Chapter 4

Dreaming Away

Day Two

I could hear the sound of beeping coming from the left side of my ear. I groaned and moved over so I was laying on my stomach. Maybe the noise will go away. It didn’t. The noise seemed like it got even louder.

“Okay I’m up!”, I jumped off the bed and checked where the repeating beeps were coming from. It came from an alarm clock on the bed side. Probably Sophie did this.

“6:00?”, I groaned and moved my way over to the bathroom. My hair was a complete disaster. It was out of place and frizzy. My face was oily from the powdered makeup I used last night. I stood there, still in my outfit from last night, just thinking and starring. A few seconds later, I had changed into a pair of navy blue shorts and a loose, white v-neck; washed my face; and pulled my brown hair back into a pony tail, letting only my straight line bangs stay where it is. My plan was to jog at the beach.

I always loved jogging at the beach in the mornings. Not a lot of people are out making noise, so you can actually hear the ocean and not have to block out every other noise that is around you. The beach in the mornings also have this foggy look to it, since the sun hasn’t suprisingly came up. That feeling I get is almost as amazing as when I perform and dance.

I inhaled and exhaled the beach air once I entered the beach. Then, I began to jog. I felt the breeze go through my face. It really refreshes me. There wasn’t many people out, it was usually cold for people and too early. There was a few hanging around and jogging, like me. There are huge, giant rocks in one area, where I decided to stop and rest. I sat on one of the rocks and enjoyed the view; The water swaying, touching the shore. Birds flying to get to their destination. KiKwang coming towards me. Wait a minute, why is he here?, I asked myself.

He walked right in front of me, with a smile on his face. I stared at him. He was wearing a white muscle tank for guys and grey jogging pants and had his hands in his pockets. What he wore showed off his arms, which had muscles and I assumed that there was a 100% chance he works out. He was also wearing large eye glasses.

“Good morning Charlotte!”, he greeted, still smiling.

“Morning. Why are you out here?”, I wondered.

“Just hanging around”, he answered.

Then I had nothing to say. I felt awkward, but I continued to look at the ocean. He joined with me by sitting next to me. It became even more awkward.

“Just so you know, I won”, he was still looking at what was in front of him. My head completely moved in his direction. I stared at his face, looking at every detail. He has some full, smooth lips; black hair and fine-lined eyebrows; and has big but cute nose. It suited him.

“We are not having this discussion”, I finally commented.

“You are a sore loser”, he looked at me.

“I am not!”, I defended myself. This guy must be joking.

“I was just joking”, he chuckled.

“Well you’re not funny”, I said with a serious tone in my voice. That got him to stop laughing.

“I’m going to jog”, I told him. I got off of the rock and jogged my way out of there. I left him before he could say anything back.

The jog didn’t last long after the awkward situation I had with KiKwang. I got a call from Sophie about breakfast with everyone. Time to get the day started. After I freshened myself up, I put on a pair of jean shorts and a black tank top. I left my hair down after I blow dried it and put on some flip flops. I headed off to the restaurant in the hotel.

Everyone was mostly there, already sitting comfortably. I sat next to Sophie and Dae. Jayce was with Joon and Seung. Min sat next Seung and Jonghyun. Yung-a was next to Jinho in the middle with Kyung-mi. Kyung-mi was obviously with Mi-Sun and next to Hyunseung who was next to Dongwoon, and Doojoon. We were waiting for three others: Yoseob, Junhyung, and Kikwang. They took forever.

Dae and I were talking and I got into the conversation that I wasn’t really hungry anymore. We were talking about careers and our future. Those topics always got to me. I always question myself about the future, my future. It has me thinking and planning. As for now, I want to be a professional dancer. My parents want me to choose a career in the medical field. I have to really think and plan this soon. This is a confusing situation that always seem to stress me out.

In the corner of my eye, I saw three figures walking to the table. This got my attention. I looked over and I saw the guys who were late. Kikwang went to sit, and stared right at me. I quickly looked away towards Sophie’s direction. She had a suspicious look on her face.

