15: Movies

Runway Man Hater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲Movies

Frozen, Ara was frozen when he wrapped his arms around her, giving her a back hug. His whisper, his words and his warm embrace sent an unexplainable feeling in her body. It was like electricity had jolted her.

This feeling was peculiar to her. She never felt it before, not even to her ex. This feeling was new to her.

Right now, she was in a deep recollection while she was sitting on her rotating chair, her arms rested on top of the open book on the table.

 Late reflections kept piling her, realizing what she had done earlier – she was being nice to Chen, her seatmate. To make a big deal out of it, he was a guy. Although nice comes in different forms. She was not necessarily mean to people but she always had this barrier set in between her and men.

 Hate. It comes out strong if you say it. The hate in men grew in her, recalling the past times she suffered.

But Chanyeol was a different story.

He was different in a whole picture.

To Ara, he was a walking ray of sunshine rather than a hateful bubble she’d want to pop any time.

Her hand slowly made its way to hold her chest.

“Chanyeol, what did you do to me?” She asked.

She shook her head then held onto her pen, writing down a note on a post-it again. Post-it-writing had become a habit of hers. She loved the colourful sheets of sticky paper and posting them around when she needed a reminder.

Park Chanyeol :)

She smiled softly.  But the momentum was cut short when a thud was produced as soon as a hard object hit her window, at least not hard enough to break it.  Ara flinched at the impact. Instinctively, she grabbed her perfume to use as a defence to whoever that burglar could be. Although the perfume was not a very efficient tool for defence, it would still prevent the bad guy from harming her if she managed to spray him in the eye. Shaking it, she approached the window; she opened it and was startled by Chanyeol.

“Good gracious, Chanyeol, what are you doing here?”

“I came to visit you.” He smiled, the usual smile he sticks out whenever he sees her. It was as if he was innocent and visiting her was just a part of his daily routine.

“Didn’t I tell you I have homework to do?”

Her voice – it was raised up again. She’s back to being her normal self; she’s back to being Ara. And Chanyeol liked that. The best part about her sullen behavior was that he feels that she’s back to being comfortable with him again. He’d rather be treated grumpily than be awkward around her.

He grinned, purposely annoying her. “You did.” He pursed his lips into a thin line as he nodded. “But I got bored again so I visited you.”

She sighed and let him enter. Chanyeol sat on the floor and played with the tennis ball he saw on the floor, letting it bounce repeatedly.

Ara noticed the note she wrote earlier and quickly hid it, crumpling it in her hand.

“What do you do at home that you’re often bored?”  She asked.

“I don’t know…I guess wait for the next day to come.”

“Well, that’s really boring. I mean waiting, seriously?”

“I know but the next day is usually better, particularly the mornings. It’s only lonely at night.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter