Element of Healing

The Sun and The Moon

♡ Chapter 2: The Element of Healing ♡
 
I was falling into earth. I felt the pressure under me, and soon everything went black.
 
"Excuse me, miss?" 
 
What came to sight- a man.
 
I have found the first element, but which one was he? With such a great fall onto earth, I would have died. Doctor always told me,"Everything happens for a reason.". Then he must be- 
 
My thoughts were interrupted by the man, he had gentle eyes and blonde hair. He was wearing a ragged purple hoodie and a pair of old headphones hung around his neck.
 
"Are-are you alright? You were walking and accidentally fell down, then you passed out." The element was obviously lying. I knew exactly where i came from and what I was sent to accomplish.
 
"Element, it's not good to lie. Now tell me what kind of power do you posses?" I stood up and stared at him with eyes sharp as a dagger's blade.
 
"Who are you?" The element was shocked,"Why did you call me element? And w-what power?" He took a step back and stared at me with a bewildered expression.
 
I knew he wouldn't believe me if I told him that I came from another planet and I was sent to bring him back, so i thought of an idea. Squatting down swiftly, I spotted a small piece of cracked glass. I picked it up and cut it deep into my skin. Yes, it did hurt and the pain was unbearable but that was the only way to confirm his power. The element started to panic.
 
"What are you doing? Give that piece of glass to me! We need to get you to a doctor, you could get an infection!" The element grabbed my hand but I refused to budge.
 
"Heal me. I know you can, you brought me back to life just now, didn't you?" I smirked at him.
 
"W-what are you saying! I don't have any powers and I did not bring you back to life! I'm just an ordinary-" the element was pacing back and forth, panicking even more.
 
"Heal me!" I cut deeper into my skin. I cringed my face as I felt the glass penetrate my flesh.
 
"Please stop it!" He grabbed his hair and clenched his fists as he helplessly watched blood drip from my hands.
 
"You can heal me! I know you can!" I was begging him, any deeper and I would faint.
 
"Okay! Just stop please!" The element quickly ran forward and touched my wound. There was a slight pinch on my hand as i felt a ray of warmth caressing my arm. He removed his hand and looked at me as if he could have killed me there and then.
 
"I'm sorry. I had to do it, you wouldn't have believed me." I touched my skin, there was no wound, or cut, neither was there a single drop of blood. It was quite amazing, even though I already knew that he could heal.
 
The element stared harder at me, furrowing his eyebrows. "Who the hell are you? And what do you want with me?" I could sense the anger hidden in his voice.
 
"I'm sorry for forcing you. I swear, I'm here to help you. I know this is going to be hard to be believe, but I come from another planet." I took a step closer to him.
 
He just stared at me with a blank expression.
 
"And so do you." I went a step closer again.
 
"Look, whoever you are. I don't need any freaking help, please don't ever look for me again." The element turned around swiftly and stomped off.
 
"Wait!" I stopped him. He slowly turned around and stared at me, "There are others. Others who are exactly like you, they don't belong in this planet. You don't belong here either." I persuaded him,"So please I need you to come with me and help me find them." 
 
"What do you mean? Why must you find them?" He looked at me with a puzzled expression.
 
"There were 11 elements, who were protecting the tree of life in my world, 20 years ago. Along with the sun, the element of fire, they create the most powerful energy source anyone could think of. The tree of life kept everything in my world safe and sound. But, there was a man who wanted to destroy it, and he did. We call him shadow, no one knows how he looks or sounds. The only thing we knew was that he had escaped, leaving our world in ruins. Legend tells the tale of the elements and sun being sent to another universe, and that was earth. 20 years later, in the present year, I was created from a fragment of the moon to come down to earth. My mission? To find every element and to reunite them in our world." I took a deep breath and explained to him. At first, he looked doubtful but he slowly became trusting towards my words. 
 
"Wait, that means- you will have to die in the end?" The element asked, staring at the ground. He looked slightly shaken and shocked.
 
"Yes. Before the next eclipse occurs, i will have to die. What was taken away must be given back, right?" I smiled. 
 
I wasn't afraid to die. 
 
I wasn't.
 
I hope.
 
"That means we would only have less than a month to find 11 more people, in this huge planet? How would I know that you're not lying?" He was doubting me.
 
"You'll just have to trust me then." I smiled at him.
 
"Alright. I'll give this a chance, but if you're lying, there will be severe consequences." He stared at me with an expression that gave me a weird feeling i have never felt before.
 
I felt fear.
 
"Since we're going to spend quite a lot of time together, we have to get to know each other a little. I'll start, my name is Yixing. And you?" He extended his hand out, somehow i couldn't remember what i was supposed to do.
 
"Um. My name is Min Yun Ae, or Moon." I introduced myself but continued staring at his hand, not knowing what to do.
 
He laughed and took my hand. "You have to put your hand on mine and shake it." He looked at me and smiled,"Get it?"
 
"Ohh, yeah!" I found this quite interesting, according to my deduction- this was called a handshake. I performed this 'handshake' and shook Yixing's hand.
 
He chuckled,"You definitely come from another planet." Yixing looked at me with a gentle look. His expression was completely different from awhile ago.
 
Suddenly, i heard a weird sound coming from my stomach. What is this feeling?
 
Yixing laughed again,"I think you're hungry and you don't know. Come on let's go eat something. I know this really good restaurant nearby." He took my hand and started walking. 
 
"Hungry. Does that mean I need food?" I asked.
 
He laughed again, this time louder. "Yes, of course!" It seemed like he found this situation very amusing. I didn't, this sound from my stomach was very annoying.
 
"You'll like the restaurant. They sell really delicious samgyeopsal and dukbo-" yixing explained. I walked ahead, not looking at him.
 
Why did he stop talking? Everything around me seemed to have stopped.
 
"Yixing?" I turned around, he wasn't moving.
 
I ran up to him and waved my hands infront of his face. "Yixing? Yixing!" I screamed, i was afraid.
 
"Are you even from this planet?" I heard a sly voice from behind me. I turned around quickly and saw a man with slightly pinkish hair, he was wearing expensive clothes and accessories.
 
Everything happens for a reason. It was the second element.
 
 
☒✍ edited 6/09/13