Chapter 11

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Kyuhyun

My world broke as I had to force myself to leave her. I couldn't go to our dorm, and I couldn't go to Nara, because I didn't want to. I sat alone in my car for a hour outside her house; I saw the light go out in her window, and I realised I couldn't call her, out of shame. 

Nara had hit 8 weeks when Byul was 16 weeks. Nara often grabbed my hand, and placed it on her belly, even though there wasn't much to feel. Even when she said she would reveal it at 12 weeks, it was exposed at 8. She would stick out her stomach and where tight shirts to show it off, and shopping in baby shops. I was afraid Byul would be saddened by all the articles published. 

"Kyuhyun!" She said, clinging onto my arm. Her tiny bump rubbed against my arm.

One morning, I passed Byul's house. It was more lively than usual, a removal van parked outside. I knew which number flat she lived in, and I just had to see her. Knocking lightly on the pale brown door, I called out her name.

She looked around the corner, suprised.

"Oh, it's you." She said, calmly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear and walking to me. She rested a hand on her stomach.

"Yes, um, what's happening?" I gestured to the boxes and emptiness that surrounded us.

"I'm moving." She said, "To the countryside."

"Will it be far away?" I was taken aback, it was sudden.

"No, about a half an hour drive."

"Where are you moving to, if you don't mind telling me?" She went up to pick up a box, but I took it away from her hands.

"You still have my phone number. Call me if you need me."

"How's Nara?" She asked, going to pick up another box.

"She's fine, how are you?" I said quickly.

"I'm fine."

"Listen, Byul." I said desperately, "Please!" She turned around. 

"I'm sorry I haven't visited you all this time. I'm sorry about what's happened." I explained, I had caused trouble, and she had to move away because of me.

"It's OK." She turned around to leave, but was stopped sharply by my words.

"Do you want help unpacking? When you get there, I mean."

"No I'm fine."

"I promised I would stay by you, so please let me help."

She gestured for me to come, I immediately smiled and followed, that she still wants me to be there. I wanted to hold her, to love her, but that isn't very possible now. My wedding with Nara was looming. I didn't think Byul knew yet. Magazines called it 'The Wedding of The Decade', and although my face was always a smile when the paparazzi took photos, they couldn't see my blackened heart. 

Nara had often asked me where I was, I was with Byul. Her mind was filled with herself, so I didn't think she would think about it too much. Until it came to the day where she just blatantly asked me "You where with that , Byul, weren't you?"

"Jagi, don't jump to conclusions."

"Aish! Shut up!"

"Don't get angry either, it's bad for the baby!" She shook me off her arm, annoyed.

"Her baby's yours isn't it?" She said, her eyes raging. That blew it for me, I stood up sharply and left. Her screams of apology echoed from behind me. I drove early in the morning to my sanctury: Byul's house. And that was when I saw the removal vans.

Byul's hair softly drifted in the breeze as we drove, I looked at her and my eyes began watering again. 

"Why?" She said, turning towards me, "You look upset."

"Oh do I?" I said, looking up and trying not to cry.

"You had a fight with Nara, didn't you?"

"Well... yes, if you put it that way."

"All pregnant women are that way, she'll be fine in a while." She smiled caringly.

"Why are you so considerate to her? She's so horrible to you."

"I don't let her anger me."She breathed, "Actually, I've really missed these conversations with you, Kyuhyun."

"So have I." I stared long into her dark eyes.

"When's your wedding?"

"Err, soon."

"Congratulations, a beautiful wife and a baby, what more could you want?" Byul smiled. 'You' I thought, echoing in my head.

"I want to visit you often." 

"You're always welcome."

Byul's house was large, spacious and wooden. Away from the city, in the countryside. I wanted to live with her, be with her. The removal men brought all the boxes and furniture into the house and left. 

Looking around the house, I felt my long forgotten phone in my pocket. 

'Jagi, I miss you.'

'Kyu, come home.'

Aish, just never come back.'

'Just go die!'

'I'm sorry, please jagi.'

All from Nara. Shutting my phone off, I went upstairs to find Byul. Ther stairs were a wooden brown, like the outside of the house.

"Hanmin, just stop calling me!" I heard, her voice echoing in the empty room. She was on the phone as well.

"You don't love me at all. Get lost!"

She hung up abruptly. I looked down. This must have been her 'boyfriend', ofcourse she had one, a pretty and talented girl like her. 

"Kyuhyun!" She called, as I began to walk away. I felt the welcoming warmth of her embrace, her arms looped on my shoulders.