Chapter 12

Lost Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If I didn’t think my day could get any worse, I was wrong. In the car waiting with a big smile was Lee Taemin, the last person I wanted to see.

 

I groaned as I sat back against the seat, with my head back.

 

“I know I’m the last person you want to see. That’s deserved.”

 

“Oh look, he’s smart. Why are you even here?”

 

“My manager is the one that had to come get you.” I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. “So you’re mad at me for being honest? I can’t believe you.”

 

“I can’t believe you wouldn’t even listen to me.  I thought you cared. But who am I kidding?”

 

“You were over the top-“

 

“You shouldn’t have just brushed me off like I didn’t matter. That’s not what friends do.”

 

“Sunmi, I’m sorry.”

 

When we got to the house, I jumped out of the car before it even came to a full stop; Taemin followed closely behind. He even went as far to follow me to the staircase before I turned around to face him.

 

“Leave me alone! I do not want to see you right now!” Taemin didn’t even bat an eyelash. Out of frustration, I shoved him away from me.

 

“Whoa, whoa, Sunmi, calm down.” Sungmin said coming towards me and holding both of my arms by my sides.

 

“You don’t mean that. We should talk.” Taemin stated confidently. I could kick him.

 

“I wanted to talk before and you didn’t care then so why should I care about you now?”

 

Taemin blinked at me before he frowned. “I’m sorry Sunmi. I am. I shouldn’t have left you alone when you needed someone.” I crossed my arms and looked away, tears threatening to fall. “Please, we can talk about it.”

 

“No. There’s too much going on right now and I don’t feel like having some emotional breakdown right now.”

 

Sungmin spoke up and turned me to face him, “What’s going on?”

 

I shook my head, “Nothing I can’t handle.” Sungmin didn’t look convinced. “Really, it’s nothing.” I pinched his cheek and threw in a smile, “Just school is stressful is all.”

 

Taemin read through it, I’m sure, but he said nothing. He gave me a knowing look before bowing to Sungmin. “I have to go, I’ll see you all later on.” Sungmin followed Taemin to the door and I went up the stairs to my room.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter