Element of Ice

The Sun and The Moon

♡ Chapter 5: The Element of Ice ♡
 
The frost was taking over the entire street. In no time, i found myself rubbing my hands together trying to find warmth. 
 
Suddenly, we heard a high-pitched scream and then a man came running wildly out of the house. He looked frightened, very frightened. 
 
"You!" The man spotted us and pointed directly at me.
 
"M-me?" My voice was shaking in fear.
 
He ran towards me and grabbed me,"I did this. I-I froze the entire place. H-how is this happening? Tell me!" He shook me vigorously, demanding for an answer. 
 
"Calm down sir. I can help, just-" i tried to reason with him.
 
"There's no use. I-I don't want to live anymore. I've killed my parents, girlfriend and the entire freaking neighbourhood! I'm a monster." He started to lose control and started screaming.
 
"Hey! Please calm down and let go of her!" Yixing shouted. The three of them were standing a distance away, afraid that he would recklessly do something. To be honest, i was terribly afraid that he would kill me.
 
"Sir, I'm very sorry that this is happening but please let go of me first. We can help you." I calmly said to him. (I was screaming inside.) 
 
"No one can help me!" He screamed and i felt his fingernails dug into my skin.
 
I screamed in agony as i felt the frost spread to my veins. "Please- stop!" I fell to my knees.
 
"You !" Tao shouted and stopped time. 
 
I felt everyone around me freeze, except for Tao, who ran forward to help me up.
 
"It's okay, it's gonna be alright. Hang in there okay? I-I'll just carry you to Yixing and-and-" Tao was stuttering, he looked nervous.
 
"Tao, I'm alright. Relax." I smiled weakly and said. I was feeling dizzy, weak and cold. The world was spinning around me, my head was throbbing. 
 
"Tao- I can't-" 
 
Everything went black.
 
 
 
 
I woke up in a house and saw Yixing sitting next to me. Tao was pacing up and down massaging his temples and Kai was sitting on a sofa staring hard at me. 
 
"She's awake!" Yixing jumped up and said.
 
"What happened?" I still had a huge headache and could still feel the throbbing.
 
"The frost got to you and you fainted." Kai said calmly. 
 
"How can you be so calm! She could have freaking died you heartless person!" Tao shouted angrily at Kai.
 
"Tao. I'm fine." I reassured him.
 
"It's all that idiotic element's fault! If we didn't need him that much to restore the tree of life, I would have left him on the side road." Tao banged his fists on the wall and exploded into a fit.
 
"Tao, it's not his fault. He doesn't know what he's doing. He just found out about his power, maybe he can't control it well yet." Yixing looked at Tao with a worried expression.
 
"Ugh whatever. I'm going to bed. Yun Ae, get some rest." Tao grunted and stomped off.
 
"Tao was really angry." Kai said as soon as he left.
 
"And really worried about you." Yixing added. 
 
He was worried?
 
"He nearly killed the element." Kai said again.
 
That must have been really scary, an angry Tao.
 
"Oh and his name is Xiumin, we managed to get his name only. Apparently, he just found out about his power of ice and accidentally froze everyone to death. If Tao hadn't stopped time, you would have been frozen to death along with everyone else. We explained everything about our powers and what you're here to do already, I think he wants to join us. He's in the bedroom, calming himself down." Kai explained the situation to me.
 
I nodded my head slightly. I hope Xiumin is alright, it must have been really shocking and heartbreaking to watch your loved ones die in your own hands. Maybe I should go talk to him.
 
"Oh and Yun Ae, I know you would want to comfort him at this point of time but you should wait for him to calm down before doing anything. We don't want you to get hurt again, do we?" Yixing pat my head lightly and smiled.
 
"Thanks guys, for helping me." I smiled back.
 
I heard the sound of a door opening. Xiumin walked out of the room slowly and stood in front of me. I quickly sat up and smiled at him, "Hello, I'm Yun Ae. Are you better now?" I asked.
 
"W-why aren't you angry?" He asked softly,"I mean, I tried to kill you." 
 
"Well, because you didn't know what you were doing and everyone deserves a second chance, don't they?" I smiled.
 
"Thank you. And I want to help you and return to our rightful planet." He smiled.
 
"Thank you, for understanding." I pat his back lightly.
 
I yawned loudly and stretched out my arms. "Sorry guys, I'm a little sleepy. Where is the bedroom?" 
 
"I only have 2 bedrooms so i guess i can share the room with Tao and Xiumin and Yun Ae you can sleep in the other bedroom." Kai told us politely.
 
"I don't think Tao wants to share a room with me. What if he kills me in my sleep?" Xiumin weakly asked. He seemed really shaken by everything that was happening, poor boy.
 
"Okay then you can sleep on the couch." Kai pat the couch and Xiumin nodded his head to thank him.
 
"Well good night guys." I got up and walked to the bedroom. Which door was mine? I stood between two doors and opened one, Tao was inside.
 
"Oh sorry, wrong room." I was about to close the door when I saw Tao- crying?
 
"Tao? Are you alright?" I entered the room and sat beside him.
 
"Please go away, I don't want you to see me like this." He turned his back towards me.
 
"Hey it's alright. Tell me what's wrong?" I gently pushed him to face me. He looked really lost and broken. His eyes were swollen red and his hair was really messy.
 
"That new guy Xiumin said he killed all of his family members right? Something like that happened to me too." He broke down again and hugged me.
 
I pat his back lightly,"It's okay, everything's alright." 
 
"When I first got my powers, I was 14. Everything around me stopped, and I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know how to put things back as it was. At first, I freaked out. And i-i couldn't resume time again for freaking 2 years. When time continued again, I was overjoyed. But I had grown so much during that period, my parents didn't recognise me. They didn't let me into their house nor did they talk to me ever again. So i spent my entire life stealing food, clothes and things i needed with my power because I had no money." Tao finished explaining, he had calmed down but his eyes still were red. 
 
"So you're not really angry at Xiumin, but you're sympathising with him? And because you are, you're angry at yourself because of your past?" I smiled at him,"It's alright now Tao, everything's back in order. You'll be back to your rightful world soon."
 
"Thank you, it means a lot. I think I need to tell you something." His face fell dark,"Recently, I can feel a bad aura around us, almost like a shadow following us around." 
 
Shadow? 
 
A/N: Hello! Back with another update! Oh and a subbie pointed out that I placed Luhan's powers wrongly so I have changed it! ^^ Thank you to that subbie who told me! Hope you like this chapter. 
 
☒✍ edited 6/09/13
 
 
   
 
 
 
( feel free to send me a friend request ouo )