Chapter 2

Dreaming Away

Beast

 

It is not so bad to think a guy is attractive. It’s normal for teenaged girls to think guys are cute. It does not mean I will like the guy. I don’t even know him and I probably won’t. I am worrying over nothing. Everything will be alright, as long as I don’t see him.

“Charlotte?”, Jonghyun was calling me. I turned my head to look at him.

“What happened to you? You got all quiet.”

“I was just thinking. Sorry”, I chuckled.

“Mhm.. So are you coming?”, he was getting up.

I looked around and everyone was leaving. Seems like the assembly was over. I got up right when my other friends started to come. When we were about to leave Dean Robinson called our names. We couldn’t pretend to not hear him because Jinho and Kyung-mi wasn’t thinking and turned around. We all just hoped he wouldn’t lecture us. He is so loquacious.

“Hey kids! As you all know, we have new students. Do you mind starting up a conversation and show them around? It would be very thoughtful of you all. I know you students are one of the most friendliest students here.”

“Of course Dean Robinson!”, Sophie automatically accepted the offer. Obviously she thought some one was ‘hot’. Hopefully it wasn’t KiKwang. What the heck is going on with me?!

“Students, I have a group of people I’d like you to meet.”, he called over the new kids.

“Everyone this is Sophie, Charlotte, Jonghyun, Jayce, Min, Seung, Joon, Jinho ,Kyung-mi, and Yung-a.”, we all said our hellos.

The Dean continued, ” So here is what I am thinking, get to know each other for a few minutes and pair up with a partner to show you around! Good plan?”

We all agreed to the plan. The Dean left for all of us to get to know one another. At first we had an akward silence, until someone decided to talk.

“Hi everyone! Once again, my name is Joon. Yes, I am single! And I am a singer so if you want, I can sing for you all anytime”, he winked. Joon was tall and he had brown,semi-long hair. It goes really well with his face structure. His body was built. A lot of girls crushed on him many times. Even me. But now we are just close friends.

The girls giggled. They either thought he was a joke and trying to be funny or that he was really cute.

“Okay Joon, we are not here to look for your soulmate”, I lightly patted him on the back.

“Hey, you were dancing out there earlier huh?”, one of the guys asked me.

“Yeah I was. So was Min and Jonghyun”, I looked to see them and every one was in their own environment talking to someone already.

“You were really good out there!”, the guy said.

“Thank you! I just love to dance! Are you a dancer?”, I asked curiously.

“Yeah. It’s one of my majors!”, he smiled.

“That’s really cool! What class?”, I wondered.

“Hip Hop C”, he said. Their was three levels of dance. A being a beginner and C being upper, most top class.

“Me too!”, I smiled brightly. “So are you planning on joining the dance team?”

“I’m thinking about it. By the way I’m HyunSeung. And you are?’, he asked.

“My names Charlotte!”, I smiled nicely.

HyunSeung has short black hair. He was a little taller than me. I found him very adorable.

One of the guys called him over, so I went to talk to a girl who seemed to be all alone.

“My names Charlotte!”, I smiled at her, offering my hand.

“I’m Dae!”, she smiled shyly. She was the girl who I assumed was the shy ninth grader. Dae was short, probably 5’0 feet tall. She had brown hair but it was put up in a bun. Her hair could possibly be long,I assumed.

“What grade are you in?”, I asked politely.

“I am in ninth”, she looked down.

“Are you nervous?”, I asked.

She nodded her head yes.

“There is nothing to be nervous about. If you want, I can be the one to show you around!”, I smiled.

She quickly accepted my offer.

A few minutes after we got to know hardly any students, we now had to show our partner around. I glanced around the gym to see who was paired up with who. The one I really wanted to look at was who Sophie was paired up with. She was with a really tall guy who had brown hair. I quickly looked to find KiKwang, but I couldn’t find him. I wonder who he had..

I began to show Dae the school. It was an outdoor academy. Trees, flowers, green grass surrounds this acedemy. The campus was huge. Tables and hang out spots were randomly every where for the students. Some times I feel like I am at a park. Classes in rows and across were classes. In the middle of the classes was covered in grass with pathways in the middle to cross. The school has an enormous library. The structure of the library is beautiful. It reminds me of a museum filled with books. All in all, the school is fantastic and the scenery.

I have finally finished showing her most of the school. The first period was about to end, so we decided to hang out outside. We stopped at a bench that was surrounded by tall trees that block the sun. It amazes me that some thing tall,like a tree, can block the light that shines down on us.

Dae is the type of person where they need time to open up. She just needed to be comfortable. She started talking to me right when I began to show her around. Dae is a nice girl who loves art, shopping, and playing the drums.

The bell rang and it was passing period. I missed my first class which was AP history. Honestly, I didn’t mind at all. My next class is precal. I saw a lot of people pass by to get to their classes.

“So do you know where your next class is?”, I asked.

