Chapter 3

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Kyuhyun

When I got back to the dorm all the guys were there, eating dinner, exept Donghae, who was out filming. 

"And where have you been?" Asked Leeteuk as I took off my shoes.

"I saw Byul today."

"What? The ballerina? The really pretty one?" Questioned Eunhyuk, full of interest.

"Yes, after Nara's  class." I sat down with them and ate my dinner which Ryeowook made.

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun why are you so late, I spent 2 hours making that dinner and you come late while it's cold!" He shouts from the kitchen. Eunhyuk and Heechul laughed, while I just ate my dinner and smiled at him.

"Gosh, this kid." He joked. "Anyway, why did you visit her?"

"Just to be friendly, for taking care of Nara."

"Is that the real reason, or did you fall in love again, Cho Kyu?"

"I'm telling you, just a friend!"

I really couldn't stop thinking about her, after dinner I took out my computer, not to play games, but to search Byul. I sound like a stalker.

What was her full name again? Jeon Byul. I typed that into google, and I scrolled onto the second page to find her. Her online bio said she was 22 Years old, and her birthday was 12th of February, she trained at Korea National Ballet before moving Russia to the Vaganova Academy and then coming back here. It also says her training had been so vigarous, that she had been in hospital over 4 times in a month. I clicked through a another website, it called her the most sucsessful Korean ballerina under 25.

At that point and onwards, I admired her so much. Through all the pain she went though from training, then going to a foreign county as a teenager to experience more pain to become a principal dancer at Korea National Ballet again.

I could always hear Nara complaining about her, saying things like 'oh, she's such a , she can't even dance properly' or 'why is she even a dancer? I don't think she can even touch her toes.' Nara is only saying this because she thinks she's better than everyone else, she has celebrity friends, rich parents and pretty tailor made dresses. I still had to love her, for my family. The truth is, they're going bankrupt, and a marriage with Nara will save us.

I decided to go onto one more website. Byul even used to go on Variety Shows, such as Happy Together or The Human Condition, but the last variety show she did was 1 year ago. I guess she got bored of them. She know in her spare time teaches classes. Every photo of her was perfect, her big dark eyes full of emotion when she performed.

I shut my computer lid, and I entered her number into my phone, I sighed deeply, then called her. I didn't think she would pick up, but she did. Her voice sounded tired; I bit my lip and I felt so sorry for calling her so late. I began to start; I had never been so nervous in my life, not even like my auditions.

Really? I though as she invited me to one of her classes. I wanted to thank her so much, and tell her I loved her, but I told myself: No, Cho Kyuhyun, you are manly, remain cool. I took a deep breath and replied. I would finally see her in her natural habitat, doing what she loved to do.

As soon as I hung up, my phone rang again. Could it be Byul? I got myself so excited, to find out, it was Nara. 

"Hey jagi." I said.

"I've missed you so much, I called you to talk about our wedding." 

"Jagi, it's months away." I sighed, I hadn't even proposed to her yet, but the media and our families wanted this to happen.

"We should start preparing now!" She nagged. She rambled on about who she wanted to invite, her dress and the venue.

"Oh Jagi!" I said, suddenly remembering what Byul said. 

"What?"

"Your dance teacher invited the boys to watch you dance tomorrow." I know that's not exactly what she said, but I told Nara like that just to make her happy.

"Really? She must be finally seeing my talent now!"

"Yes, so learn well from her, so you can show us all tomorrow."I said sweetly. I had to go after a few minutes, I went to tell the guys to go to the studio at 6pm.

"To see Byul or to see Nara?" Sungmin asked slyly.

"Nara, ofcourse." I laughed.

"Ahhh, she must teach really well, I heard her classes are the most expensive."

"Well, she's only got, like, 10 students in that class." Which is true. Those girls in her class are all socialites, with a rich family behind them, and they were all between 16-20.

I had watched her teaching before. She was stern, but kind to them, but she always pushed them to their best, even Nara. I remember about 8 months ago there was a combined show of all the classes. I remember Byul standing in the background, in the wings, silently watching them. She was still beautiful, even in her practice clothes. Nara, danced the a part, a small part in the middle of Swan Lake. She was fine, but I could still hear her complaints.

"And she told me, 'if you don't want to dance that part, then leave' who does she think she is?" She scoffed. Nara was always like this, complaining about others, and she even said she wanted to kill the main girl. She clung onto my arm and said "Kyu, next time I'm going to get the main part for you." sometimes she was just like this, and sometimes it feels forced.

I had a rehearsal tomorrow, and the time was 1am. The guys were going to sleep already, so I got changed and clambered into my bed, thinking of Byul.