Chapter>Nine

Taming Kyuhyun

When Seohyun finished working on her floral arrangement, she was very satisfied to look at it.

She stood up to place it inside. The one who ordered it will be there any minute. When she stood up, there she saw Kyuhyun standing. His hands were on his pocket.

“Yah. How long have you been there?” She shockingly asked.

Looks like he was thinking deeply that he was shocked when he heard her.

“W-what?” He asked.

“I must be the one to be shocked because your there all along and you didn’t told me, and you’re the one who is shocked.”

He smiled. He had the perfect teeth.

“I’m sorry.” He said. “I was about to announce my presence when I heard you sing. I was mesmerized by your voice.”

Well, well, well... When did he learn to talk to her like that? It looks like it’s easy for him to . And he looked at home when they’re together. Hmm...

Until that day, they still haven’t found out the guy Victoria chose over Kyuhyun. No one is picking Victoria when she was in her apartment. After they spy on Victoria, they always went to a restaurant to eat dinner. That’s why it’s been four days she ate dinner with Kyuhyun.

“Well, if that’s your way to compliment my voice, thank you very much.” She smiled. “What brought you here by the way?”

Because these past four days, Kyuhyun always picks her up by 4 in her flower shop. Then they will spy on Victoria.

“What?” she asked him again because he didn’t answer.

“I want to say that I just passed by here because I had an appointment just near your flower shop. I’d like to use that excuse, but on second thought, I might as well tell you the truth. Because you are helping me. I owe you to tell the truth.” He explained.

“And the truth is?”

“The truth is... I woke up earlier feeling tired. I should be happy because I just finished another successful project. But then I’m not. I am... miserable. I can’t stand to be alone. So I stood up and took a bath. I went out of my apartment and drove my car with no particular destination...”

“And then?” She asked.

“And then... I just saw myself standing right in front of your shop. It seems that I don’t have too many friends to go to in times of trouble.”

“What about Sungmin-sshi?” She asked. Sungmin is his bestfriend.

“He and Sunny are honeymooning right now somewhere in Bangkok, trying to have a baby. Besides they’re too happy and too in love I know I’ll just bore them.” Kyuhyun said.

“Uh-huh... So meaning to say, Yuri is not here, and so is Sungmin-sshi. Then you thought about me. Always here. And always available. You can easily call and confront. That you can easily tell to hang-out with you. Is that what you’re trying to say, Mr. Cho Kyu Hyun?” She raised her eyebrow while joking.

She saw that he suddenly became awkward. And avoided his gaze to her.

“You really know how to flatter my ego, Kyuhyun.” She grinned. “When everyone’s not around and free, then you go to Seo Joo Hyun. Hah!”

“Uhmmm... I’m... I-I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it that way. If... If this is not a good time, it’s okay. I could go and---“

“Hey, I’m just kidding!” She laughed. “It’s not like I’m not used with your attitude. I’m just thankful that you’re not mean to me. Besides, I’m not a sensitive person, especially when I’m used to it.” She added.

“Really, if this is a wrong timing, I could just go. I don’t want to get in the way with your plans for the---“

“Blah, blah, blah.” She said then went inside the flower shop. She felt him followed her.

“Yah. Have you eaten breakfast?” She asked.”Yah. answer me.”

“I haven’t eaten anything.” He said.

“What? It’s already past ten.” She said while looking at her wrist watch. She then went inside her private office and he followed.

“Please sit down.”

They sat on the couch. And she grabbed her phone.

“Yes, hi. Good morning, Uncle Lim!” She happily greeted. She called in her favorite restaurant that is not far from her shop. She always buys food there, that’s why she knows all the staff there.

“I’d like to order_____ , Uncle Lim.” She smiled. “ Wait a minute.” She looked at Hugo.

“What do you like to eat?” She asked. “It’s a chinese restaurant. Their noodles are superb. Chicken noodle is my favorite. It has fresh veggies. Very delicious.”

Kyuhyun smiled. “I’ll choose whatever you’re having.”

“Okay.” She mouthed. “Hey, Uncle Lim, sorry for the delay. I’d like to order now. Chicken noodle, and fried rice topped with shanghai. And of course pineapple juice. Don’t forget to include hot chili sauce, okay? Okay, thanks. Yes, that would be all. Oh, and Uncle Lim, it’s for two. I have a friend with me. So make that two each okay?” She smiled.

“Yuri’s with you?” Uncle Lim asked on the other line.

“No, uncle, Yuri’s not here. I’m with...” She looked at Kyuhyun who was also staring at her. “I’m with another friend.”

“A guy friend perhaps?” Uncle Lim teased.

