Chapter 8

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Byul

When I woke up Kyuhyun was making red bean soup. I stretched and rubbed my eyes. I  haven't had nausea in the past couple of days, so I did my morning routine: tie hair up, brush teeth, wash face. 

"Oh, so you're up!" Kyuhyun said, walking down over to the bathroom. Shocked, I covered my face with my hands; he had never seen me like this before, casual clothes and puffy face with bed hair. 

He laughed, trying to take my hands away "Come on, I need to feel your forehead." I let him put his warm hands against my forehead, and then he pressed his forehead against mine, pulling both our bodies together. "I'm not trying to make a move on you, your temperature seems to have lowered a bit."

"I've prepared breakfast." He said, taking my wrist and leading me into my living room. He gave me a bowl of red bean soup,

"So you really stayed here last night?" I said, taking a sip of my breakfast.

"Of course, I can't refuse a lady's wishes!" He said cheekily, "I slept on the sofa, it was cold, but uncomfortable." He was still dressed in what he was yesterday, a blue button up shirt and black jeans. 

"I have some of my ex's old clothes in my drawer, you can have them for the time being."

"We need to go grocery shopping now, after you've finished." He said. I can't believe what he was saying last night was serious, "You can count it as a 'grocery date'."

"You have a girlfriend, you should go on dates with her."

After I had finished my breakfast, I noticed, he did the cleaning. I tied my hair into a bun, wore purple skinny jeans, a t-shirt with a fluffy black long cardigan and a long coat.

"Ready?" He said, afterwards we went out into the frosty cold air. Kyuhyun was wearing a big scarf, to cover his face from being spotted. 

"You know, you should really stay close to me while walking." He said, muffled behind his scarf.

"Why?"

"I'm a man, so therefore I should try to protect you." He said, offering his hand. I put my hand in his, rolling my eyes at his cheeky attempt. "My girlfriend would be so jealous of you right now."

The supermarket was full of hustle and bustle when we walked in, it was lively and loud.  

"We should get fruits first." Kyuhyun said, pulling me over there, "I'll pay for everything." He pulled me closer to him.

"No, I'll pay." 

Kyuhyun grabbed some bananas, apples, strawberries, grapes and some pears.

"We really don't need that much." I sighed, following after him, he was like a little kid, grabbing everything he could find.

"Yes we do."

Then I got a packet of rice and a loaf of bread. Kyuhyun, was looking at baby products. He seemed so devoted, even when he isn't the father of my child.

"Kyuhyun, we certainly don't need those now."

"It's good to start preparing early. Anyway, what nappy should be get?" He said, his chin. I dragged him away, on to the things that would be useful.

"You need maternity clothes, Byul, soon."

"I suppose. I can still fit into my normal clothes now though."

"I'll take you to a specialisers tomorrow."

"Go spend your money on Nara, I can manage myself."

"OK, from now, I promise to stay with you, until the baby is born." He said in the rice and cereals aisle, so romantic, right?

I suddenly realised, I had never been like this with Hanmin before. With Kyuhyun it was different, it was like we were friends who had laughs and cared for each other. I found myself opening up to him so much, because I needed someone to love. He held onto my hand the entire way back, I just hoped his girlfriend wouldn't see us. Nara was like that, jealous. 

He went back home with me, and put his hand on my forehead, 

"Your fine now, do you want me to go?" He said. 

"Yeah, if you want. Thank you for today... everything."