For The One You Love

Oh My Gukkie Review Gallery


Story Link - For The One You Love

 

A n a l y s i s

Ti  t  l  e       4   /   5

De s c r  i  p  t  i  on & Fo  r  e w o  r  d     18 /  20

Ap p e a   r   a n c  e       6/  10

Pl o  t     18    /   20

F l  ow        9   /   10

Wr  i  t  ing    S  t y le     15 /     15

S p  e  l  l  in g   ,    G  r   a  m   m  a  r   ,  P u  n   c  t  u  a   t   i   o  n       16  /    20

O  v  e  r  a l  l     86  /     1 0  0

 

Title: 4/5
the title itself is very intriguing and very relevant towards the story. However, it should be For the One's You Love since she is doing all these things for both of her parents, not just one.

Description&Foreword: 18/20
The description is pretty much perfect. it gives the reader enough to want to continue reading but not enough for the story to be pre-predicted. The Foreword should really be a short excerpt from the text, but putting the main characters is also okay since the reader now has a face to the characters instead of it just being a blank slate.

Appearance: 6/10
The poster is very nice and clean, but it's also very alluring. The background is also nice but not as alluring or interesting as the poster. the background really has no relevance to the story aside from the feathers and still them the feathers in the background are white, while in the story the feathers that are mentioned are black. Also,the whole skeleton thing is just not at all appealing. Everything else is fine, like the text on the poster is very prominent and easy to read. Within the actual story you kept it pretty plain and simple with it just being a normal text and not some weird text format and added colors, which is good.

Plot: 18/20
It's not completely original that Lina had to go through some very terrible hardship in order for her to gain her powered but it's also okay since she gained all that she has, but she chose to leave behind everything that she used to be just for the sake of her parents.

Flow: 9/10
The whole story moves along very well. It's played out in a way that there are hardly and time lapses and sometimes that can bore people but with the use of words and description used within the story it makes it seem very comfortable and enjoyable.

Writing Style: 5/5
The writing style is bit more advanced that what is usually written and posted on the site but it's also not so advanced that only English speakers can understand. Also, the dialogue is used sparingly and the descriptions of things are just amazing and can help the reader clearly imagine what's happening.

Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation: 16/20
There are a few spelling errors here and there that can be easily ignored and aren't all that much of a distraction to the actual writing. Grammar wise, the dialogue has to on a separate line every time someone says something, unless it's an inner voice then that should be in italics. Everything else seems fine for grammar. There really wasn't anything that stood out to me as wrong. For punctuation, i noticed that you used quite a few ellipses within your writing, which is fine, but I felt like you could have just ended the sentence and left the other part as a whole new sentence. The rest of the punctuation was fine. To make the story more interesting you could use more sentences with commas, colons, semicolons, and dashes.