I'm back

The Love We Have

Nichkhun's POV :

"Dad can i come in?" I asked as i knock on my dad's study room's door.

"Come in." My dad's voice boomed.

"Dad i have something to talk to you." I said as i took a sit across him.

"What's the matter?" My dad replied coldly, not looking up from the file that he was looking at.

"About Sandar-" I said, but was interupted. "What? Did you succeed?" My dad asked immediately while finally changing his focus to me.

"...No i haven't but-" I continued, but was interupted again. "And you have the nerve to mention her infront of me?" My dad hissed.

"I....i just wanted to tell you i don't-" I replied, intimidated by my dad's sudden change of attitude.

"Get out and think of ways to make her fall in love with you again instead of wasting your time here." My dad replied, changing his focus back to his documents.

I turned around and slowly made my way to the door. At that moment, i was contemplating and thinking thoroughly about everything my dad asked me to do. It was wrong, i don't want to carry on.

I muster all of my courage and shouted, as loud as i could "I don't want to do it anymore! This is not right!" My dad looked up at me with a shocked face.

"Khun. We have to do this, do you know there's a huge amount of money needed to develop the comapny?"  My dad said while walking towards me, with a softened voice.

He continued, as he placed his hands on my shoulders "Nichkhun, take it as you're helping me out."

"But dad, i don't understand why do you need to earn so much money." I said, brushing his hands off my shoulders.

"I'm doing this for you, for your mom and for your sister." My dad replied immediately.

"BUT WE DON'T NEED ANY OF YOUR MONEY. WE WANT SOMETHING THAT MONEY CAN'T BUY." I shouted, in frustration.

My dad, with a shocked face asked "What? What can't money buy?"

"A family. I want a family." I replied tensely.

"Since young, you left the three of us in the states. How many times did you ever visit us? Sometimes i don't even remember your face." I continued.

Taking a glance at my dad, i continued saying "We're father and son, but you don't even know my birthday!"

Like a cat caught his tongue, my dad stood there without replying me.

I took this chance to continue saying "Sandara...doesn't deserve this. I've hurt her before dad. I don't want to do it again."

My dad choked and buried his face with his hands and replied "I'm sorry....i didn't know this is what you thought of me. I thought if we had more money we would come through somehow. Khun...let's forget about the plan. I shall wind up my business here and head back to states!"

I was shocked, this company was his life. "Dad...are you sure?"

"I'm sure. For you, for the family. I can do anything. Afterall, it's time for our family to spend some time together." My dad replied with a smile.

After what my dad said, i walked over to him and gave him a hug. A hug that i wanted, long ago.

"Mom and sister would be so happy to hear this!" I said while giving him the hug.


Sandara's POV :

"Let's do it again." Chaerin said after our five minutes break was over.

In the middle of the practice, i chuckled and said "Bom ah! Move your leg up alittle more! Why is it stuck in the middle?"

"Ya! Don't tease me about it. This is perfection in the making." Bom replied arrogantly, in a joking manner.

"I'm sure of it." I laughed, along with Chaerin and Minzy.

"Alright alright, let's stop for today. Seems like someone's getting tired!" Chaerin teased.

"I'm not!" Bom replied immediately.

"I didn't say that the 'someone' was you! Why so defensive?" Chaerin laughed.

"Ya you!" Bom replied, chasing Chaerin around.

"Okay okay, let's go home and have dinner together okay?" Chaerin said while packing her things.

"I heard Dara unnie have something to attend to." Minzy said. Then everyone stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"Err yeah. I'm going to the park opposite to meet someone." I replied, while continuing to pack my stuff up.

Bom gave me a suspciously look and asked "Who is that 'someone' exactly?"

"Nichkhun." I replied after three awkward seconds.

"Woah. What? Why?" Bom asked curiously.

"I don't know, he said he have something important to tell me." I replied, sitting beside the rest of the members on the floor.

"Uh uh uh. Do you need me to accompany you?" Bom asked.

"I can manage...i guess." I replied hesitantly.

"You'll be home for dinner right?" Chaerin asked.

"Yup!" I replied immediately.

"Good! Tell us what happen at home afterwards!" Chaerin said, getting out of the practice room.

While walking out, Bom and Minzy gave me a huge grin. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, just crossing my fingers for both of you." Bom teased.

I gave her a light punch on her shoulders and replied "We're not like that okay. You should know that very well."

"I know i know. Come on, you don't want to be late!" Bom said, gesturing for me to walk faster.

"See you guys later!" I said, while walking towards the park opposite our dorms.


Young Bae's POV :

"So how's everyone?" I asked my manager as i hop to the back of the car.

"Not so bad without you." My manager replied.

"Impossible!" I exclaimed while joking.

"Alright alright. Let's just get you back to the dorm and you'll know how they're like without you." My manager replied.


