It's done.

Will I do it again? - Sequel to I let you go

'At this point he's got to be at he airport', he told me at the car, placing his hand on my knee. I grabbed his hand, and held it tight. 'I don't know what to do to thank you for what you're doing for me', I told him softly. He smiled calmly, as he shook his head. 'I think either of us would have done the same for you. In he end, all we care about is you, and if being with him is what makes you happy, then I'm nobody to go against it'.  

 

I smiled and wiped the tear that was threatening to stream down my face, and he smiled at me too. He asked me about what I had been doing, and I told him. Then he asked me how I found out about his message.  

 

 

'When I came back from Jeju', I began slowly, pulling a strand of hair that was lost in my face, 'I wanted to spend a few days at a friend's place. Then when I came back, I came across the note I showed you earlier. And I didn't know what to do'.

- You must have been terribly worried - He said calmly

- At first I wasn't - I reckoned - But I guess sometimes all you need is that little push to see which one is the one you want to be with.  

He nodded.

- It's like you open your eyes to something that you tried seeing before but couldn't. It's sad it's not me but if it makes you happy then it's great.  

He turned for a short while and ruffled my hair, and the driver turned the music on. Officially missing you came on the station. He chuckled, I sighed. 'To think of that day is to remember a not very pleasant experience for you and I, right?', he asked, and asked the driver to change the station to another one with american music. I nodded.  

 

'We're almost here', he said after a while. I looked through the window and saw the airport. But it was crowded, and we were still on our way to a parking lot. All I wanted was to get off the car to find him, to tell him it was all over, that all we had been through was now part of the past, and that I couldn't let him go. The only one whose voice I love, the one that makes my days better just by saying my name. 'Get off the car', he smiled, stopping by a gate, 'I'll go find a parking spot and then I'll find you. You can't lose him again, can you?', I gasped and hugged him, opening the door after the driver unlocked it.  

 

I entered the airport, only to realize I was never going to find him. Who in the world can think that's possible? Finding someone inside of an international airport!  

 

That's not going to let me feel down, of course not. I'm not going to let this go.  

 

I figured out I could go to one of those information decks and ask the people there about him, but all I got were sad looks and a 'I'm sorry madam, but we can't give any information about people's flights, that is personal information and we do not do that'. Ah, Byul, how lucky you are.  

 

 

 I walked some more, I ran a little too, I stumbled upon a few suitcases, I might have pushed some people, and still I didn't find him. I went to the national departures, I went to the international departures, I read the note he left me, I tried to figure out where he might be. 

 

But I couldn't. 

 

I was lost.

 

 It was like finding a ring in the darkness with nothing to light your way. I couldn't find him shining for me. I was going to lose his smile forever.  

 

 

I went back to the waiting room.  

 

 

I sat down and cried.  

 

He came back from the parking lot, went to the information desk and asked for his name, but it is forbidden to give away information about the passengers or the flights. At least that’s what they said: the same thing they told me before, the same thing that even though I was sure it was not going to change, I had my hopes on a change of mind from them.

 

I closed my eyes, and tried to remember. From all the times we ate together, from all the times we spoke till midnight, from all the times we cooked together… where could he be going?  

 

 

He turned his back to me, trying to look for him too, and I smiled. I knew it.  

 

 

I ran, and ran as if I didn’t care about anything else than telling him the truth. I ran and ran until I could see his back.  His name came out of my lips in a scream full of passion and desperation.  

 

 

I called him.   

 

He turned his back, and sighed, holding a weak smile.  

 

'Come', he mouthed, and I ran to his arms.  

 

He hugged for a space of time I thought it was eternal, for it was all I needed to finish feeling sure about my choice. I was still crying. I couldn't stop.  

 

 'I thought you were not going to come', he whispered to my ear, I shook my head. 'I thought you had chosen him and not me. No matter what I tried doing, I began thinking you were deeply in live with him', he kept saying, and all I did was hugging him tighter and tighter.

- I thought I was not going to be able to call your name. As much as I like doing it, I was starting to face the reality of not doing it any longer - He whispered, and his voice cracked - My love for you knows no boundaries, my love for you grows and will grow forever. You're my disease and my antidote, you're everything I need. But I was going to let you go.  

I lifted my head, pulling out from the hug.

- Why?- I asked him - Why would you let me go?

- There's nothing I could do. When I left the note it wasn't because I knew you'd come, but because I needed to let you know I was going to let you live your life with him.

- I'm in love with you - I told him while caressing his cheeks - It's you. He smiled, grabbing my hand and kissing it, closing his eyes.  

 

'Byul, Byul, Byul', he said slowly, as if he was enjoying every single time he would call my name, 'You have no idea how much this means to me, you really don't know how much I like to say your name'. I went back to the hug. I'm happy.  

 

'I love you, Kim Joonmyeon. '         

 

Chanyeol came closer to us a while later, and instead of being mad at us, he took the time to hug Joonmyeon and congratulate him. 'You have to make her happy', he told him, 'As much as she was before I decided it was a good idea to take her away from you'. Joonmyeon smiled and slapped Chanyeol's shoulder, nodding gently.  

 

'Byul, I love you', Chanyeol told me, and I didn't know what to say, 'And I love that you'll be happy'. I chuckled and hugged him.    

 

 

It's funny how everything fell into its right place.  

 

 

It's funny how the right place is not the same way I used to think it was going to be when I got back from China.  

 

 

It's funny how I finally found out what love is.  

 

And I love the right person. Kim Joonmyeon.  

 

Sometimes, when you come up with things that take you by surprise, your feelings tend to betray you. I used to think I was in love with Chanyeol, as soon as he told me he loved me. I escaped from his love because I thought it was loyal to my friend, and then couldn't stop thinking about him.  

 

I couldn't stop thinking about him because it was something new: our feelings were mixed up, feelings were new, my heart was confused, and I was scared of losing my friend. Still, I came back to get him to be with me.  

 

After trying to stay away from him, I thought I was in love. I felt in love   But when I came back he was with her. And he hurt me, and he played games with my heart, and he pretended we were alright.  

 

And I still thought it was love. I watched him with her, I was there when he broke up with Hana but I didn't feel happy. I now know why.  

 

In the meantime I met him. He was so nice and caring, so gentle and respectful... He was my friend, and then one day became my lover. He loved me.  

 

He protected me.  

 

There's this moment in life when you realize that what you need is a man. Someone who loves you so deeply that will let you go as many times as you need, if that means you'll be back, sure of what you feel. Someone who cares about your happiness so much, that will be able togo and find you, just in case you need a friend.   He's that someone.  

 

Kim Joonmyeon.  

 

I don't want to run away, I just want to love him.  

 

Kim Joonmyeon. 

 

Way to go Byul, way to go!

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO STUCK AROUND AND READ. I LOVE YOU!