I hate boys.

Dreaming Away

 

Kikwang was planning on talking to Charlotte in class. He was actually feeling nervous. Kikwang wasn't the greatest when it comes down to situations like this. Dance class was about to start and Charlotte was not there yet. He was stretching with the rest of his friends when Charlotte came in. Kikwang was getting that nervous feeling in his body. Charlotte made no attempt to look at her partner, while Kikwang did the opposite. She stayed with Min and tried to stay far from Kikwang. 
 
Class officially started and the dancers were ready to perform. Charlotte made sure not to let the Kikwang situation affect her dancing. She refuses to let that happen. A few people went and it was now time for the two to dance. 
Charlotte gave a fierce, intense look on her face. It was a little intimidating. Kikwang wasn't sure if that look was for the dance or not, but he still went with it. She danced and gave it her all, as usual.
 
"Hey, I'm sorry", Kikwang whispered, as they got closer during the dance. She ignored him and continued along with the choreography. 
 
"I know you like me. I..I like you too", he told her.
 
Charlotte's eyes grew big. The song had ended and Charlotte froze as if she saw a ghost. Every one was applauding, even Jill, the dance instructor. Charlotte glanced at every one. She quickly grabbed her belongings and took off. She ran away from the school, not ever looking back.
Everyone stopped applauding when Charlotte ran out of the class. Then they were all whispering, wondering about Charlottes sudden action. Kikwang made an excuse and told Jill that she wasn't feeling so good so she left. Jill bought it and continued with the dance projects. Kikwang went back and sat next to Doojoon and Hyunseung.
 
"Kikwang! What the heck did you do?!", Hyunseung quietly yelled.
"Nothing! I just told her I like her..", he looked down on the floor.
"She probably just freaked out", Hyunseung simply said.
"Should I go to her house after school?", he asked his friends.
"You can't. We have to practice soom for our comeback tomorrow", Doojoon told him.
"I guess I have to wait then".
________________________________________________________________
 
Charlotte went home right away. She didn't want to stop, she just wanted to go home. Thankfully her parents weren't home. She didn't really know what she was going to do when she gets home but that didn't matter.
When she got home, she stormed into her room, dropping her bags on the floor. She went to her bed and looked at her clock, school had already ended by now. She was laying down, feeling so comfortable. Her eyes were slowly closing as she remembered what Kikwang told her earlier. Her emotions kept changing. She didn't know how to react to this. She was confused. Then, she fell asleep, forgetting it all.
 
...
 
There was a loud noise coming in the room. Charlotte felt herself move a bit. Something was making her move, making her eyes open to see what was going on. When she opened her eyes, she saw Sophie right in front of her face. Her bestfriend was trying to wake her up by shaking her. 
 
"Finally! Took me forever to wake you up!", Sophie chuckled.
"What time is it?", Charlotte managed to speak.
"It's noon", she replied.
"Noon? As in Saturday?", she said a little louder.
"Yes! Now get up! We need to talk!", Sophie pushed her to the bath room and threw some clothes at her. 
 
Charlotte freshened up, which never felt even better. Once she looked at herself in the mirror, she noticed she was still in her dance clothes. She changed and wore some comfortable shorts and a loose t-shirt. She put up her hair in a loose bun and went to the kitchen where Sophie was.
 
"Good afternoon sleeping beauty!", Sophie smiled. Charlotte sat down next to her at the table.
"Hey. What are you doing here?"
"What? I can't hang out with my own best friend?"
"No, it's not that. It's just so unexpected. And the 'we need to talk' ", she said.
"Well we need to catch up!", Sophie smiled.
Charlotte raised an eyebrow, "You're up to something". She got up to make some coffee for the both of them.
"Fine, I'll just say it now". Charlotte listened.
"I heard how you ran off at dance yesterday. What happened?"
Charlotte couldn't get out of this one and told her the truth. 
"What a player!", Sophie said. By then Charlotte was already next to Sophie with their coffees made.
"This is why I did not want to be involved in things like this."
"Sorry, it's my fault huh?", Sophie looked down.
"No, it's my fault..", she replied.
"Do you like him?", Sophie asked.
"Who? Kikwang?", she paused and sighed, "I don't know. Maybe. Yes?"
"Well he did say he liked you..", Sophie looked up at Charlotte.
"Sophie! He has a girlfriend! And you just said he was a player".
"Sorry..don't listen to me", Sophie muttered and looked down, "Although he could be better than your nasty ex".
"Sophie! Let's not bring him up!" Charlotte sipped some of her coffee.
"Fine. fine", she then muttered, "he's the reason you're like this". 
Sophie then quickly asked, "How's the girlfriend like? Is she snobby and rude?"
"Not even close. She's so nice and gorgeous!", Charlotte whined and had her head down on the table, making her face Sophie.
"What a player! That boy..", Sophie shook her head no. Charlotte groaned. 
"So what are you going to do?"
"I guess keep avoiding him", she shrugged.
"That's not the mature thing to do", Sophie said.
Charlotte groaned, "I hate boys". 
 
 
 
-Hello readers! Thanks for subscribing and reading! Commenting as well! Sorry I didn't really detail the dancing .. :\ . I'll update soon!:)