him at this point." A guy said which is I think the doctor.

 

"Doctor, please do everything you can. Please. Im begging you" I heard Chanyeol's mom cracky voice.

 

"Were doing our best Mrs. Park.."

 

Silence

 

"His performance is not that good.. I think he.."

 

I ran out the hospital when I heard that. I don't want to hear anymore bad news. All this time I thought Chanyeol is getting better but I guess I was wrong. I know he's trying his best to get better. I know he's in pain right now. He needs us. He needs me. But how can I pretend to be strong if I can't see him suffer like this. I need to be strong for him just as strong he is trying to be. I went straight home and cried out my heart until I fell asleep.

 

The next morning. I texted the guys to know if they're all free today so we can visit Chanyeol. As I expected they all have time. Well Sehun doesn't because he has work but he took a day off just to make time for us. And Kai as well because he has dance rehearsal for the Dance competition the day before the Graduation day but he manage to make an excuse to be with us today.

 

Everyone is ready. The food is ready. Thanks to kyungsoo and Kai who made the food with pure love. We want to surprise Chanyeol so we didn't tell anyone that were coming today.

 

So we arrived at the hospital at quarter to 11. Right timing for lunch. When we get there we found Chanyeol sleeping in his cozy hospital bed wearing his hospital gown. Chanyeol hasn't changed a bit he's still perfect for me. Chanyeol might have heard the noise that we made so he started moving and opened his ayes afterwards. Once he saw us I can't explain that priceless smile I saw on his face. He was so happy that were here with him today after a long time. We all misses each other. Specially me. I miss him so much.

 

I helped him to sit up so that he can eat properly but the moment I was handing Chanyeols food to him, a nurse came in and stop me. She said that Chanyeol isn't allowed to eat everything at this stage. His only allowed to eat foods with lots of Vitamin C like Pineapple, orange and I don't actually know what else. But she handed me a plate with lots of food that he's only allowed to eat. Kyungsoo and Kai felt disappointed when they found out that Chanyeol won't be able to taste the food that they made for him but we felt great again knowing that Chanyeol is eating dinner with us like we all used to.

 

After a long chatting time with the guys, they all went went home but I stayed here because I want to sleep with him tonight. I miss being cuddled by his long and sweet scented arms. I miss his sweet kiss on my forehead before I sleep. I miss his whispering voice saying "Good Night" or "Iloveyou". But this time I know I wouldn't get those. I can't actually sleep beside him. I have to be in the bench beside his bed. I can't get that tender kiss that I wanted since he can't really move properly and lastly I wont hear his whispering voice before I sleep because he's already sleeping. He fell asleep after the doctor injected something on him. Maybe that's the medicine he's taking.

 

I walk towards him and leaned before I kiss his forehead and whisper to his ears.

 

"Good Night Chanyeol. I love you."