Crescendo by Emilieee

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ。 — busy!
crescendo by emilieee
title [5/5]
Just by glancing at the title, I think it's a good title. A great title, even. After reading it, I think it's a pretty ing fantastic title. I like how soft it sounds (that's probably a weird way of wording it, honestly...) and it just overall fits the story nicely. 


description/foreword [10/10]
Y'know, at first, when I saw the "playboy" thing I was like 'here we go again' but then I remembered, your stories are always good and I had a feeling the cliche "playboy" aspect wasn't going to play much role. In fact, I like what you did with it in the story, but I'll save that for the plot talk. I love the description though. Like "Through practicing pieces together, through chats over cups of coffee, she realizes that they key to healing isn't forgetting. It's healing together," this. THIS. That was so beautifully worded, I want to scream because I'm soft. Overall, the description describes the story beautifully and I loved everything about it.


plot [50/50]
When starting to read, I lowkey forgot I had to review this. I read the whole thing before thinking about the review--the plot was done nicely. When I saw the warning on the second chapter, I got a little 'oh', to say the least, but read it anyways. I love the story of Soyoung and her path to recovery. The way her and Baekhyun start out, the way they start getting closer, to the point where he is confessing to her. Seulgi and Wendy as her bestfriends. The scene with her stepfather, when the two girls intervened. It's sad to think that this is a real thing that happens in real life sometimes and the way you wrote it was beautiful. I loved the way she pushed everyone away as a defense mechanism, because I relate to that so damn well, and the way she slowly accepts that she cannot do it alone. That her friends, and boyfriend, would be there for her. When I was reading, I felt so into the story, and that's what a good plotted story can do. Everything was woven together so nicely and you really just get lost in it.


writing style/flow [20/20]
Perfect, honestly. The word usage, the grammar, it was all flawless. You set the mood of the story with your writing and, at times, you could seemingly put yourself into the character's shoes. Not going to lie, I was feeling a little anxious during the confrontation with her stepfather. Good writing can really drag you into a world, and I was dragged into this one albeit temporarily. 

As for the flow of the story, that was nice too. You didn't linger on certain parts too long and you knew exactly when to move on to the next thing or scene. When a scene was over, you moved on to another scene and didn't try to keep it going. Like parts with Baekhyun and Soyoung. He would leave because the conversation was over or he didn't want to let his frustration get the better of him. I liked that.


characterization [10/10]
Soyoung, we'll start with her. I liked her character. There's nothing too cliche about her and she seems fairly realistic. She's afraid and has her insecurities because of the household she grew up in, which wasn't a good one. She wasn't used to having people around her, but she grew into a different person with the help of the people around her.
Baekhyun, his character was good too. I like how you gave some explanation to why he was seen as a playboy, it really gives some insight to what his family is like and where he came from. He's sweet, caring, and very understanding towards Soyoung, even though he was rude to her at first. I think you created a good relationship for these two.

personal enjoyment [5/5]
Okay, before I talk about the story can I just say PREACH? I read the reason on why you wrote the story and how people can sometimes romanticize these issues and girl, you are RIGHT. I've seen so many fanfics about people falling in love with their rapists and it's the most disturbing thing ever, especially since the person is 99.9% definitely not a victim and you can tell. Honestly, this story was perfectly written and sure, there's some heavy topics in it but you did it in a way that was appropriate.

Though honestly, I think this is the third(?) fanfic I've reviewed of yours and they're always so ing good that I just. JHGJFKJHGJ. This one might be my favorite though, not going to lie. Keep doing what you're doing honestly, you've got a talent for writing. I'm lowkey your fan at this point, I think. HAHA. Thank you for requesting me to read another great story. ♥ You make it hard for me to criticize your work HAHA.

total of [100/100]
others: honestly, it deserves an 100.