The Bad Boy's Whiplash by Lilymay99

VᴇʀꜱᴀEᴍᴇʀɢᴇ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ꜱʜᴏᴘ。 — busy!
The Bad boy's whiplash
title [4/5]
Well, the first thing I noticed about the title was that it's a combination of a RV and NCT song which, in long term, makes sense considering the characters. Regarding the title itself, I suppose it does fit considering the concept of the story and the mature aspect to it. There's really nothing wrong with the title.


description/foreword [5/10]
The description immediately jumps out as cliche, I've seen these kind of stories and have read/reviewed these types of stories very often over the 5 years I've been doing this. Specifically "Jung Jaehyun was the campus womanizer who had a different girl on his bed every week", like this concept is well overused and, sure, there's probably boys in college, I get that, but the concept is just kind of bland to me. I've read it so many times that nothing really surprises me anymore. If I was looking for a fanfic to read, I probably would have backed out of this one. But, for some reason, these types of fanfics are quite popular on this website so this is just the sayings of one reviewer. Plus, this is just the description. I try to never judge books by the cover. Never know what's inside!


plot [44/50]
Like I said above, this kind of plot is pretty easy to decode. What makes it different from other ones is how it's written. And, if you want me to be honest, this one is written pretty well. The plot is pretty apparent and was since the beginning. Yeri was obviously going to get attached, it always works that way. Jaehyun was going to as well, but he was going to cut it off. I've seen this song and dance a little too much at this point so, of course, the plot isn't the most original thing. But, the wiritng is what makes each story different from another usually. Unless the stories are that similar, then there's not much to say about that. I mean, I read and reviewed a story about friends with benefits awhile ago, different story yet same concept. So yes, the story wasn't 100% unique, but the plot is fairly clear and interesting enough and it kept my attention. I actually read all 9 chapters, wasn't really paying attention and just got kind of caught reading. This also lowkey made me want to get a bob cut. OOF.

Anyways, the plot is pretty good overall. It kept my interest enough. While I wasn't really interested in some of the character's relationships that were mentioned, it was still interesting to see all the characters and their roles to the story. I think you know what you're doing on this aspect so I don't needa say much else here.

writing style/flow [19/20]
So I actually only found one typo, which was the word 'oxygen' spelled as 'oxigen' in the first chapter, second line. Other than that, the grammar and spelling was pretty much on point. As for the writing style, I don't have much problem with it. I think there was enough detailed parts to balance out the dialogue, there wasn't too much dialogue with too little detail. So I think you did good on that and, as I said, my interest was kept because of the writing style so, nothing wrong here.

As for the flow, I think the flow works. You change 'scenes' at good times and transition into a new scene fairly well. I wasn't confused reading the story at all, so I'd say your flow is well executed as well.


characterization [9/10]
I won't talk about every single character mentioned but I'll do some of the main ones, or ones that show up more often.

Obviously starting with Yeri, I feel like her base character is pretty typical. I've seen some OC's in stories like her as well (at least from how she was presented in the beginning). She is seemingly a goody-two shoe until she wants to try something new hence meeting Jaehyun. She wants to lose her ity, which at that age isn't uncommon, and she meets Jaehyun. Her life turns into a storm after that pretty much and she falls in love with her FWB partner, Jaehyun. She's trying to forget even though she knew from the start that it wasn't supposed to be more. Pretty typical in the long run.

Then there's Jaehyun, said FWB partner. He's pretty typical in the sense that the male role is closed off, usually doesn't do strings attached, then he meets said girl and feels conflicted. He closes himself off and ignores the girl, making both of them miserable. He tries to sleep with people after her because 'they weren't dating', but it's obvious there's some issues with seeing Yeri with other men (hence the scene with Jungkook). His character isn't the most unique but you made him interesting overall.

Jennie and Rose, the best friends and roommates of Yeri. They show up in the story quite a bit. Obviously Jennie has her own story but I wasn't that into it. Rose is that protective 'mom friend' almost all of us have (eyes my friend Jiho) but sometimes do NOT WANT (but do want even though we deny). Not much else for me to say about these two though, but they do show up quite a bit. Makes sense though since they're close to Yeri and are helping her the best they can.


personal enjoyment [4/5]
The story itself was pretty good and, as I said, kept my attention. I wasn't into any of the ships though. I really don't like the BlackpinkBTS or RVNCT thing, probably never will, but each to their own. I mainly just ignored the ships when reading, made it more enjoyable that way anyways. But pairings aside, I think the story is pretty good. I'm pretty picky with what I read so I kind of surprised myself when I kept reading since the description did make it sound somewhat cliche. Either way, good job, the story is good and I think it can get far.


total of [85/100]
others: Don't forget to credit the review shop and if you have any questions, concerns, or need clarification on my word jumble, please let me know.