Chapter 13

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

The air was humid and hot in the hospital park, but I still felt so cold from inside. The sun set too quickly, and a splash of summer rain told me I should head inside.

Just as I was about to leave, a pair of strong arms embraced my waist from behind. Kyuhyun nuzzled his head on my shoulder as I turned to face him.

"You're early." I said, pointing to my watch.

"I couldn't wait to see you again. It's been too long." He planted a delicate kiss on my lips, "Way too long."

"How's your baby?" I asked.

"It's a girl. I'm letting Nara take care of all the details at the moment." 

"Have you got any names yet?" I pulled in closer to him, decreasing the proximity between us.

"No. I would name her Byul, but..." Drops of rain started falling, making everything around blurry and wet, but we didn't care. We had one final kiss, both cold and wet from the rain, my hands on the sides of his face, his arms around my waist.

"I love you. Never forget that, okay?" He said. We shared an embrace, and promptly after, he went left, I went right, as if we never had that meeting.

Not long afterwards I started to get daily texts from him again. Short, regular, sweet messages that brightened my day. Somehow, I felt that this wasn't right. That I was a wrongdoer, because I was with someone elses husband. I tried so hard to distance myself from him, his family, but God was so cruel to pull us back together.

3 Months Later

I pulled on my beige trenchcoat after my first day back at the studios. The feeling of putting on your pointe shoes again after a long time is inexplainable. The sensation of dance felt so surreal against the miserable backdrop of the past. Everyone was so welcoming, but who knows what they really thought. Anyway, Kyuhyun had arranged to meet up in a nearby cafe, and when I get there, he was already sat with a coffee. 

"Early as always, kid" I said. He gave me a small smile, and returned to being serious.

"Byul, I've told Nara I want a divorce." He bit his lip.

"Kyuhyun, you seriously can't do that. She's the mother of your daughter."

"But this way, I can be with you." He whispered.

"Aren't you afraid of the scandal? I have news for you too."

"What?" He took a sip of his espresso.

"I had a new job offer. To Paris. They want me to join their ballet company." There was a moment in silence while he tried to take it in.

"T-that's brilliant. Does that mean you're leaving?"

"Yes, I'll be moving."

"Then I'll come with you. We can have a new life there."

"I'm going in 2 weeks, do you have enough time to sort everything out?"

"Of course. The band's on hiatus, and everyone's over obsessed with my daughter, Ria now anyway." 

The knife twisted in my heart slightly as he mentioned his daughter. I saw photos of her all the time on magazines the girls read, or gossip websites. Most of them were put online by Nara; her popularity as a 'model' was wearing thin, ever since she got pregnant. I don't see her at all now, she probably figured out now, something was going on between her husband and I, and stopped coming to dance class.

I packed my suitcase. My clothes, dance gear, everyday essentials. Everything I had was put into cardboard boxes as I prepared to leave for Paris, for good. My mother didn't want anything to do with me, the company have sent me elsewhere, so why should I stay? My flight was booked, I brushed up on my french from my school days, and rented out a flat.

I felt so unusually excited to leave my homeland, perhaps a new start with Kyuhyun is what I need, and what I truly wanted.