Chapter 16: YG Family indeed!

Super Junior's Angel

A/N: It's only a short filler chapter. sorry you guys! but it's better than nothing no? It's cause I've been busy with studying for my finals and listening to U-Kiss Dora Dora 24/7 and voting for them on mnet.com XD 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vfiaNtF9B4&feature=autoplay&list=PLAEC07C866FDC4605&index=1&playnext=12____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

[Angel’s POV]

 

I was currently lying on the couch in Teddy oppa’s studio, in the YG building, while Jiyong and Teddy oppa were messing around with some beats.

 

“And then she said ‘I don’t seem to be skilled in anything in particular.’ I mean, can you believe that?”

 

I lifted my head to see Jiyong look at me with a weird smile on his face. “Aren’t you just getting upset with this cause you thought you’d get some amazing trainees?”

 

I glared at him. “Aniyo. It just bothers me that a girl like her would not find anything special in herself. I mean, clearly she got enough talent if she got accepted not only based on visuals.”

 

Jiyong shrugged. “I guess not looking exactly like an SNSD member or a member of any other idol group, would bring the self esteem of girls like her down.”

 

Sighing, I sat up straight, and grabbed a CD from my shoulder bag.

 

Teddy oppa eyed me curiously. “Girl, how much stuff do you exactly have in that bag? I’ve seen you pull out two complete outfits, extra sneakers, a huge water bottle, a lunchbox, and now a CD too.” I laughed. “I guess I kind of look like a homeless person.”

 

Jiyong chuckled. “That’s exactly what you’ve looked like ever since I’ve known you.”

 

“Don’t push it, Jiyong-ah. Anyways, after I made them introduce themselves, I kind of tested their dancing and vocal skills. Of course I recorded it, I wanted to ask some opinions from certain people.” I eyed both of them and smirked “I guess you two will have to do.”

 

Jiyong yelled “Yah, is that the way you talk to your beloved oppas?” before he jumped on me, and started tickling me on my sides.

 

I had to laugh, and my high-pitched laugh resonated through the studio. Suddenly the door opened, and Se7en oppa came inside. “I thought I heard Leeteuk’s laugh.”

 

I giggled. “That was just me, oppa.” He smiled at me and said “Annyeong, Angel-ah.”

 

I waved cutely at him and replied “Annyeong oppa!” I suddenly remembered why I was here. “Oppa, are you busy right now?”

 

He checked his watch. “I guess I have some time before I’m supposed to meet Hanbyul. What can I do for you?”

“Today was my first time with the SM trainees that I’m now in charge of, and I kind of wanted to see what you thought about their skills.” I waved the CD at him. “I recorded their dancing, some rapping and some singing. Can you please look at it?”

 

“Sure, anything for my dongsaeng. Teddy, does your projector work?” After he nodded, Se7en oppa popped the CD into the player, and hit start. The first video that started playing was of Hyorin dancing to Lollipop by Big Bang and 2NE1.

 

Jiyong raised his eyebrow and commented “Not really SM style, isn’t it?” But then he nodded approvingly. “But she does quite a good job.” Se7en oppa added “Her routine is quite advanced, not really what you’d expect from any girl.”

 

I bit my lip to hold back my smile. They had exactly the same thoughts as when I watched her dance. YG Family indeed.

 

Of course, I let them know my opinion too. “She’s definitely skilled, although somewhat raw, but that can be solved by practice and correct coaching. For sure she’d fulfill the role of a lead dancer very well.”

 

Then it was YongJae’s turn. He sang FT Island’s Bad Woman, and I had to say that he did an excellent job.

 

His performance left the others all stunned, and impressed me all over, even though I was watching this for the second time.

 

Teddy oppa clapped when this clip was over, and said “If this kid debuts, I’d be honored to have him in my studio.” Noticing our mildly shocked faces, he said “What? He’s definitely talented.”

 

Se7en oppa nodded, showing how he agreed too. “The only possible problem I see, is that he might not keep working as hard, since his voice is already very strong.” He looked at me, smiled, and added “You’ll have to show him how even the talented have to keep working. You should know about that.”

 

I grinned back at him, and replied cheekily “No problem at all. I was taught the same thing by others too.” Se7en oppa laughed, knowing I was referring to him and how he scolded me during my trainee time.

 

The guys all whistled when Haneul’s video started to play, even the other Big Bang members, who had joined us too. I glared at them, and they just shrugged. I guess idols are still men after all.

 

She sang Making a Lover by SS501, which was one of the songs for the soundtrack for Boys Over Flowers, one of the dramas that Ryeowook really enjoys to watch.

 

I thought her voice was quite pleasant, maybe not as husky and powerful as YongJae’s voice, but not bad either.

I rolled my eyes when the guys all started praising her, and just skipped to the next video. In this one, DongYul and Chansun rapped and danced together to two songs, SHINee’s Get Down and Jiyong’s Heartbreaker.

 

We could all see their ability to put on a show, and entertain those who are watching. While their skills might have been as impressive as Hyorin’s dancing ability, their enthusiasm and good team work definitely made up for it.

 

Jiyong was nodding along when his song was playing, and from the shine in his eyes, I could tell that he didn’t hate what he saw.

 

When this video was finished, it was time for the performance that I was most curious about. What will the others think about this one?

 

Minjung’s video started playing, and from the first couple of seconds, you could see how she was completely nervous, fiddling with her shirt and the mike she was holding when the intro of 2AM’s You Wouldn’t Answer My Call.

 

But then she opened , and the others all got struck by her voice, unable to move or say anything. Even though it was clear that her voice wasn’t trained very well yet, the emotion in it was enough to move me. Listening to it for the second time, I was able to focus way better, and when the last notes of the song were playing, I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

 

When I opened my eyes, I could see glinstering tears on the faces of everybody in the room. I quickly grabbed some tissue to wipe my tears away, and my movement made them all recover from their state, and start fixing their appearance.

 

I put the CD back in its cover, and sat back down on the couch, squished between Jiyong and Seungri, who immediately made themselves comfortable when I was in my place.

 

I then opened the discussion. “So, what did you guys think?”

 

Se7en oppa was the first to talk. “The last one was just amazing, and completely unexpected. It felt like listening to an angel from heaven.”

 

Seungri nodded. “She seemed really nervous at the beginning, but once she started singing, everything else faded and I could only focus on her voice.” He then winked. “Noona, is she single?” I hit his arm and then he only grumbled “I was just asking.”

 

“So, do you guys think that they have enough ability for me to succeed with them?”

 

Taeyang smiled his eye-smile at me. “Definitely noona, definitely.”