Element of Wind

The Sun and The Moon
♡ Chapter 9: The Element of Wind ♡
 
The shadow was no where to be seen.
 
This only meant one thing, this 'shadow' wasn't from earth. Which can only mean that it's from their planet. But what did it want? Tao didn't know whether the shadow was a man or a woman or even human being! But still, he searched endlessly- for Yun Ae. What if the shadow killed her? Time literally stopped around Tao as he searched desperately for Yun Ae. 
 
"Stupid Zi tao, how can you be so careless?" He thought to himself and hit himself on his head,"You said you'd be there for her when she woke up, so that she won't be afraid but look where she is now." 
 
He had no choice but to resume time again. He went to the rest to tell them the regretful news of Yun Ae.
 
"Sorry, I didn't catch the shadow. And he got away with Yun Ae." Tao hung his head low, he didn't dare look at the rest. Tao was already feeling bad enough for losing Yun Ae. 
 
The rest all stared at him with shocked faces. No one dared to speak, but then Chen said,"I don't know why everyone is so scared but there was this voice just now when you left. He told us a riddle."
 
Tao looked at Chen. "What's the riddle?"
 
"Voiceless it cries, 
Wingless flutters, 
Toothless bites 
Mouthless mutters." 
 
Tao concentrated and tried to solve it. The others kept silent and thought hard as well. 
 
"The Wind?" Luhan said.
 
"So, this shadow that took Yun Ae, it's asking us to find the element of wind?" Lay asked.
 
"We don't have much time. God knows what it might do to her." Kai said with concern.
 
"But where do we find the element? The entire country is huge." Kris massaged his temples.
 
"We can start by getting out of this house. All the elements have somehow appeared in front of Yun Ae, we weren't called, we went to her. So, we should just take the chance and go out." Tao's mind was currently exploding. He was so afraid for Yun Ae, and yet he still had to think on how to solve the problem.
 
With that, all the elements set off to look for the remaining elements. There were four elements left, and one sun. Nobody knew where they were or what they looked like, but they were motivated by one source- the Moon. They all had grown close to Yun Ae even though they had only been with her for a short period. She had this sense of perseverance, kindness and loyalty. At this point, only Lay knew she had to die in the end. Lay himself thought it was quite ironic, she had told the only person that could heal her that he can't heal her when she dies. She also made him swear that he wouldn't tell the others. He didn't want to, but he did. 
 
On the other side, while the elements were searching for the rest of the elements, a shadow was lurking amongst the dark corners.
 

 

[ Yun Ae's POV ]

 
My mind was whizzing, it hurt. I woke up in a dark room. It looked run-down, dirty and dusty, this definitely was not Kai's house. I was lying on a hard mattress, there was mould growing on it. I tried to move away from it but i realised that my hands and legs were tied down. I was panicking, what's happening, where am i?
 
"Moon, moon!" I heard a voice whisper to me. I looked around, afraid to see what was calling me. Then, i spotted a man. He had messy brown hair and was wearing a denim shirt that looked ripped and old. 
 
I stared at him, too scared to say anything. "Don't be afraid. I'm here to help you. Now, listen to me closely. The shadow has kidnapped us both. I've been here for 15 years, she took me as a child."
 
The shadow is a woman? 
 
"We need to get out and find the rest of the elements. If you and I don't get back to the planet with them, we'll forever be trapped in this world and the tree of life will never be restored. Worst thing is that the shadow is planning to catch all of the elements and steal their powers. If we don't stop her, she'll become the most powerful person and god knows what chaos she could create."
 
I was extremely confused. Who was this man? Why must he get back to the planet with me? Was he an element? No, if he was how would he know anything about our planet?
 
"I know that you have a lot of questions but i just need you to trust me. We need to work together to get out." The man said. He too, was tied up and was leaning against the wall. 
 
Should I trust him? I could easily get out by myself with Luhan's power but should i even help him? I left that thought for later and quickly untied myself with Telekinesis. The man looked at me, he was shocked.
 
Then I finally decided to say something,"I can't trust you."
 
"What? Wait- you can absorb powers? Oh no, this is bad. You can't let the shadow know, she'll just kill you and take all of your powers. And look, if you want to survive, you have to trust me!" He stared at me and lifted up his tied hands,"Please untie me, then we'll talk." 
 
"How can I trust you when I don't even know your name?" I stepped away from him, I was ready to leave and escape.
 
"Wait!" The man shouted, i turned around to see what he had to say. He lifted up his tied hands together and held them up. Then, he did the most amazing thing ever.
 
His hands were burning with fire. 
 
"You're the sun?" I choked on my breath. He put down his hands, and with that the fire went off too. 
 
"It's been a long time, Moon. I've missed you." He smiled.
 
"What do you mean? This is my first time seeing you." I walked towards him and untied the ropes. 
 
"Oh yes, that's right. I forgot, the shadow removed your memories." He said.
 
My heart dropped. I had memories? I had a life before I met doctor? 
 
"You really don't remember? Remember the time where I brought you to the sea and we watched the stars fall together?" The man held my hand.
 
At his touch, something jolted into my brain. It was a memory, it was faded and vague but it was still there.
 
"Yun Ae ah, if one day we got separated , what would you do?" 
 
A flash of light took over my mind and i felt pain hit me. I clutched my head as i felt the pain jolt through my brain.
 
"Yun Ae! Are you alright?" The sun ran over to me and held me in his arms,"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tried to jolt your memory so fast." The pain quickly went away as he hugged me. I looked up at him, he was really tall. Our faces were extremely close to each other, I felt his breath against my face. 
 
"What's your name?" I asked, not budging from our position.
 
"I shouldn't tell you, it'll be too much to handle. Just call me sun, that'll do." He smiled and leant towards me, was he going to kiss me?
 
I jerked back and crawled out of his arms. "Sorry, I don't remember you." 
 
The sun looked down to the floor,"Sorry Yun Ae, I shouldn't have taken it so far. I just miss you a lot."
 
I was about to apologise for rejecting him but then I heard a sound. The sun quickly pushed me against a wall and told me not to move. His arms were covering my face and I couldn't see anything.
 
All I heard was a voice.
 
"Ah how sweet the sun protecting the moon. But sadly I will have to kill you both soon, when the rest of the elements are captured as well." Her voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. 
 
"I won't let you hurt her." The sun said firmly.
 
"I won't let you protect her." The voice said. Suddenly I felt the sun fall to the ground, i could see. 
 
"Hello, moon. Nice to meet your creator once again isn't it?" she smirked.
 
Doctor?
 
[ Element's POV ]
 
They had searched everywhere, but no element 'magically appeared'.
 
"We've been searching for 3 hours straight, let's rest for awhile." Chen sat down on a nearby bench. 
 
They were exhausted, no doubt. The only person who kept looking was Tao.  
 
He just kept telling himself that he needed to rescue Yun Ae, and that was what kept him going. 
 
Just then, a strong gust of wind blew. All of them held on to each other, trying not to be blown away. (Yes, it was that strong)
 
"Tao! The element of wind must be near." Kris shouted, a sense of happiness appeared on everybody's faces.
 
Tao smiled and nodded. Then, soon the element appeared.
 
He had blonde hair, he was wearing a grey sweater with pastel blue high cut sneakers. He was in a playground, sitting on a swing while looking to the sky. He looked quiet yet intimidating.
 
Tao went up to him and tapped his shoulder lightly. 
 
The element reacted violently, he turned around and held out his hand precariously, backing away.
 
"I'm not here to hurt you. In fact, we really need your help." Tao stood grounded to the spot.
 
"I know who you are and what you're here for. I just went to get my future told, and they told me everything." His eyes darkened, his hands stretched out, and the wind blew stronger.
 
"Who told you that? How did he look like?" Kai teleported towards him.
 
"Kai! You're not supposed to-" Tao glared at Kai, but got interrupted by the element.
 
"I already know about all of your powers. Like I said, the woman told me. And i do not know how she looks like, her face was covered by a black cloak. She told me that I will soon encounter people who possess great power."
 
Tao knew that this woman was the shadow, trying to trick the element. But why didn't it want to kill them or at least do damage to them? 
 
"Did she tell you anything else?" Tao asked.
 
"Why should I tell you." The element glared at him.
 
"Alright, i won't ask anymore. But at least tell me your name." Tao reasoned.
 
"Oh Sehun. I heard from the woman that you need help from me. And you-you guys are the same as me- abnormal." Sehun's voice was trembling. He wanted to put up a brave front so that they won't take advantage of him.
 
"So, you're actually nice." Kai went up to him and put his hand on his head.
 
Sehun grabbed Kai's hand and pushed it away. A gust of wind blew Kai back.
 
"Yes, but don't mess with me." Sehun's eyes were on fire.
 
"Whoa, just trying to be friendly." Kai held his hands up.
 
"Sorry, i don't really have any friends." Sehun looked to floor, he didn't know how to react to someone complimenting him or even being friendly to him as everyone in his life had been an to him.
 
Just then a thought came to Tao's mind, why was the shadow helping them to gather together? Wasn't the shadow evil and was trying to separate them, to prevent them from restoring the tree of life? Tao was extremely confused, but he told himself that his job now was to find all of the elements along with the others.
 
"Well, welcome to the gang Oh Sehun. We're your friends now." He smiled at Sehun and pat his back. Sehun didn't smile back or say anything but inside, he was feeling better than ever.
 
A thought came to Tao's mind once again,"I wonder how Yun Ae is." He yawned, and with that their search begun again.
 
Yun Ae was definitely not fine. She was in fact utterly confused, betrayed and depressed. Doctor, the person she trusted with her life, her creator, was the one trying to destroy her?
 
"Didn't think it would be me right? And to think you believed that huge lie that i created you, and from the moon even!" The shadow laughed,"I removed your memories fool! I took away your present life and replaced it with a new life! It was a really clever idea indeed. You were perfect, a puppet to gather all those stupid elements together. To gather them, for me to steal their powers. Only then will i become the most powerful sorcerer on earth, and in space!" The shadow smirked and laughed.
 
I clutched my head in pain. I had a present life, the sun wasn't lying. Doctor tricked me, she lied to me. 
 
"Everything happens for a reason. Remember that? What i told you before you left for earth." The dimple from her smile disappeared as it was replaced with an murderous look."What I meant was, everything happens because I meant for it to happen."
 
I felt useless, as if Doctor had used me to get all of the elements. But i knew now that I had to get out of here with the sun and escape back to our planet before all of the elements reunite on earth. If the shadow caught us, we would be in trouble. She would steal all of our powers and create chaos.
 
But how was I going to escape from here?
 
A/N: Sehun and even Chanyeol, the sun, has appeared! Looks like Yun Ae had a certain past with Chanyeol. Omg plot twist, the Shadow is Doctor! How is Yun Ae going to escape? Will the group find the rest of the elements? Will the doctor be successful in stealing their powers? And how was Yun Ae going to get her memories back, and where were they anyway?