Chapter 2

I Fell In Love With A Ballet Dancer

Byul

I stretch out my arms after all of my class leave after the rehearsal and practice for another twenty minutes. I put a hand around my stomach as I go to the toilets. How could Hanmin do this to me? I'm pregnant. Pregnant. I take the bandages off my belly that has been keeping everyone from noticing my stomach, even my mother. Today, one of my students, Nara was staring at my stomach. I wonder if she's noticed?

I am only 7 weeks along. Although my bump is absolutely tiny, I can't let anything show, not to my family or my company. I would be disowned and fired.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbRPSvrgahM) . 

I change out of my ballet clothes into a hoodie and skinny jeans, grabbed my bag and headed out of the changing rooms. My hoodie covered my belly completely, but I still carried worry with me.

As soon as I step out of the building I see a member of Super Junior, I squint my eyes to see exactly who it is. It's Cho Kyuhyun. I've never spoken to him before, but I've seen him staring. Was he there to collect Nara? No, she left twenty minutes ago.

"H...hi" He stuttered as I walked past him.

"Hello. Are you perhaps here to visit Nara?" I said looking into his nervous eyes. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."

"No, I just wondered if we can maybe... go out for a coffee sometime today?"

"I can't drink coffee." I said quickly, wanting to walk past him.

"Then just for a walk? I know you must be pretty stressed."

"Fine."

"That's great! Umm, what about at Hangang Park? It's only five minu-"

"I know where it is."

"So let's go." He said smiling. I wondered why he suddenly asked me to go for a walk.

"Nara tells me that you're a great teacher." He continued as we walked to the park.

"Well, I do my best, Nara is a good dancer, but sometimes challenging."

"Yes, she does have that aura about her." He said as if he were her dad.

We reached Hangang quickly, I felt the cold breeze on my cheeks and was reminded of Hanmin suddenly.

"Could I have your phone number?" Kyuhyun requested, breaking the 2 minute silence.

"Why?" I said sharply

" Err, just bec-"

"I'll give it to you." I said writing it on his hand. His hands were so warm compared my cold fingers. He thanked me and as the sky went dark we went our seperate ways home. He went left, I went right.

He offered to walk me home, but I refused, I don't let random celebrities take me home.

My apartment was cold when I got home. I shivered as I the heating. Looking through my cupboard, I only found a packet of ramyun. Time for grocery shopping. I quickly boiled the noodles and put in the flavouring and ate it on the lid.

"I'm sorry baby." I said my non-exsistent bump. "I'm sorry that I can't give you a normal loving home, or a father, or  anything that a child would want." Tears started to well up. I was probably underweight, I had work 7 days a week and I wasn't eating properly much either.

I must be strong.

This would be the time my mother would urge me to get a boyfriend, or get myself married quickly. I had no men in my life at the moment, Hanmin had disappeared. 

Hanmin was my ex boyfriend, and he disappeared a few months ago. I don't know why, but I think he just dumped me by it. Hanmin was my first proper love, and when he left I just became so cold. I guess I need someone to warm me up.

Kyuhyun? Yes, he would count. But we don't suit each other. Never. He seems like a decent guy, he can stand Nara. Also, to a person like me, he is kind as well. Completely the opposite to Hanmin, a tough, straightforward, wealthy person.

I practiced a few positions holding onto a chair, making sure every line was stretched out perfectly, then checked the time. It was 11.30pm, and I had a rehersal for Giselle at 7.30 tomorrow. Letting my hair down, I climbed into my cold bed and turned off the light. I stared at the cupboard of ballet clothes and the drawer of old pointe shoes across my bed.

Is this all my life is?

My phone suddenly rang at midnight.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Miss Jeon, I was just wondering, did you get home safely?" I recognised his voice, it was Kyuhyun.

"Yes, thank you. Did you get home alright?" 

"Yeah, um, I'll see you tomorrow."

"I- I want to apologise. For being so stern today." I said, sitting up.

"Okay, that's fine." He replied brightly.

"And tomorrow at 6pm Nara has a class, you're very welcome to come."

"Okay, I'll see you there."