Chapter 12

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Byul

6 Months Later

 new season came and summer brushed through. The summer season brushed me by like Kyuhyun did in the winter. I grabbed my lower stomach in pain.The baby was pushing hard on my belly. I moaned. Looking around my large house, there was nothing and no one who could help me. Could ambulences even reach my house? 

"Ah..." I groaned, my hands sinking into the edge of the sofa. I had not seen Kyuhyun for 5 months, but I felt my fingers searching for his number on my phone. Warm fluid passed through from my legs and dripped onto the floor. 

"Kyu- Kyuhyun..." I moaned into the phone.

"Huh? What's wrong?" He answered, suddenly panicking.

"The Baby.. I feel..." I gasped, " It's coming."

"Wait, I'm coming!" He said, before hanging up. Was he joking, was he playing with me?

I screamed once more, the sound escaping from within me, I clutched my belly in pain. During these months, it had really grown, making it so painfully obvious.

"Baby.. hang on... mum will protect you." I groaned, hands caressing my lower stomach. My vision became dark and I could not remember anything past the fact my head banged on the floor.

...

When I woke up, I had all sorts of drips attached to my arm and I was dressed in white.

"Shhh, don't move." Said Kyuhyun, who looked awfully folorn.

"What?" I croaked, trying to sit up. He put his arm around my shoulders and helped me up, 
"Where's my baby?"

"It-" He shut his eyes, as if he was about to cry, he bit his lip.

I looked around the empty, cold room. "Where's my baby, Kyuhyun?" I repeated, firmly.

"It was stillborn, Byul. I'm so sorry."

It felt as if 100 bullets had just pierced through my chest, tears rushed out of my tired eyes as he locked me into a warm embrace, the safest embrace. I sobbed into his soft grey sweater as he my back.

"What was it?" I asked after he had got me some water.

"A boy, weighing 7 pounds." He smiled sadly.

"What did I do wrong. It never even took its first breath."

"You did nothing wrong, sweetheart." He kissed my forehead softly.

"I don't even know what I would have named it, honestly. I would have been a terrible mother. But I wouldn't have minded a little son."

"I wouldn't mind one either." He gave a wink. "With you."

He had to return to Nara not long after. They had gotten married in Tuscany 5 months go, and their baby was growing so well that people thought she was having twins. Two weeks later, Nara went into labour, at the same hospital. My doctors recommended that I stay, because I might be 'traumatised' by having a stillborn. Papparazzi stormed the hospital gates, desperate to get a photo of the celebrity couple.

Going out for a walk, I saw him again, sitting alone on those plastic green hospital chairs, head in his hands.

"Hey." I said, sitting next to him.

"Hi."

"You're getting a child, you should be happy."

He laughed, "Is it really that painful, having a baby?"

"I wouldn't know."

He chuckled, while his wife's screams and moans echoed in the corridor. We sat in silence for a couple of seconds, before his hand laid itself on mine gently. He leaned in and pulled me in towards him.

"Not here, Kyuhyun." I breathed, our lips almost touching.

"I love you, Byul. With every part of me. I have loved you since our first conversation."

" Please tell me that's not true, kid. People do talk, if word gets out the press will call me a , your mistress."

"I don't care if your a couple of years older than me, or if we've had an uncoventienal relationship. All I want is to be with you, to have you in my arms."

Suddenly a baby's cries bursted out of the next room. I dropped my gaze to the floor, instead of staring into his eyes. 

"Soon, the nurses are going to come and get you," I said, cupping his face, "If you meant any of what you just said, meet me downstairs at 11."

He nodded tearfully as I got up and went back to my room.