Sandara's POV :

"Hey." I said, sitting beside the bench that Nichkhun's at.

"Hey..." Nickhun replied, looking at the lake in front of us.

"So about...explaining some things to me?" I asked, hoping to get a good answer from him.

"Let's get straight to the point then. First of all, i wanted to say sorry for...a lot of things." Nichkhun said, looking at me.

"Okay, continue. I'm listening." I replied, with a confuse look.

"I'm sorry for coming back and..doing all those stupid things. There's a reason for all of that...bull." Nichkhun said.

He continued "My dad...wanted me to get close to you because he wanted me to get close to your family. In particular, your dad. My dad's company needed the support from your dad to develop a villa by the beach. He thought by getting me to go after you, everything might actually work out."

"I...what? My dad?" I asked, still unable to believe what i'm listening to.

"Yes. Your dad is the man holding on to the land beside the beach." Nichkhun explained, with a bitter tone.

"...So you coming back, everything was..you came back with a motive?" I asked, absorbing all the information that i've been given at once.

Nichkhun took a glance at me and replied "Yes...and i'm really sorry. I almost made use of you."

"Then why are you telling me all this now?" I demanded, feeling a burst of anger coming through me.

"I've told my dad that i don't want to do this anymore. It's wrong. I'm asking you out today to apologise, for everything." Nichkhun explained, feeling apologetic.

I was having mixed feelings. This is so...confusing.

Realising that i was contemplating, Nichkhun continued saying "I'm sorry. Even if you don't forgive me. I still have to apologise to you and tell you all this." After saying that, he stood up and gave me a 90 degrees bow.

I sighed and stood up replying, "Okay. I accept your apology."

"Really?" Nichkhun asked, becoming cheerful again after hearing my reply.

"Yes. Afterall, you did not made use of me right?" I said, giving him a small smile.

"Thank you. Thank you!" Nichkhun exclaimed, giving me a hug.

After which, Nichkhun offered to get me some drinks from the vending machine at the other side of the park. I was alone for awhile. I took the time to walk around the park and i smiled thinking about how everything is working out even though i was almost made use of. I was glad, because Nichkhun was not really interested in me. And nothing really happened, i have no reason to be angry about.

While thinking about everything, i smiled to myself and all of a sudden someone gave me a backhug. "Guess who am i?" A husky man's voice asked.

"Err...who? Bom is that you, stop playing around!" I replied, thinking that it was Bom.

"I'm back!" Young Bae said, while laughing at my expression when i was shocked by the him.

"You...why didn't you tell me?!" I asked, still in a state of shock.

"Jiyong told me that he got Bom noona to tell you!" Young Bae replied immediately.

Now i remember, that's what Bom was trying to tell me that day but i didn't catch it!

"AH!" I exclaimed.

"What? Too excited to see me?" Young Bae asked, teasing me.

"No! I'm just shock. Yesterday i was talking to you through skype and today you're here. Like magic!" I replied, still unable to believe my eyes.

"Come here and give me a proper reunion hug!" Young Bae said, pulling me into his arms.

"I missed you." Young Bae whispered, in the middle of the hug.


Young Bae's POV :

"Hey." I heard someone say and i broke the hug to see Nichkhun holding two cans of soft drinks.

"Oh..hi." I said, a little surprise. I gave Sandara a why-is-he-here look.

"Nichkhun asked me to meet him here because he wanted to explain some things to me." Sandara replied immediately.

I gave her a nod and wondered why didn't she told me that yesterday.

"You're...back." Nichkhun said, looking at me.

"Yeah." I replied. After three seconds i asked "How..did you even know i was gone?"

"I.....got to go. Just read this letter and you'll know everything." Nichkhun replied, while walking over to pass me a envelope.

Then he said "Sandara, i forgot to mention to you that i'm going back to the states. For good."

Sandara asked "When are you leaving? Why is it so sudden?"

"I'm leaving tonight." Nichkhun replied, and he continued "I'll visit you next time...if i ever come back."

Then, he gave Sandara a hug and gave me a apologetic look. With that, he walked towards the carpark.

"What was going on?" I asked, taking a sit at a bench.

Dara started filling me in about the things that Nichkhun told her before i came.

"Wow?" I said, giving Sandara a i-am-surprise look.

"What about this letter?" I asked, hoping that Sandara would know what's in it.

"I don't know. Why don't you take a look at it?" Sandara replied.

I nodded my head and started opening the envelope.

 


 

What's the content of the letter in the envelope that Nichkhun gave Young Bae?

 

Hello guys, it's been awhile. I've written this chapter last week, but i couldn't upload it because somehow, it keeps reloading the page and i couldn't update it at all. So here it is now. I almost gave up on updating this, but here it is. Hope you guys enjoyed even though i have to apologise cause i rushed it.