22: Forest

Runway Man Hater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Forest

“Suho again?” Yoonjo made a lucky guess. She presumed it came from him because of his repeated comings that annoyed Ara.

“Nope,” she held onto the teddy bear and placed it beside her pillow. “It’s from Chanyeol.”

She stared at the note and recognized that handwriting pretty well. Besides, Suho was not the type to write notes. He’d always approach her and talk. He was more of the oral type rather than the written one. While Chanyeol, he was a mixture of both.

No wonder Ara kept it with her. If it was from Suho, she’d probably leave it outside or throw it away.

Little did Ara know, Chanyeol was watching her from his hiding place when she took the bear. A smile managed to creep on his face when she brought it inside with her.

 

▲▲▲

 

During the last day of their outdoor activity, they had their last game. For the mechanics, they were supposed to follow the directions handed to them and look for specific items inside the forest. Each pair would have a different starting point and they would need to collect the color of the flags assigned to them.

Suho and Ara weren’t working well during their previous activities and would often result to failures. This time they would need to hand each other their trusts in order to survive the perils the forest might bring.

 

“Got it!” Suho yelled from the branch of a tree, waving the flag he got. He jumped down from it as it was not that high enough to break his bones.

Ara waited from the bottom with crossed arms. As soon as Suho’s feet landed on the ground, she scoffed and nodded her head to the side. “Let’s get the next one.”

He watched her back as she walked further. He knew she still did not want to speak with him but due to the task given to them, communicating was mandatory. Although it may seem unlike it, he was feeling sorry. Every time flashbacks of the past haunt his thoughts, his mood would change to regret.

He sighed and jogged after her. From the looks of his actions, it was clear how willing he was to make up things with her.

When Ara almost tripped from an unnoticeable lump formed by roots of the trees, Suho ran to hold her arm.

“Are you okay?”

She nodded and stood herself firmly. For quite a while, she noticed his hand that lingered its touch on her arm, slowly she removed it. He felt her uneasiness that he quickly took it off as well.

At least from that simple action of her, she managed to be polite. Though tons of loathings were already locked in her heart, she still has a space for kindness. It was never too late to change for the better. For as long as a person is living, he or she could change.

More than hours have passed and they were st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter