One Heart

The Sun and The Moon
♡ Chapter 12: One Heart ♡
 
The Shadow took the form of the Doctor once again. 
 
"Hello, Moon." The Shadow smirked.
 
"Shadow." Yun Ae frowned.
 
"Wrong word, Doctor." The Shadow cackled.
 
"I never saw you as my creator. You lied to me, you stole my memories!" Yun Ae screamed.
 
Tao stood by the side, unable to do anything with his power. Time would only stop for the humans.
 
The Shadow laughed,"Enough chatter! It's time to die!" The Shadow rushed forward, ready to plunge it's darkness and evil into her heart.
 
"No!" Tao tried to jump in front of Yun Ae but she blocked him with her hand, letting the Shadow go through her.
 
She screamed and fell to her knees.
 
She clutched her heart in pain, struggling to talk,"I'm not afraid of death, shadow. You have achieved no power from killing me, you have failed."
 
The Shadow was confused and angered,"Why! You little brat, you had killed the heart with the powers didn't you!"
 
The Shadow had escaped quickly.
 
Tao's heart sank, she sacrificed herself, to protect the world from chaos and to protect the elements?
 
She turned slowly to Tao, her lips had turned pale, she took out a letter and handed it to Tao,"Tao, take this to the elements. Don't worry, I'll be looking over everyone from the moon." 
 
"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Tao's tears dropped on her face.
 
"You wouldn't have let me." Yun Ae smiled,"It's alright, promise me that you'll live a good life back on our planet." 
 
Tao cried even harder,"Do you know how much it hurts when you don't want to share your pain with me?"
 
Yun Ae cringed as she felt death reaching out to her.
 
"I-I love you." Tao cried.
 
Yun Ae smiled, and closed her eyes.
 
Tao silently hugged her lifeless body, carrying it, he went to the other elements.
 
"Tao! We've been waiting, hurry up! The eclipse is about to end!" They shouted from afar.
 
"Who's Tao carrying?" Lay asked.
 
"Is that..." Luhan muttered.
 
"No! It couldn't be." Lay was tearing, the last thing Yun Ae said to him was "Thank you." 
 
"This was her last letter." Tao's eyes were sore and red.
 
Chanyeol stared at her from afar, she was lifeless. Their memories together, she never got a chance to remember. She'll never be his again.
 
Kris took the letter and read it,"Dear Friends, it's been a great time with all of you. Although it's been tiring, i have always enjoyed being with you. Thank you for helping me to look for everyone. Thank you for looking out for me. Don't worry about me, I'll be going back to the moon, i'll be watching from the sky. I only ask of one thing, don't forget me. I wonder how death will feel like, I'm holding a knife in my hand now. I'm not sure whether it'll kill the heart with the powers, but it's my only chance of saving both the citizens from chaos and to protect you. I'll miss everyone, i love you."
 
Everyone was tearing, some were on their knees crying out.
 
Tao stood still, carrying Yun Ae in his arms,"I never got to hear you say I love you to me." 
 
A year had passed, the elements were all back to their own planet, protecting the tree of life. The Shadow hadn't been spotted since. 
 
Chanyeol and Tao were sitting on the edge of the planet, staring at the moon.
 
"I wonder whether she's fine." Chanyeol said, smiling at the moon.
 
"She is." Tao smiled.
 
"How do you know that."
 
"Well, a little birdie once told me, if everyone is happy, she's happy." Tao smiled again, looking at the Moon.
 
And the Moon smiled back.