“Yeah, I think so!”, she smiled. We parted our ways and I headed off to my class.

When I got to class, a few people were there already. The teacher was a tall and big man. His name was Mr. Park and he looked like he was in his 30’s. He welcomed me and told me to sit anywhere I want. I chose the second seat, center, in the front. I was hoping someone I knew was going to walk in that door. The majority of the class was already here and then Jayce came.

I went through my classes, then it finally became lunch. So far my only classes I had with a close friend was Jayce. I hope I have a class with Sophie. Most of my friends are dancers, so we have dance class together. But Sophie isn’t a dancer. It’s really not her thing.

There is only one lunch. Which explains why the cafeteria is literally huge. There are four different areas to get lunch. Three in the cafeteria and one out side by the student center. The food at the academy is simply delicous, it would be a ridiculous idea to have only one place to get food.

The place where my friends and I hang out is at some white benches with a table on the grassy fields. Flowers covered up that area and there was a tree right next to the benches. It is also by the art and photography classes. We are always over there. I always find myself getting captured in the beautiful scenery.

The lines in the cafeteria were ridiculously long. All three of them. I was so tempted to go buy my lunch at the snack bar out near the student center, but I chose not to. I stayed in line one. I constantly kept checking the time on my phone and impatiently waiting to get my hands on some delicous food.

Finally, I payed for my lunch and left the overly crowded cafeteria. Now time to get to the spot so I can finally devour this food.

When I arrived, I saw everyone already seated or standing talking to people. I looked closely and noticed the new students were hanging out over here. Seems to me that everyone got along. I assumed most of them already had lunch so there was at least a seat for me. I squeezed in between two people. I wasn’t paying attention to the people around me and everyone else who crowded the area. I just want to eat! I enjoyed every bite I took. It was like I left reality and was into my own world.

After I finished, I got up to the nearest trash can and threw my trash away. When I was coming back to my seat I noticed that the majority of the people around me was starring at me. It wasn’t the usual stares I got when I performed either.

“Does she always do that?”, a guy who was sitting next to me asked.

He had brown hair and with the looks of it he spiked his hair up. It was just there, not in a spikey way. Other than his nicely done hair that caught my attention, it was his eyes. This guy was deffinetly not ugly.

“She does this only when she is really hungry. So pretty much all the time.”, Sophie randomly explained. “And with that look on her face she is very confused”.

I heard people chuckle and I felt my face turn completly red.

“Thanks Sophie”, I chuckled, trying to play it off.

“I’m DooJoon”, the cute guy offered his hand.

I shook it and introduced myself. We talked for a while until someone got everyones attention. It was Sophie once again.

“So as you all know, homecoming is this weeked! Same time, same place. Just reminding you all”, she said loud enough for just the people around to hear. I observered the new students facial expressions, which speaked for itself: confusion.

“Sophie, I am pretty sure they don’t know how we do our homecoming”, I told her.

“Oh! Oops! Sorry, well instead of going to the regular homecoming, we, just us, go to the beach and stay there for the weekend. It’s so much fun! Last year-“, Sophie was about to tell a story then got interupted by a cute blonde/grayish haired boy. He is so adorable I just wanted to squeeze him.

“Sophie?”, he asked.

“Yes, YoSeob?”, she smiled.

“We can go right?”, he wondered.

“Of course! you all can come!”, she invited.

Sophie’s mom runs a hotel on the beach during the summer, so this weekend was the last until it opens next summer. This has its advantages like free rooms, food, and pretty much anything there. We have been doing this since the ninth grade. It is like our own way of saying good bye to summer.

Sophie came to sit down next to me. Can you believe it?!”, she asked me. I had no idea what she was talking about.

“Believe what?”

“Beast is actually hanging out with us. I hung out with all of them!”, she whispered like it was some kind of secret.

“Wait. Who is Beast?”, I asked in confusion.

“The popular idol group!”, she looked at me like if I was crazy. I had to think real hard.

” The one who sings ‘Bad Girl’?”, I guessed.

“Yeah!”, she nodded.

” They look so different!”, I looked at each one of them to recognize their faces.

“I know!”, she agreed, “You haven’t seen them on tv recently?”, she asked me.

“Nope, but I bet they are famous, seeing all these girls over here”. Man, I am stupid!

The bell eventually rang, and I just have two more classes;T.A. and dance. I aided my favorite teachers class with Sophie. It was perfect. Then I was off to dance. I had all the Beast members and most of my friends. Lunch to the end is good way to end the day. I met all the members and they seemed really nice. DongWoon is the tall one that Sophie helped. JunHyung had this edgy look to him, with his hair partly shaved. No wonder they are idols. They are all so attractive.

I met up with Sophie afterschool. Before we said good bye to each other, she said to me, “Still avoiding guys?”. I left before she could hear me answer. My answer is still an obvious yes.