19: Trust

Runway Man Hater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

▲ Trust

His reflection on the mirror remained still for the past sixteen minutes he stood in front of it. Both of his hands clutched each side of the bathroom’s sink, earning weight from his body which leaned forward.

There was no doubt that Chanyeol was in deep contemplation. To be more specific, he was thinking of Suho’s words before he left him with a heavy load of information. Information which caught him to think twice of his feelings for this girl.

With a blink of an eye, he was brought back to reality.

“I need to clear my thoughts.”

He went out of the bathroom with his hair still wet as he had just finished taking his evening shower. At the sight of his phone, he grabbed it and pressed speed dial, calling Ara.

“Hello?”

“Ara! Let’s meet up tomorrow.”

He ended the call right after he said that.

To call her and abruptly end the conversation definitely put Ara into doubt. Did she do something wrong? What was he up to? The only answer to that is to go there and meet him.

 

▲▲▲

 

She shifted from left to right of her bed, couldn’t get some decent sleep after her thoughts were kept bugged by Chanyeol’s unusual behavior back then.

Her eyes opened and she blinked. “Why do I get this feeling that something bad will happen?”

She sighed, shaking the unwanted thought. She looked at her table as she lied on her bed. It was neat and well-organized but her eyes were caught by a crumpled paper which seems to dishevel the organized desk.

She got up from her bed and slowly walked towards it. Sitting on her chair, she her lamp. She brushed her hair back and her hands found their way to hold the crumpled paper. She straightened it although creases were still formed. It revealed words, writings which she made when she was in a state of confusion between her thoughts and emotions.

It was during the time when she asked him to accompany her until she falls asleep, when she realized her true feelings for him. When she always thought he annoys him and destroys her day every day, it was the exact opposite of it. Chanyeol was the source of her happiness. When everyone will leave her for her bratty attitude, Chanyeol stayed and did his best to keep up with her.

No wonder she trusted him so easily and let him in her house. No wonder she was comfortable around him. No wonder asked him to stay until she falls asleep. It wasn’t because she doesn’t see him as a guy but because she was sincerely in love with him.

Before time continued to lapse, she posted the paper onto her corkboard. She turned off the lamp and headed back to her bed, covering herself with her blanket. There on the corkboard, the note’s message was displayed. It stated, ‘I am in love with Park Chanyeol’.

 

▲▲▲

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter