Chapter 9

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Kyuhyun

I couldn't believe that she had a side to her like that, sweet and caring. I was still a 'silly dork' after all, and I was still with Nara. I had a reason to, but not a very good one. I would have broken off with her if she hadn't told me this. So, the day after I met up with Byul, Nara called me.

"Jagi, come to the cafe near my house! Quickly, I have really good news" She said excitedly.

"OK, OK, I'm coming." I said, after we had finished practice.

I saw her through the window as I arrived at the cafe, she was dressed in a cap and dark clothes, she thought she was such a 'celebrity'. She waved when she saw me. Whenever she had good news, I never really thought of it as good news, and this time I had a bad feeling, a sour feeling.

"Kyu!" She exclaimed. I sat down in the seat opposite her.

"Guess what?" She said excitedly, jumping up and down in her seat.

"What?" I said, faking excitement. 

"You're going to be a daddy!" 

I froze. This could not be happening.

"But... w-we didn-" 

"I only found this morning!" She said, rubbing her stomach, "Aren't you excited?"

"O-of course I am!"

"I'm thinking about leaving ballet in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to reveal it to the press until I'm three months, and you can't drop any hints either."

"Jagiya! Why aren't you paying any attention? We're going to be married soon!" She whined, shaking my arm.

"Ah, um, how many weeks along are you?"

"About 4." She rubbed her stomach again. Well, Byul was 12 weeks, it was obvious that she was pregnant then, and she had told her company. She was one of their best dancers, so they didn't fire her. She still taught classes, but most of her students were oblivious to her pregnancy. She loosened her bandages on her stomach as well.

My thoughts were blurrred with stress when I dropped her off at her house. I had promised to Byul that I would stay by her side, but I had Nara here as well. My phone suddenly buzzed as I sat in my car. Byul had sent me a photo of her first scan, she didn't know the gender yet she said. I smiled at the fuzzy black and white photo, and hoped that she would be happy, even if I did have to leave.

I decided not to tell her about Nara's pregnancy straight away. Driving to her flat, I picked up some oranges and rasberries at a fruits shop, because I knew she loved them. 

"Morning." She said, opening the door. Her belly was a lot bigger than a week ago. I hugged her lightly, not bumping into her stomach.

"Woah, why are you so affectionate today?" She said, suprised.

"I just... missed you." I whispered, "A lot."

"Come on, put your bags down." She was still the straightforward, kind girl like a couple of weeks ago. I didn't want to tell her, I felt like I was betraying her.

"So, are you doing any work now?" I asked, sitting down on her sofa with her.

"Yes, just some teaching, 'Giselle's' finished, and my maternity leave's in a couple of months."

"That's nice, take it easy now."

She smiled genuinely at me, and made me feel even more guilty. I did do it with Nara a couple of weeks ago, but I felt so drunk that day I didn't know what I was doing, only the next morning I realised. But no matter what I say, it's my fault, and I have to deal with the consequences. I took a deep breath, I didn't plan on telling her now. I saw the little bump rising underneath her shirt everytime she breathed. She saw me staring and it lightly.

"I'm so happy that you're OK now." I said.

"Was I not fine before?"

She was still sharped tongued. Like me.

Although there was so much happiness in my mind, but it couldn't overpower the unhappiness. Nara continuously called me over the next few days, giving updates, even though there probably wasn't much going on at 4 weeks. But the most heavy thing was the wedding. It didn't look like I needed to propose, our parents where constantly reminding us to prepare, and Nara dragging me to wedding dress shops, and looking at venues.

I only had one thought on my mind. Byul and her baby.