The Return of the Obsessed Dongsaeng

You and I: Things That Never Change

It’s been a month since me and Soojung reconciled. Everything’s turned to normal again. And Suzy was out- of- town right now because of their business. Oh, I forgot to tell you, Suzy is a fashion editor in their own magazine company. She’s not just a wealthy girl; she has a brain, and a great fashion sense. Whenever I am with her, I always noticed that she’s looking at the boutiques to look at the clothes’ designs and how the colors are matching. I really enjoyed her company. And come to think of it, I missed her already. She’s out of the country for two weeks now. And the fan club in school was freeze for a moment because of the exams. That’s a good thing because at least, I can breathe without fan girls giggling in the corner of the vending machine whenever I get coffee.

 

I’m in the middle of eating my lunch when my phone suddenly ringed. Do it do it chu~ chu chu chu chu it chu.. I know that ringtone a lot. “Yeoboseyo?” I answered feeling nervous all of a sudden. “OPPA!!!!!” I heard at the other line. Oh great! She’s here now. I never thought that she’ll follow me here in Korea. Although she also has a Korean blood. “Yah! You’re voice is too loud. Keep your voice down.” I said to her over the line. “Oppa! I’m here in front of your school. This little guard here doesn’t want to let me in. He said it’s still school hours and it si not allowed to let visitors enter. Oppa! I’m pissed off right now. Come on, go out for a while, I really wanted to see you!” She said on the other line. I can imagine her stomping her feet like a child again. I left a chuckle. “Fine. Wait for me there in a minute.” I said finally. Then I end the call.

I walked to the gate and saw a tall and lean figure waving at me like a child. “OPPA!!” she squealed. Ahh, she never changed. She’s still the girl I met when I went to America. I waved back at her. When I went outside the gate, she suddenly wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me like there’s no tomorrow. “Oppa! I missed you so much!” she said. “Nice to see you again Melanie.” I greeted. Yes, her name’s Lee Melanie one of the most famous daughter of the Lee family, the biggest dealer of exquisite ceramics in Asia. She was in America since birth, since her mother is an American national, and her dad is always out of the town because of their business. She’s our neighbor then, and since the first time she saw me, she start fanning me, just like how my fan girls here in Korea do. The difference is that, they can’t hug or kiss me unlike how Melanie can do to me.

“What are you doing little lady? School is not yet over right?” I asked her, while she kept on clinging to my arms. “I know that, but we have a dance competition which will be handled here in Korea, so I have my time to visit you, even for few days only.” She explained while looking at me cutely. Melanie is four years younger than me, so it means, I’m like a big brother to her. “Oh. Okay. Have you visit mom?” I asked her. “Hmm.. nope! I was wondering if I can come in yor house together with you. You know that this the first time I’ve stepped my foot in Korea, so of course I don’t know where I am going to.” She said while pouting. Ahh.. she’s really cute. “Fine. But promise me one thing.” I said while pointing my forefinger on her nose. “Hmm..” she nod cutely. “Don’t ever make fun of the students while you’re in the campus. And don’t act mean. I know you Melanie. Don’t dare try that, arasso?” I warned her. “Sir, yes sir!” she saluted then smiled.

I warned her, because behind Melanie’s lamb- like facade is a lion waiting to prey to someone. I remembered when she’s in elementary, when the lunch box I gave her spilled to the ground because of the boys playing around, she jumped at them one by one and began to slap them on the face, kick them anywhere her feet land, bite them until their skin bleed, and worst of all, when she dragged those four boys to the sand box and covered them with sand. Her adrenaline rush came to the extent of hurting her own schoolmates. My school then was nearby, so I ran to their school when I heard one of my classmates told me that Melanie’s been on a fight.

 

When I entered the guidance room, I saw four boys crying while they were a total mess. Then I saw Melanie at the corner, glaring at them furiously. “Melanie?! What did you do?” I asked her furiously. “Oppa! They spilled the lunch you gave me.” She said while pointing at the boys. The boys then  looked at her, “But it’s just an accident.” One of the boys said while crying. “I don’t care if it’s an accident. You spilled my oppa’s lunch for me! And then you didn’t even apologized to me! How dare you four tell me that it’s just an accident?!” she yelled. “Melanie! Stop this nonsense! It’s just a lunchbox, you don’t have to hurt people just because of freaking lunchbox!” I yelled at her. She was taken aback at my fury. “Now, say sorry to them, before the Guidance counselor kick you out of the school.” I commanded her. She looked at me with teary eyes, but then she apologized to the boys and to the counselor.

 

When we’re walking from her school to our house, she’s silent and not looking at me. I noticed that, so I started the conversation. “Have you not get hurt? Did you get bruises?” I asked her. Just then, she cried out loud then hugged me tightly. Since she’s shorter than me, she hugged me by my waist. “Oppa! I’m so sorry! I got agitated and furious to my school mates; because I cherished the lunch you gave me. But you yelled at me earlier so I was frightened to talk to you. I don’t want you to be mad at me. Please forgive me oppa. I promise, I will never do that again. Because you know how much I love you right?” She said while crying. We’re in the middle of the street and people are glaring at us. I patted her head, and made her look at me. “Oppa is not mad at you pabo. I was just angry earlier because of what you’ve done. Look Melanie, you’re a girl, and it is rude for a girl to those kinds of things. Imagine, one girl beating four boys, and making them cry one at a time. Have you thought that maybe one day, no one will look at you as a girl because you became famous of your boy nagging skills. And I don’t want to see a little angel like you turned to be like that.” I said while smiling at her. Just then, one of the most unexpected things happened. She kissed me on my lips. It was just a smack, but I was really ashamed of what she have done. We’re in the middle of the streets, and now a lot of people looked at us. Oh great, now I’m a cradle snatcher. “Oppa, you don’t have to worry, because when I grow up, you’ll be my husband.” She said while smiling sweetly at me.

