Chapter 15

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

5 Years Later

Perhaps it was for the best, to leave our relationship there. Left any longer, our memories wouldn't be so sweet. I still think about him, five years on.

Alex rested his head on my shoulder as I sat up in bed. We were surrounded by crisp, white bedsheets.

'Sleep well?' he whispered, kissing my neck.

'Yes, not with any help from you.' we smirked together.

We had met almost everyday after we first met. It turns out that his mother was the chief choreographer of the National Ballet. She introduced us, and after 7 months, we married still basking in new happiness. We settled down in a calm neighbourhood of Paris, and lived there ever since. Kyuhyun hasn't called since I told him Iwas getting married. He's still with Nara, and maybe they reconciled.

'Alex?' I said, opening the curtains.

'What?'

'I'm going back to Korea in a couple of days.'

'Have you asked the doctor? He allowed you to fly?' he rushed over, his fingers tracing my 20 week bump. I nodded, as he pulled me closer to his chest in a warm embrace.

'Why did you decide to go now?'

'I want to see my old company, besides, I have to see some people face to face.'

'OK, stay safe though.' he kissed the top of my head.

----

After Alex had dropped me off inside the airport I called Kyuhyun, my hands trembling.Please pick up, please pick up...

The phone rang 4 times.

'Hello?' his voice was instantly recognisable.

'It's me.' I said, 'I'm coming back to Korea. Do you still remember the promise we made 5 years ago?' I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, pressing the cold phone close to my face.

'I'll be there. Don't worry.' 

It felt as if a flame was ignited in my heart, a couple of words able to keep me warm.

----

My journey to Dowon park ended with a short taxi ride. Sunglasses over my face, I payed the driver and thanked him. I climbed out of the car and scanned the park. It was like when we first met, cold, empty.

I searched harder, unable to find him, walking even further, through the trees frantically.

'Byul.' A voice was piercing. I stopped in my tracks. Was it him? I turned back, my long coat swishing. 

The sight greeting my eyes was different from my memory. His hair was short and dark; I liked it that way. In his arms, a little girl. Tears in his eyes gleamed as he smiled. We walked towards eachother and he put his daughter on the bench. I buried my face in his winter jacket while he ran his hands through my hair. 

'You've changed Byul.' He muttered, sitting on the bench, pulling his daughter on his lap.

'So have you. Military service?' 

'Yeah. 5 months to go.'

I pulled my coat over my belly.

'I see you've bought someone else along as well.' he gestured at my rounded belly.

I gently smiled.

'Boy or girl?' he asked.

'Twins. One of each.'

'Good luck getting your figure back.' he began teasing again, just like before.

'Perhaps its to make up for the one I lost 5 years ago, don't you think?'

'No. These twins are different. They'll be born into a loving home, surrounded by family.'

'Speaking of family, how are you?' 

'Nara's been ill for the past 3 months. She can't even get out of bed now, let alone take care of Jia.'

'I'm so sorry. It must be hard for you these days.'

He sighed, 'Anyway, Jia's been wanting to meet you. Haven't you sweetheart?'

'Yeah! I want to be a ballerina when I grow up!' she piped.

We chuckled, 'You sure? I'll even teach you.'

'I want to be just like you, eonni.' 

'She's having lessons in our old studio.' Kyuhyun whispered.

We chatted for so long, until Jia began to doze off.

'Can I kiss you again?' He asked hopefully.

'Go on then.' Our lips touched and our memories became close like they were yesterday.

He placed a hand on my cheek, 'I've changed my mind, you haven't changed at all.' he smiled.

'Still friends?' I asked.

'Obviously. Nothing's changed.'

I still wished for everything to be the way it was before. I could see it in his dark brown eyes as well. His loving gaze was still  the same, how he use to smile everytime we began talking.

'Can I see Nara?'

"Y-yeah. I could take you to the hospital now if you wanted.'