Chapter 3

Dreaming Away

Homecoming

 

Friday has finally arrived. The first week of junior year has ended. It is time to start the fun-filled weekend at the beach. So far, every one is able to go. That also means my new friends that I have met.

The Beast members, Mi-Sun and Dae hung out with all of us at lunch every day. The two other new students had their own friends now. Mi-Sun is a shy junior who only talks to Kyung-mi. Kyung-mi was the one who showed her around. Kyung-mi has long brown hair and was always the ‘know it all’ and judgemental person in the group.

Just from one week I know that the Beast members are nice and hilarious. I only talked to KiKwang a few times. I have no intrest in him, thankfully. They are so dedicated to what they do, it amazes me. Even though I only have one class with them, I can just see that they love what they do.

The last class was dance and then it is the start of the weekend. We had only 5 minutes left so our instructor Jill ended the class early.

"Charlotte! You ready?", my friend Seung asked.He is a senior. Seung is such a ladies man. He sings and dances. He has black hair and has this smirk he always does to the girls. It works every time.

"I am so ready!", I smiled, warming up.

"Ready for what?", HyunSeung asked me.

"Every time we have free time, we dance battle or just free style!", Min came over and explained to the Beast members.

Joon started to play the music. It was time to show the people what I got. Mostly every one sat and watched. A few left, starting the weekend early. Seung challenged me and I was ready. Nervous but ready. The only way to know who ‘won’ is hearing it from everyone else. When Joon put his hand above my head, there was claps and YoSeob was even screaming. It was Seung’s turn and mostly girls were screaming and clapping.

"Sounds like Charlotte won", Joon said, smiling.

"Who wants to go against me? We have about three to two minutes left", I checked the clock. I was in the mood.

"I’ll do it", I looked over to see who it was. It was KiKwang. He was getting up and was facing me.

I took this battle seriously. I never danced against him. I took a deep breath as the music began to start. KiKwang was dancing first. Then I went to dance, I know the choreography to the song. I learned it over the summer, so I was prepared. I danced as everyone watch, then KiKwang joined in and we were communicating with each other by dancing. I stopped dancing to the choreographed version and started on my own. I continued but it was as if the music had stopped and I couldn’t hear a thing. All I saw was his face and the look he kept giving me. Then, out of nowhere, I could hear everyone and the song was over.

"That was beautiful!", instructor Jill said, clapping her hands. She was amazed. I now want to know what just happened. I was so into the dance that I didn’t even know what happend.

"The chemistry between you two..", she stopped to look at us. Then the bell rang.

" We don’t even know who won!", Joon yelled. Every one was getting up and leaving, saying good bye.

"I definitley won", KiKwang said with such confidence.

"Charlotte so won", JunHyung came over and laughed.

"Thanks", I gave him a high five, "So you guys coming right?", all of them were around me.

"Of course! We will be there!", Doo Joon said.

They left and Min and I were getting our stuff. "That was really good!", she told me.

"I don’t even know what I did!"

"I recorded it with my phone", she smiled. We were walking to our rides cars and watched the video. We looked like we knew what we were doing. I was so fascinated, like it wasn’t even us dancing out there.

While going home to pack my stuff I couldn’t stop thinking about the dance battle with KiKwang. One part was repeating over and over. I slowly touched his chest and pushed him off then he came back to me and we just danced, facing each other like we had some kind of chemistry. That was the time everything stopped when I couldn’t hear a thing.

I finished packing and my dad drove off to pick up Dae. She didn't have a ride, so I offered her the ride. Sophie usually would be with me but she left right after school with her mom. We talked and laughed, it was a fun ride.

We got to the hotel/beach and everyone was there already. I wondered why it took us so long. Everyone was hanging out in the lobby when I got there. Unfortunetly I had to first go in my room and drop off my stuff.

My room was beautiful and big. There was a king size bed, a nice flat screen tv, a clean and good enough space bathroom, and the best of all was the nice beach view/ balcony. This is just to wonderful. Why does break have to end?

I got down to the lobby after admiring the room and getting dressed. "Finally!", everyone said. I didn’t realize I took that long. "Sorry every one!", I apologized. Every Friday night for homecoming weekend, we dress in formal clothing and go out for dinner. I looked at everyone and they all looked extravegant. I had my hair down and wore a black,glittery dress that stopped right above my thighs.

We all got seated at the restaurant. I was sitting next to Sophie and Jayce of course. We all were laughing, talking, eating, and having fun. I was having so much fun that I forgot all about dance class. Until Joon brought it up.

"You guys should have seen Charlotte and KiKwang dancing today. It was crazy!"

"Oh really?", Sophie looked at me suspiciously.

Every body made little comments.

"I still wanted to know who won", Joon pouted.

"No one won Joon", I quickly stated.

I heard a chuckle coming from KiKwang,"She is just saying that ‘cause she knows she lost", KiKwang smirked.

I did not just hear that from him. What a conceited boy! I only say that to get rid of the topic. Now I must have to deal with this, me looking like a sore loser. If I did LOST. I know I won with that chest touching. That is like bonus points.

I rolled my eyes and said calmly, " We both didn’t lose and we both didn’t win".

Some people laughed, thinking this was funny. I sighed trying to ignore this.

"I guess", Joon said, "Oh well! IT’S HOMECOMING!", he yelled.

After our dinner, we all hung out at the lobby until it became really late. I couldn’t help but think about all that just happened, wondering why this is bugging and stressing me out. When I got to my room, I didn’t undress, wash my face, or do anything like that. I just layed down, in the king sized bedroom hotel, thinking. Stopping time and flashing back to earlier today. It was like a tv remote, rewinding and pausing. Finally I felt my eyes shut. As I press play to continue on with the present and to watch every single moment.