 

We were walking to the catwalk while Melanie kept on clinging at my arms. I’ve noticed some of the students were looking disgusted to Melanie. Some of them are whispering then looking at Melanie. “Whoa! Oppa, the school here in Korea is also huge just like in America. And their uniforms are really cute. I think it can suit me too, since I’m cute, right oppa?” she exclaimed. I just smiled at her and rumple her hair. Some of the students scoffed. I even noticed some who became teary eyed. Oh man! Am I really famous here that students even cry? And I noticed Melanie having an evil smile. I smacked her forehead lightly, “Yah! I told you to never do any mean things while you’re here. You’re not listening again little girl.” I said. “Oppa! I’m not a little girl anymore. And besides, I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not doing evil things. It’s just your imagination.” Then she smiled. We’re having our conversation in English so no one can eavesdrop to us.

 

The end of class finally arrived, and I’m kind of worried to Melanie when I left her in the faculty room. When I got to the faculty, I saw her immediately. She looked at me, and run to me and gave me a big hug. “Oppa! What took you so long?” she asked cutely. “I have class so it will really take my time. Come on, let’s go home. I’m sure mom will be delighted to see you.” I said and packed my things and went straight home with Melanie.

 

I was right; my mom was really delighted to see Melanie. It’s been a long time since she saw her, and that was when she visited me in America four years ago.

I first excused myself to go to Soojung’s house. I missed her so much. Just when I’m about to push the doorbell, Soojung talked behind me. “Hey young man, you better give me your wallet or I’ll shoot you with this banana.” I scoffed at her, and found her laughing behind me. “Yah! That’s not funny. You made me nervous, aiisshh!!” I said while looking at her with slightly annoyed face. “Yah! Am I that creepy? Here, have some.” She said while handing me a banana yogurt. I was delighted to see the banana yogurt and happily accepted it. “Gomawo.” I said smiling, and I can see feel that my eyes are sparkling. She made a chuckle and leaned on the wall. “So what happened today Minnie?” she asked while drinking her own banana yogurt. “Well, you can’t believe it, but, do you remember Melanie? The girl I’m telling you? The girl who’s really head- over- heels to me? I was really shocked when she gave me a call and tells me that she’s in front of our school. That’s really daebak! I mean, have you ever imagined that to happen?” I said in amazement. “Mwo!? That girl? Oh, I bet she’s the girl behind you now.” She said while pointing behind me. When I turned around I was really shocked to see Melanie glaring at me. And to increase my sudden shock, I heard Soojung laughing. “Oppa! I was looking for you around the house, and I did not found you. Good thing mommy Minjung told me you went outside. And who’s that girl?” she asked while pointing at Soojung. “Annyeong. I am Jung Soojung, Taemin’s neighbor.” Soojung greeted nicely. But instead of greeting Soojung back, she just looked at her from head to toe. Soojung felt uncomfortable at her stare, so she fakely cleared . “Oppa, let’s go inside. I will not stay here that long. So I wanted to be with you.” She said cutely while tugging my arms. “Go inside first. I’ll just say greetings to Soojung’s parents.” She can’t do anything so she went back inside the house while stomping her feet. “Well, that girl is somehow evil as what you’ve said. Have you seen her look? Seems like her eyes will scrutinize my whole being.” She said while looking at the walking silhouette of Melanie to the house. “Don’t mind her Jungie. So, how’s your day?” I asked her, back to our conversation. “Well, I was in the library all day long because of this freaking thesis report to be submitted next week. And after that, I went with Jongin oppa in the pizza house to eat. I’m just really craving for pizza so I dragged him with me. Actually I was calling you earlier, but you kept on rejecting my calls. So I thought you’re busy. I wanted to ask you earlier to come with me to the pizza parlor, because Jongin oppa is not a fan of pizza unlike you and me.” She explained. “You called me? But I didn’t get any calls from you. Or.. aisshh!” I left my phone to the faculty room. Maybe Melanie did that. I know her too much. I’m sure she’s the one rejecting your calls. “Well, you better scold your little cat out there. She’s starting to piss me off. It’s not a good sign Minnie. You know me.” She said while furrowing her eyebrows. “Hey, stop furrowing your eyebrows. You’re getting ugly.” I said while pushing her eyebrows up. Then I kissed her forehead. My usual habit to her. “Good night now baby Jungie.” I said before patting her head. She then kissed me in my cheek, “Good night too. Don’t dream about banana. I know you’ll end up drooling in your sleep.” She said and laughed before entering their house. I was looking at Soojung, not knowing that blazing eyes were staring at me and Soojung all the while.

 

After three hours of chit- chatting with my mom, finally, Melanie decided to leave. “Oppa, I can’t see you tomorrow because we need to practice for our competition in Saturday. Can you pay me a visit on our practice tomorrow, on the Seoul Complex? I cannot concentrate on our practice if I knew that you’ll be with those girls in your school. Can you oppa? Even for an hour? Please!” she begged me with her famous puppy eyes. “Alright, I’ll try to visit you tomorrow. But if I don’t visit you, it means there are a lot of school works that I need to deal with, arasso?” I said while patting her head. “I understand. I have to go now. I’m sure our manager is furious now.” She said while chuckling. I lead her to the gate where the taxi I rented earlier is waiting. “Bye oppa! Take care! Love you!!” she waved like a child. I just waved at her and smiled. After the taxi left, I sighed in relief. Finally, some alone time with myself.

 

 

 

AN: I also put my oh so lovely Melanie here. I just like the fact that there is a Kpop idol that can be suitable for my characters. It's really fascinating..hahahaha

anyways, enjoy! I'm planning to enter the other Chocolat members here, and N'UEST members too..