24: Cover Girl

Runway Man Hater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Cover Girl

Receiving a bad news on her recovery just made her feel injured all over again. It was already bad that she felt pain for a period of time. But now, she had another period to suffer again ─ emotionally.

Though a week had passed after that revelation, she still cannot put herself up. She wanted to be the cover girl. Modelling was her dream. But after some sort of accident, all her dreams were washed away. She checked the calendar and saw one date encircled. It was her supposed “day”, her cover girl day.

And on that same day, she received a phone call. The caller ID presented Suho’s name. Isn’t it ironic how he called her on the day she was supposed to be living up her dreams? But then there goes Suho calling her as if nothing happened. She had stored anger towards him in her chest, but that didn’t stop her from answering the call.

 “Ara!” Suho exclaimed, sounding so ecstatic. Never thought she would answer his call.

“What do you need?”

“Are you free today?”

“What?”

“I said, are you free today?”

He repeated the question and it still put her to a big shock of disbelief. After all what happened, he still had the guts to ask her out. Although he really hasn’t asked her out, she was certain that’ll be his next question.

She knew he knows about her being kicked from being the cover model. Of course, everyone from the company is informed of the news. Besides, the cover model was always a big shot.

She shook her head, unwilling to start a fight. “Why’d you ask?”

“I’m thinking if you could go out with me ─ or if you don’t want to…”

“What’s the catch Suho?”

He took a deep breath before replying. “I just want to apologize and make it up to you.”

“You know what─ sure.” She flashed a smile although he couldn’t see it. But for a thing he could feel her smiling. “I’ll go out with you.”

▲▲▲

Ara opened her door and revealed a smiling Suho. He was rubbing the back of his neck. It made him look shy, perhaps he really was. She felt his sincerity and gave him a small smile after going out the house.

They were walking along the streets. Shops aligned on both sides of it. They were no cheap ones, but designer clothes. Her eyes sparkled at the sight, but she tried to focus on the person next to her.

“Let’s go over there.” Suho pointed at a boutique. He placed both his hands on each side of her shoulder and pushed her there.

“Let’s buy you a dress to wear later on our dinner date. I’m paying.”

“But isn’t my outfit enough for dinner?”

“It is. But I just want to make it up for you. Remember?”

“You honestly don’t have to.”

“It’s okay. Try this on.” He gave her a dress and dragged her to the fitting room.

It was a white dress, above knee in length and it was almost similar to a wedding dress. At least that’s what she thought of. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. There was no doubt, it was beautiful. Really enchanting. Suho got some tastes in clothes, she thought.

▲▲▲

She started to doubt all these nice gestures of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter