New Student.

Dreaming Away

Charlotte was already ready to go back home and leave. She had packed every thing neatly and already put her belongings in thr car trunk. She was now patiently waiting for Dae in the hotel lobby. She decided to take out her phone and play with the trial games, she always thought those were entertaining than the free ones. The trials were always short though, so it didn't keep her time productive.

"Unnie! I'm here! Sorry I took so long!", Dae said coming towards Charlotte, holding her bags on one side.

"Oh it's alright! Did you eat yet?", Charlotte wondered.

"Yes, just a little. But I'm good!", Dae smiled, like how she would normally respond.

Charlotte headed off to her fathers car with Dae's bags. Dae followed closely behind. She felt bad for Charlotte carrying her bags even though there wasn't much. After Charlotte had put them away in the trunk, she sat in the drivers seat and got comfortable for the ride back home. Dae had done the same as well. Before Charlottes father drove off, she once more said good bye to summer.

In the car, Dae and Charlotte were telling her father about the weekend and how amazing it was especially for Dae. They never mentioned Charlottes incident. They didn't want to go through an awkward conversation. When they were talking, Charlotte remembered KiKwang last night. So many questions filtered her head all at once. She didn't want to start liking anyone. She was hoping what happened at the beach had stayed at the beach. Charlottes motive was to forget, that it was just a misunderstanding.

After Charlotte brought Dae home, she couldn't wait to go home herself. She wanted to sleep in her bed all day long. Once they parked her car in the garage, she took her bags and went straight to her room. Charlotte let out a happy sigh and fell asleep comfortably.

----

"Wake up!", Charlotte heard some one say. Charlotte groaned and opened her eyes slowly to see who it was.

"Umma!", Charlotte whinned.

Julie, her mom, went to lay right next to her, "Wake up! You have had enough beauty sleep"

"You're crazy!", Charlotte rolled to the opposite side so she couldn't see her mom.

"My darling, wake up..or you will pay the consequences", she giggled.

Charlotte mumbled the words, "What consequences?"

Out of no where, Julie was jumping up and down on Charlottes bed, attempting to fully wake her up.

"Mom! You're crazy!", she yelled in english.

"Just wake up!", Julie sat back down.

"I'm up! What do you want?", Charlotte quickily got up and faced her mom.

"You need to get up, that's all. Oh, and tell me how was your trip?"

Charlotte groaned, "We ate, went to the beach, sang songs, and danced the night away." Charlotte gave a sarcastic and forced smile.

"Seems like fun. You sure thats all?", her mom curiously asked. Charlotte tried to figure out what was going on and then she finally realized.

"Ok, what do you know?", she asked, looking straight at her mom.

"Hmm, well I heard someone drowned. Not sure who it was though", her mom lied trying to get Charlotte to say the truth.

Charlotte sighed, "It was me. But I am okay! Really!"

"Are you sure? Remember dads a doctor!", she worried.

"I'm sure. How'd you find out?", she asked.

"Haewon. Sophie told her all about it." Haewon is Sophies mother.

Charlottes mom added, "We got food down stairs if you're hungry."

Charlotte nodded and left her room and down to the kitchen.

The kitchen was big and bright. There was a white table with four chairs. Around was some black, shiny, marble countertops that had white drawers. The sink had a window view of the inviting back yard. On the sky blue walls were cabinets filled with kitchen appliances like plates, bowls, and cups. The stove was in the center with the micorwave and oven on the right, also above some drawers. On the left side was a coffee maker. The tiles on the floor were a creamy white color. The kitchen was always tidy.

Charlottes eyes went straight to what was on the table. She ignored the beauty of the kitchen and ran towards the food. Her mom prepared japchae, kimchi fried rice but without the meat since Charlotte is a vegetarian. She sat down on one of the white chairs and attacked the food.

"I knew I'd find you in the kitchen", a familiar voice said. Charlotte looked up to see that it was Sophie.

"Very funny", Charlotte said and then continued eating. Sophie walked by and sat down right next to her.

"So did you have fun?", she asked, now facing Charlotte.

"Yeah, I did. Do you want some?", Charlotte pointed at her food. She was quickly trying to change the subject, she knew where this was leading to.

"No. So do you like KiKwang?", she blurted out.

"No. Sophie, how many times do I have to tell you this? I don't like guys!", Charlotte raised her voice a bit.

"So you like girls?", Sophie asked trying to get Charlotte to lighten up.

"No", she ate her food with what was still left.

"Then you can't just stop liking guys. I know it, you're into him. I mean c'mon! You chase after him, you even went far into the water. Which you never do! Oh and at the bonfire, you secretly left to go talk to him?", the last sentence sounded like more of a question.

"He was annoying me! I went to thank him for saving me though. I don't even know him, I can't just like him!", Charlotte explained.

"But you can start liking him!", Sophie suggested.

"I don't want to like him or anyone", she looked at Sophie with a blank face.

"Oh no.." Sophie lowered her voice.

"Oh no what?"

"You're not over him", Sophie made a disgusted face and continued,"I forgot all about that! Charlotte, that was a long time ago! We need to get you a man! Even if it's not KiKwang." It bothered Charlotte that they were having this conversation, but she knew this would have came up sooner or later.

Charlotte sighed, "I'm not over him, I know. But Sophie, I don't want a boy friend. I hope you understand. I just want my friends to be here with me." She smiled at her best friend.

"Okay, fine. But you need to start getting over him!", she said with a concerned tone.

"So you told her mom huh?", Charlotte changed the subject.

"Sorry!!", the girls both giggled.

A few hours later, Sophie finally left. Charlotte had fun after that conversation they had. She missed her best friend, so this made Charlotte feel a lot closer to her. The best part for Charlotte was when they reminisced when they were young and all their childhood memories with each other.

Charlotte was getting ready for bed. She had put on some gray sweat pants and a loose t-shirt. After, she washed her face and brushed her teeth. Then finally layed in her comfortable bed. She covered herself with her blankets and looked up at her ceiling. All of a sudden, someone had came back in her mind. Memories filled her head of this one guy from her past. She quickly got up and grabbed her i-pod. She remembered DooJoon added their songs to her i-pod. She clicked "BEAST" and played their songs. She suddenly fell asleep as their voices sang her a lullaby.

The alarm was beeping loud enough for Charlotte to hear. She got up and stretched her arms and back. She wasn't lazy or groaning, she actually slept good last night. Just as expected, her mom came in and checked on her. She was suprised that her daughter was up and getting ready.

"Oh good morning!", she smiled at her daughter.

"Morning umma!", Charlotte smiled.

"I'll let you get ready then!", her mom left the room.

Back to her daily morning routine, she went straight to the shower. After that, she was wearing a white tank top and bloomers and blow dried her hair. She decided to put it in a bun today. She got dressed into her uniform. She then applied powder, eyeliner, mascara, and the usual chapstick. Charlotte grabbed her bag and went to the downstairs for some breakfast.

There was english pancakes, fruits, muffins, almond milk, and juice on the table in the kitchen. Charlotte saw her dad sitting and eating a muffin. Her mom just joined, wearing her work uniform. Charlotte sat on a chair and said good morning to both and began to eat.

"Mom makes some good english pancakes huh?", her father asked her as he watched her scarf down some.

"Mhm!", Charlotte was still eating, so she didn't want to talk. Her father laughed and took a sip of his drink.

When Charlotte finished her food, she went to her bathroom and brushed her teeth. Before she left, she looked at herself in her bathroom mirror and then left.

"Your mother will take you to school today", her dad told her. Charlotte got in her moms car and waited for her mom to come in. Once her mom came, she started the car and left. They had a quick conversation about school and work.

Charlotte went to her meeting area, where she saw a few friends like Jayce, Min, Dae, Jonghyun, Jinho, amd Yung-a. She greeted everyone and decided to sit. She was hoping this week would go by fast and easy.

"Charlotte, did you know we are having another new student?", Yung-a asked her.

"Uhm, nope. I didn't. Who is it?", she wondered.

"Don't know much. Min, who is the new student?", Yung-a faced Min.

"She's a short girl and got a scholarship. Likes to dance. That's all I know", Min said.

--

The new student ended up being in one of Charlottes class, right before lunch. Her name is Yuri. She was short and has black meduim length hair. She had a pretty face. Charlotte still didn't know much, but she seemed a little quiet since she is the new student. She wasn't a big deal around school though, since BEAST is around. Charlotte invited her to lunch and she shyly accepted the offer.

Charlotte took Yuri to their hang out spot and introduced her to everyone. They happily gave her a warm welcome. Her friends were curious and asked Yuri questions about herself. They quickly found out that she was a dancer here and she really did get a scholarship.

Charlotte ended up not getting lunch, which made her regret going to the cafeteria. She sighed at how hungry she was. She was so hungry that she wasn't paying attention with what was going on.

"What's wrong?", KiKwang asked her randomly. Charlotte blinked and saw KiKwang sitting right next to her, starring with his piercing eyes.

"Nothing. I'm just hungry."

"You want some food? I have some", he smiled.

"Oh, it's okay! It's your food. The BEAST member needs to eat!", she joked, trying to play it cool instead of being pathetic.

"Here", he handed his food to her.

"You sure?", she asked, trying not to refuse.

"Yes!", he chuckled.

Charlotte began to eat, but slowly. For some reason, people always notice the way she eats. Usually she doesn't care or maybe it was because a boy was starring, and smiling at her. She looked up and saw that is was KiKwang. Charlotte looked down and began to eat like she normally would. "Maybe he will stop looking", she thought to herself. When she finished, she got up and threw the trash away.

"Thanks!", she smiled and looked for an excuse to go somewhere out of his view. Then all of a sudden DooJoon came to ask her a question.

"Did you hear our songs Charlotte?", he came up to her.

"Yes I did! I really loved it all! It's like you guys sang to me!", she smiled.

"Then you should hear us live!", DongWoon said to Charlotte.

"Well I have heard DooJoon and HyunSeung live already! But it would be nice to hear all of you guys sing", she smiled at the thought of their beautiful and talented voices. She looked for all the other BEAST members but didn't see them. She immediatley assumed they had to do some filming for something.

"Then you can't wait to hear my voice!", KiKwang got up and joined in on their conversation. He was slightly jealous.

"She can't wait to hear mine hyung!", the maknae said to him. Charlotte couldn't help but laugh a little. She tried to hide it. This made KiKwang smile and Charlotte did notice. Lunch had ended, so Charlotte said bye to everyone and quickly left the area.

---

It was the last class of the day, dance. It just so happens that Yuri had the class too. Charlotte was happy, more time to get to know her and avoid KiKwang. They had some random choreography to do and practiced on them. In the end, the instructor Jill had a project for her students.

"Ok, there is going to be a project assigned to you all. It'll be easy, just choreograph a song and perform it to us. You guys will be graded and this is a partner project. I pick partners, everyone change and I'll tell you your partners."

Charlotte changed back to her uniform, and after she freshend up she went back into the practice room. The majority of the class was already there. They waited for a few, so Charlotte decided to talk to Min and Yuri.

Everyone was there now and Jill began to tell everyones partners.

"Min and Jonghyun. Yuri and DongWoon.", she heard her friends names being called but with partners she didn't hang out with or talked to.

"Charlotte and KiKwang.", Jill said. Charlottes eyes widen and made sure not look at KiKwang. 

~~~~~~

Sorry I took long to update. I hope this was a good chapter! I slightly messed up on a couple of chapters,so i kind of updated on those. But it wasn't drastic or anything just the fact that the legal driving age is not Charlottes age. sorry again!