Chapter 7

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Kyuhyun

She fell forwards, into my arms. I just stood there wide eyed; it was situation I had never come across before. I gently put her on my back. I don't know why, I suddenly had a happy feeling in my heart. Her cheek softly rubbed against mine as I carried her up the staired to her flat. I could feel her stomach on my back, I could feel pieces of cloth around too. Was she really as I though, Pregnant? Maybe just bloated, but she didn't look like she ate that much.

I had to search her pocket for keys. Scrambling through her right pocket, through her left pocket to find small silver keys. I lay Byul on her bed, her room was fairly small, smaller than mine. I let her slide off my back onto the bed, I found a blanket and covered her with it.

Her house looked cosy, a small living room, kitchen and two small bedrooms. There was a window, overlooking Seoul, and a medium sized TV.

Reaching out to her head, it was burning hot. 

“Ahhhh." I sighed, getting a towel and wetting it, I squeezed out water, and placed it on her head. The shock must have woke her, 

"Where am I?" She said.

"Don't you recognise your own room?" I joked.

"Yes, what happened?"

"You fainted, I think you have a temperature anyway." 

"Um, thanks." She said, trying to get up. 

"Before I go, can I ask you something?" I said, sitting on the edge of her bed, looking into her eyes deeply. She nodded.

I took a deep breath, and said, "Don't over react, but... are you maybe... pregnant?" with a little doubt. She stopped looking into my eyes, and I could see she was holding back tears. 

"How did you know?"

"Just things. You know, from being near you." I continued, "I know you secret, do you want to know mine?"

"Fine."

"I don't actually love Nara. Our parents actually arranged it."

"That's not as bad as mine." She gave a small smile.

"You have such a pretty smile." I said.

"Thanks."

"So what are you going to do about the baby?"

"Keep it."

"Really? You're one brave girl. But what about the baby's dad?"

"He disappeared a few months ago. I don't really want him back so I haven't done much looking for him."

"Ahh, I'm sorry." I said apologetically.

"Don't go to work tomorrow. Stay at home." I continued.

"I have to, we have rehearsals!"

"I called in, I told them you had a temperature."

"But I need to be there!" She protested, I held her down by the shoulders.

I could tell she was a stubborn one. I her hand, and said, "Don't worry, I'll take care of you!." 

She laughed. "I still need to tell them I'm pregnant though. Even my mum doesn't know yet. And I can't come up with a convincing story either."

"I'll stay with you until the baby comes, when it's born I'll go if you don't want me here." Wow I felt like a proper man now. She had opened up to me so much, and I felt I had to do something in return, just for her.

"What about Nara?"

"I actually don't know, I'll break things off with her." 

"What about your parents?"

"I'll work something out soon enough." I smiled.

I went to get her a extra blanket, and I looked through her fridge too, there was barely anything in it. Just some kimchi, leftover rice and a few carrots and cucumber. Her cupboard was virtually empty as well, a opened packet of biscuits and some bread.

"The first thing we are going to do to tomorrow is, going shopping." I announced as I came back with the blanket. "Your kitchen is empty. You need healthy foods now."

I laid the blanket across her, and said, "I'll collect you at 10am tomorrow. If you prefer me to go now."

"No." She said, "Don't go。Please." She pulled at my arm, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Please don't go." She whispered.