Element of Light

The Sun and The Moon
♡ Chapter 11: The Element of Light ♡
 
The house fell to the ground in seconds. The evil laughter of the shadow could be heard as it disappeared immediately after causing it's havoc.
 
Kyungsoo stared blankly at the house then suddenly rushed forward and rummaged through the broken pieces of the house.
 
"What are you looking for?" Yun Ae asked.
 
Kyungsoo turned around, with tears in his eyes,"My parents were still in the house!" 
 
Everyone's faces were pale white, with a hit that hard, they wouldn't have survived.
 
Kyungsoo dragged the body of his parents out, crying more than ever. His parents were the only friends and people he had; but they're gone now.
 
"I can try to heal them." Lay offered.
 
"You can't, the shadow murdered them with it's demonic powers. It's not a physical wound that you can heal." Yun Ae said quietly.
 
Kyungsoo mourned infront of his parents and buried them in front of their destroyed house, placing flowers around them. He then stood up with the expression of a devil,"I'll kill it, that damned shadow. I don't care if it isn't from this world, I'll kill it!" He clenched his fists.
 
"I'm sorry for your lost, but we have to find the element of light first. With all 11 elements, you can form the tree of life and return to our world, that way the shadow will be defeated." Yun Ae said.
 
"Let's go find that element of light." Kyungsoo stomped away, the cheerful person from before had rapidly disappeared.
 
Everyone followed silently, afraid to say anything.
 
"Where are we headed?" Sehun asked.
 
"Out of the forest, and to the circus." Kyungsoo replied.
 
"The circus?" Sehun wondered.
 
"I think the element of light is there." 
 
The circus was deserted, they could hear the rustling of leaves from a distance.
 
Kyungsoo's eyes became deadly,"My parents once told me about an old enemy, he owned this circus. His name is Byun Yoosuk, he cut down the trees in our forest for his own selfish needs. His son is named Byun Baekhyun. No one ever comes here anymore, because of an incident that occurred a year ago." 
 
"What incident?" Yun Ae asked. 
 
"According to my parents, Baekhyun was in the room of mirrors when suddenly there was beam of light that shot out of his heart. Soon, he was covered in so much light that it reflected off the mirrors and burnt holes through many of the visitor's eyes. It was terrible, many died." Kyungsoo's voice was deadly as well.
 
"But he didn't mean it..." Yun Ae tried to defend.
 
"My sister died from that! Why didn't she listen to mother and father, and stayed in the forest? I don't have anyone left! I don't have anyone..." Kyungsoo screamed, the ground was trembling.
 
"Kyungsoo, calm down." Lay said.
 
"I can't!" Kyungsoo fell to the ground and screamed, the ground trembled even more. 
 
From afar, there was a sound of glass shattering. Everyone turned towards the sound.
 
"The mirrors!" Kai shouted and ran towards the sound.
 
Yun Ae looked at Kyungsoo,"We're going to go look for Baekhyun. I know it's hard, but pull yourself together." With that, she ran off with the others.
 
Kyungsoo was left alone, in the open.
 
The floor was filled with shattered glass of the mirrors. Weird designs and patterns were scribbled all over the orange walls. There was a long corridor of darkness, there was a small beam of light at the far end.
 
Everyone felt chills sent down their spines. Tao gulped,"Let's go." Leading the way, he walked somewhat confidently towards the light.
 
"Go away. I know what you're here for." They heard a voice coming from the light at the end.
 
"We mean no harm." Sehun shouted back.
 
"I don't want to harm you! Go away!" The voice replied.
 
"We just want to help." Kris screamed.
 
"I'm a murderer." The voice was trembling.
 
They had finally reached the source of the light, a...lightbulb and a recording system?
 
"What is this?" Yun Ae rushed forward and held the recorder in her hands, then she realised and ran out, leaving the others in confusion.
 
"Shadow! Come out!" Yun Ae screamed. Kyungsoo was gone and so was Baekhyun.
 
"You may be supernaturals, but you're all idiots!" An evil laughter was heard from the skies, then a cloud of black smoke took off.
 
"There are people hidden in the smoke!" Luhan pointed.
 
"The Shadow must have kidnapped Baekhyun beforehand. And Kyungsoo when we left him there." Yun Ae cried,"Without them, we can't go back to our own planet. This is all my fault!" 
 
"No, it's not." Chanyeol smiled and put a hand on her shoulder,"You've tried so hard Yun Ae." 
 
Yun Ae fell silent, then she stood up and said something no one would have expected her to say. 
 
"After we rescue Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, immediately return back to our world. Chanyeol, you know how to get back, lead the others. The Shadow created me, I should be the one to stop her. And I think I know exactly how to do that." Yun Ae firmly said.
 
"What do you mean? She'll kill you!" Chanyeol screamed in protest.
 
"No, she won't. She knows that I can absorb your powers, so she's only aiming for me now." Yun Ae finally revealed.
 
Everybody's faces were of complete shock, she was sacrificing herself for everyone the entire time?
 
Yun Ae left out one important point once again, but this she wasn't even sure of herself, she told herself in her mind,"The Doctor said that she took away my memories and gave me a new life, doesn't that mean she gave me two hearts?" 
 
Everyone kept silent, but seemed to understand Yun Ae.
 
"Let's go then." Yun Ae said, forcing a smile. 
 
She was headed for death. 
 
They arrived at the Shadow's hide out, where Chanyeol and Yun Ae were imprisoned the other time. 
 
"Follow me, i know where the cells are." Chanyeol whispered, taking light steps.
 
They reached the cells, inside were Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun's eyes widened,"No! Don't come here! Go away! It's a trap!" 
 
Kai rushed in, everyone placed his hands on him, and they teleported out. 
 
Yun Ae sighed, it was just her left, again. 
 
"I'm not going to let you die." Tao was standing right behind her, he didn't teleport with the rest!
 
"Tao! We don't have time, I'll teleport you there, and I'll come back. Quick!" She screamed.
 
"No! What are you planning to do? Face the shadow yourself?" Tao shouted.
 
Before she could reply, they heard an evil laughter.
 
"What a brave, courageous, idiotic soul!" The Shadow cackled.
 
"Show yourself!" Yun Ae screamed.