Junior Year

Dreaming Away

sorry that I still haven't posted a school name. I'm working on it!

I hate waking up to the sound of my repetitious alarm. I now know it is 5:30 in the morning. To make it all worse, it was a Monday and the first day of my junior year at (SCHOOL NAME) Academy. I’m going to miss summer.I will miss sleeping and waking up late, the stress-free days, and the road tripping with my good friends,Sophie and Jayce. They are my childhood friends and will always be my best friends. Relax and take a deep breath Charlotte, I thought to myself. My eyes finally opened. All I saw was black until my eyes focused. My blinds in my room covered the windows, thankfully.

"Knock knock!", my mother, Julie , came in smiling. She was always lively in the mornings. Exact opposite from what I am. My mom has short, straight brown hair and dark brown eyes. She is tiny and little, and very tan. While I am extremly taller than her, she’s only 4’11. I’m not as tan, I have long and curly light brown hair that went further below my chest area.And I have hazel colored eyes. Our looks are completly different but our personalities is exactly the same; nice, funny and happy. We mostly have the same likes and dislikes. When we are out in public people assume we are best friends. But just like regular mother and daughter relationships, we have our differences that lead us to conflict then to tears and making up with powerful and warming hugs.

"Mom! I could have been changing!", in reality I am still laying in bed.

"Sorry! I just wanted to say good morning!", she smiled and winked. She then left the room.

I grunted and chuckled. "Good morning mom!", I yelled.

I finally got up out of my bed. I had my own bathroom on the left side of my bed. I stumbled my way over there. The bathroom had a beach them to it. My walls were painted to look like the beach. Sea shells were every where. I loved the beach, even though I never learned how to swim.

The only way to wake myself up from all of this was to shower. After my shower, I had ‘life in me’. I started to do my regular morning school routine. I put on a white tank top and a pair of black bloomers. I plugged in my blow dryer and started to dry my natural curly hair. It took me years to finally get my hair at this length. I decided to leave my hair down today. When I finished styling my hair, I got dressed to my school uniform. Our school colors are purple, white, and gold. Both guys and girls had to wear either a white or purple collared t-shirt with our school symbol on the upper left side. The girls had to wear a purple, white, gold, and black plaid skirt with knee high socks that had a purple and gold stripe on the top of the sock. The guys have to wear a light brown dress pants and a belt as optional unless you had your pants falling.Dress pants are also optional for girls. Shoes aren’t that strict as long as it was shoes for going out.

I decided to wear a purple shirt, the skirt and black flats. I barely wore makeup. All I needed was a little bit of powder and blush, mascara and my most essential needed product I never leave with out is my chapstick. Once I got all that taken care of I went down the stairs and into the kitchen for some breakfast. I took a good whiff of the toast covered with nutella, pancakes, fruits, orange juice and soy milk that filled the table. I was so distracted by the delicious food that I didn’t realize my parents were here. I looked up to see both of my parents starring at me.

"Good morning Charlotte", my father, Joonwoo said. My father is a very tall man. He had brown hair and had a clean face. He either looked very intimidating or very loveable and soft. My mom always said it was both and that’s what got her attention.Also, his sense of humor.

"Morning", I got up to kiss him on the cheek. My parents and I have a really good relationship. It was always just the three of us. When I was three my mother had a miscarriage, it was so tragic. My dad is a doctor and my mom is a pharmacist. They work in the same hospital. They met in college and have been together ever since.

After I brushed my teeth, I got a text from Sophie saying she was already at school. That meant I had to be there. So I said my goodbyes and got my way to school. The school was huge. So many students who could afford or lucked out and got scholarships attended. Their are so many special programs the academy has to offer. My major is theater and medical. I arrived at the school and walked to a bench where I saw Sophie waiting patiently.

"CHARLOTTE!", she ran towards me. "I have missed you!"

"We hung out yesterday."

She laughed, "I know, but man! You don’t know how many times I have heard people say that."

I laughed and entered the school with her.

"So, we have a few new students coming today! Aren’t you excited?!", Sophie asked.

"Yeah, I guess. It’s always nice to meet new people every once in a while". I wondered how many a few really was.