“Uh-huh.” She said, so that Kyuhyun wouldn’t what they’re talking about.

“Oh, that’s good, that’s good. It’s been a long time since you ordered for two with a male friend. Your Aunt will be very delighted.”

“Uh-huh, no, Uncle Lim, it’s not what you think it is. He’s just... just...” She glanced at Kyuhyun again which was reading a magazine. “Someone who happened to stop by.” She added.

She silently cursed herself because there was loneliness in her voice when she said those last words.

“You’ll never know, Seohyun... That friend of yours might not just be stopping by.”

She just wished it could be true. “Thanks Uncle...” She then hangs up.

“Who was that you’re talking to? A relative?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No, it was Uncle Lim, the owner of that Chinese restaurant just near here. I know them for dour years already. And they’d been somewhat friends and parents to me. They’re nice people. You’ll like them, too.”

“I’d like to meet them one of these days.” Kyuhyun said.

“Yeah, sure.” She said. Even though she knows that it won’t happen. Because they can’t be together anymore after they finish their ‘mission’. After he sees the guy Victoria chose over him, all will be back to normal. That they will not see each other every day. And if they see each other, he will be in a hurry, that he doesn’t like to talk to her. He will be again aloof to her.

She remained silent.

“Seohyun?” She blankly looked at him. “Seohyun?” He said again.

“Hmmm? Are you saying something?”She asked.

“Do you have a problem?”

“What? Why do you ask that? Do I look like a person who has a problem?”

“Not really. It looks like you will suddenly froze and like your thinking of something deep. Then you’d look... lonely. I don’t know, but that’s how you looked to me whenever your mind flies. Are you lonely, Seohyun?”

“Me? Of course not, why would I be sad?”

“Your parents perhaps.” He said.

“I stopped worrying about my parents a long time ago. They are adults. And they know what’s right for them.”

“Why didn’t you visit us in Japan last summer? Mom and dad really wants to see you, and so are the kids.”

She really did not want to go because it will be the first time he will introduce Victoria as his fiancée to his family. She doesn’t want him to see her affected,

“Oh. It was only my available time to visit my grandmother in States. So I grabbed the opportunity.”

It was true.

“That’s what Yuri told me.”

Yuri once told her that Kyuhyun’s family always mentions her name. Even in front of Victoria, and she was happy by knowing that. She was glad that his family loves her.

 But there was still sadness in her. Because no matter what everyone said, and no matter what she do, the truth won’t change, that Kyuhyun doesn’t love her, and he doesn’t want to marry her.

“And what about Yonghwa? ”She looked at Kyuhyun.

“W-what about him?”

“Is he the reason why you seem sad and silent?” Kyuhyun asked while staring intently to her.

She didn’t answer. If you only knew.

“Yuri didn’t actually told me all the details why you separated. I didn’t want to pry so I didn’t ask. I just accepted that your relationship didn’t work out. I’ve seen... the way Yonghwa would look at you. And I knew he loved you. What happened? Don’t tell me he abused you?”

She just stared at him. What can she say?

“Yonghwa... was the perfect boyfriend. He was the man I didn’t deserve. So I had to let him go. Let’s just keep it that way. It’s has been a long time, and I don’t want to elaborate.”

“Don’t tell me...”He said.

“Don’t tell you what?” She scratched her forehead.

“I was just wondering...”

“Wondering what?”

“That you just realized that Yonghwa is not the one for you.”

God, how could he have known that? Did he have a hint on the real reason why she and Yonghwa broke up?

“I mean, back in college, you used to be like that. You’d be interested in a guy and when the guy falls for you, you’d run and leave him... hanging. I just wonder if it also happened in the case of Yonghwa...”

She was wrong the whole time. That’s what he’s trying to say all along. She frowned. Until now he sees her like before.

“Kyuhyun, Yonghwa is a decent man. He’s a great guy. I have so much respect for him to do what you think a long time to me. And I’m done doing that. I don’t want Yonghwa to settle for anything less. What happened to us, I’d like to keep that to myself. I don’t think I owe you an explanation.” She said while trying to control her anger.

She heard him deeply sighed. “God, I’m... I’m sorry. Forgive me for saying that. I didn’t mean to get you insulted. I just...”

“Apology accepted. Let’s change the topic please.”

There food came. It was a perfect timing.

“Here’s the food. We might as well eat.” She smiled while trying to hide the pain in her heart with what he said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Okay. Here's an update!

SORRY for not updating yesterday!

Internet connections are driving me craazy!!! >:l

~I'll update soon!!!^^

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!

->Xo,Ms. Lim^^