Element of Time

The Sun and The Moon

♡ Chapter 3: The Element of Time ♡
 
Why did he stop talking? Everything around me seemed to have stopped.
 
"Yixing?" I turned around, he wasn't moving.
 
I ran up to him and waved my hands infront of his face. "Yixing? Yixing!" I screamed, i was afraid.
 
"Are you even from this planet?" I heard a sly voice from behind me. I turned around quickly and saw a man with slightly pinkish hair, he was wearing expensive clothes and accessories.
 
I stared at him for second then understood, everything happens for a reason. He was the second element. 
 
"You can control time." I bravely announced, staring at him.
 
"Oh, you're quite fast pretty face." He walked closer to me,"But sadly, this face  is fake. You don't belong here." He came so close i could feel his breath on my face. He caressed my face, i jerked back.
 
"Where do you come from, I'm really curious." He chuckled and smirked. 
 
"You're right, i do come from another planet." I admitted.
 
"Of course! Why would my powers not work on someone? The only reason is that that person does- not- belong here." He took two steps towards me, jerking in between each.
 
"Element, please don't do this. I need you to follow me back to my world. You don't belong here either. Your power was given to you to protect the tree of life, not anything else." I pleaded with him. I was sweating cold sweat because I was so terrified.
 
"Hmm, alright. That sounds fun, but will you accept a challenge from me first?" The man smirked.
 
I was uncertain about how dangerous or safe this was going to be but it was the only chance at getting him to come with me.
 
"Okay." I agreed to the challenge.
 
"Good choice. This is going to be fun."
He gave a wicked smile. Then, suddenly he whipped out a dagger and held it against yixing's neck. 
 
"What-what are you doing?" I screamed in shock. 
 
"Are you faster than time?" He smirked.
 
My heart started to beat faster than ever, if one element was missing, the tree of life will never work again. I needed to stop him- but how? I was panicking and sweating cold sweat, staring solely on the element and yixing.
 
In my mind I unknowing began to chant, 'Stop. Stop. Stop now!' I was screaming in my head. 
 
And suddenly-
 
Time stopped.
 
The element was still holding the dagger against Yixing's neck but his gaze was fixed at one position, not moving.
 
I was shocked, amazed and curious at the same time. How- how did I stop time? 
 
I quickly walked towards Yixing, grabbed the dagger out of the element's grasp and threw it somewhere far away.
 
I chanted in my head once again, this time controlling it, 'Resume.' 
 
When time started again, Yixing jerked back in shock when a man appeared in front of him. The element was bewildered, and honestly so was I.
 
"How-how did you do that?" The element gasped, he took a step back and stared at me.
 
"Can somebody tell me what's going on?" Yixing looked at me, looking confused and lost.
 
"He's another element, time control in my opinion." I explained, still shaken by my sudden power.
 
Then it hit me- i can absorb powers? Just like how the moon reflects the sun's light? That means I should be able to heal myself. I looked at the dagger i threw away and ran to take it. I took it, slid it across my skin, and thought very hard while trying to ignore the pain. I closed my eyes, "Heal. Heal. Heal." I chanted in my head, placing all my concentration on my wound. I opened my eyes, the pain was gone and the wound was healed. My jaw dropped.
 
Yixing's jaw dropped and the element's eyes nearly popped out. "You can absorb anyone's powers?!" Yixing screamed and asked.
 
"I just found out too." I honestly admitted.
 
We stayed silent for a few minutes, trying to let the news sink in.
 
"So, you're telling the truth." The element broke the silence and said softly, "Name's Tao. I'm expecting epic things." He smiled genuinely.
 
I smiled back, two elements down, nine more to go and- one sun. 
 
"I'm Yun Ae. We were going to eat dinner, want to follow?" I smiled and asked.
 
"Yeah sure." Tao walked forward.
 
We left Yixing feeling more puzzled than ever. Whenever he asked, Tao and I just looked at each other and smiled.
 
A/N: Hurlo! OuO Another update! ^^ Hope you like the story so far. Please leave a comment and vote if you did! No silent readers please! And please subscribe so that you won't miss any updates! 
 
☒✍ edited 6/09/13
 
P.S: To make it fun, guess who will be the next element to show up ^^ 
 
 
 
(Elements so far ^^)