"I am so excited! Hopefully the new students are guys and are all cute! Then it will just be perfect. What if I got assigned to give them a tour?". Sophie is the boy crazy spazz friend. Most of the time she just thinks about boys. And this year one of her electives was to work in the office. Part of her job was to give a tour to any new students. She is a very open and friendly girl. She practically knows everyone at this school.

"Aren’t you curious if any of the new guys are hot?", Sophie asked curiously.

"Nope. This year I am just going to focus on school and not worry about boys. Remember last year?", a few flash backs came running in my mind.

"Yeah, I guess you are right." Sophie coughed out, "Jerk."

Sophie stopped walking and looked at me. "Wait! You can’t possibly avoid guys! Look around you!"

I looked around and saw a few guys starring at us and waving hello.

"Look at yourself Charlotte. You are a guy magnet. You can’t help it", she smirked.

"I am not. It’s just those erted jerks who want me.", I starred down at the guys. They immediately looked away.

"Not all. It was just one guy!"

"I just need time Soph", I sighed and we both started to walk again to meet Jayce.

After we got Jayce, we sat at our usual bench near the trees with our other friends Joon, Kyungmi, Yung-a, Jinho, Jonghyun,Seung, and Min. We were laughing and having a good time, just like normal. Until the bell rang. Since it’s the first day of school we have a welcome back assembly and to see the faces of the new students. Sophie and Yung-a forced us to go so we all can get good seats and see the new guys faces. Min, Jonghyun and I are all in the dance team so we had to do a performance.

"I am so excited to dance with everyone again!", Min said cheerfully as the three of us went to the smaller gym to meet with the other dancers.

"I’m just excited to dance and show everyone my moves", Jonghyun winked.

In a few minutes we were about to perform. I was never really nervous, especially since it was the academy. I have been a dancer since I was three. School performances were nothing. Dancing is my passion, it’s way of art through the body.

We were all out in the gym and the bleachers were filled with purple or white colored shirts. They were cheering and clapping.As the music began to play, energy through my body jolted. This is where I express myself. This is what I am best at. When the dance was over we had to sit on the side and watch everything else.

The Dean of our school, Dean Robinson, came in the center of the gym and started to talk. I honestly wasn’t paying any attention. He always says the same thing every year but changes it a bit and I have been going to this academy since I was in 6th grade. Now it was time to introduce the new students. I looked over at the bleachers to see Sophies face. She had the look of anticipation.

Surprisingly there were more guys than girls. 6 guys and 4 girls. They all stood right next to the dean.

" HyunSeung", he had black short hair and threw a peace sign.

"DooJoon", he was tall and he styled his hair very nicely. He smiled to the audience.

"Mi-Sun", she was skinny and had curly light brown hair.She smiled shly.

"Junie", she was also skinny and had black long wavy hair and waved hello.

"YoSeob", he had blonde hair and had a baby face. His smile could really light up the room from what I saw as he also threw a peace sign.

"DongWoon", was tall and had dark brown hair. He smiled and looked at the audience.

"JunHyung", he wore thick framed glasses. Of course I wouldn’t know if they were prescripted. He threw a peace sign as well.

"Shin", she had blonde hair and was very tall.

"Dae", she was short and looked very shy by the way she smiled. She was probably a freshmen.

So far everyone else looked older about 10-12 graders.

"KiKwang", he had black, some what short hair. He smiled and waved.

"Now I expect all of you guys to show our new students hospitality and welcome them with kindness.", the dean has said and introduced the school band to play our theme school.

I wonder who Sophie and all my other friends thought was attractive. Over all , all the guys were cute and decent looking. I looked at the new students who came to sit down in the front of the bleachers and all the guys were sitting next to each other talking. From the looks of it they looked like they knew each other for years. But I guess thats how guys are. As for the girls, the quietly whispered to each other and watched the band play. I noticed one of the guys were looking at me. It was the last one, KiKwang I think his name was. I starred back as if nothing. We were at a far distance, he probably wasn’t looking at me. He looked away and started talking to the other guys. I was still starring at him. He was slowly getting attractive. His laugh, his smile, his eyes, his arms..

What is going on with me?! It’s only the first day of my Junior year. Crap