“Hey! Why are you guys late?”, Yung-a asked. Yung-a is the most mature one in the group. She is a senior and is very smart. I always call her unni.

“It wasn’t me! Ask the others!”, Yoseob said. I looked over to Junhyung who was about to explain.

“Sorry, I couldn’t find anything to wear and Kikwang took long in the shower!”, he looked at Kikwang who was smiling and saying sorry.

“Can we order now?”, I asked Sophie. She was still looking at me weird.

“Uhm, yeah”, she finally answered me.

The waiter came to us and got everyones order. I ordered something simple: toast and a fruit bowl. Since we are a lot of people, the food was going to take a little while. I glanced around and saw everyone talking to someone. They all looked so into the conversations, they all looked like they were having fun. I smiled at this and then I saw Kikwang looking at me. I stopped smiling and looked away. It was awkward enough, I just want to ignore him.

A few minutes later, our waiter and a few others came with our food. Everything looked so delicious. When the waiter placed my food in front of me, my eyes grew big as I stared at it. I grabbed my fork and started to eat the fruit.

“She’s doing it again!”, DooJoon announced. I looked up to see everyone staring at me and laughing. I smiled and apologized. “I can’t help it!”, I laughed. “When I am hungry, I eat!”

We stayed there for about over an hour. Even if we were finished with our food. The waiters looked like they were getting annoyed, but they couldn’t do anything about it. Sophie had these privileges.

Breakfast was finally over. The whole time we were there, we just talked. It was actually fun. Occasionally, I caught Kikwang looking at me. Or was it because I looked at him? I was curious if he kept looking at me though, it really bugged me. I forgotten all about it later, I was once again into a conversation with Jayce. We talked about what we were going to do when we get to the beach.

I was in my room getting ready for the beach.I let my curly hair down and I wore my blue and white striped bandeau bikini with a pair of white shorts. I brought my miscellaneous things in a blue tote bag. It had a few things like towels, a tank top, and some lotion.

Once I finished getting ready, I decided to go to the beach. We were all planning on meeting there. When I was leaving the hotel Sophie caught up with me. She was wearing a black and white polka dot bikini and over it she was wearing a flowy white dress to cover up. Her medium length, black hair was put in a side braid. It looked really well on her. Her face looked soft with a hint of blush on her cheek bones.

On our way to the beach, she asked me a question I didn’t want to hear. She always thinks I like some one or some one likes me by one little thing. One time, she thought some guy liked me because he asked me if I had another pencil he could borrow. She can be smart when it comes to guys but not when it involves me. I always found that strange.

“So, do you like anyone now?”, she had asked.

I looked at her like she was some crazy person. “No”, I answered.

“Really? ‘Cause you know I’ve been getting vibes about you and KiKwang.” I laughed and simply explained to her how annoying that guy is.

When we got to the beach, it was already noon. The beach was filled with numerous people; adults, kids, couples, and one group I saw. We walked over to our group, which looked like they were settled in. Everyones belongings were on their towels. Most of them were just sitting around waiting for the rest of us. Everyone greeted Sophie and I. Which was Joon, Yoseob, Hyunseung, Yung-a, Jinho, Jonghyun, Kikwang, Min, Dae, Doojoon, and Dongwoon. All in order to who was closest to me after I placed my towel onto the sand and my bag on the towel.

I put on my sunglasses, took off the shorts, put on some sunblock and layed on my towel. Joon faced me and Yoseob looked at me too. Joon was wearing a pair of plaid trunks and Yoseob wore a plain, black trunks and a white v-neck. I looked at them on my right side while Sophie was on the left besides me. She also was paying attention to these awkward stares.

“Is there something on me?”, I asked looking for something on my body. They nodded their heads no.

“Why are you guys starring at me?”, I asked a little too loud.

“We’re just messin’ with ya!”, they laughed as I groaned.

“Whatever you guys!”, I chuckled and the four of us started to talk.

“Where’s Seung?”, Sophie asked the boys. Joon and Seung were really close.

“He’s probably flirting around somewhere”, Joon answered.

“I’m suprised you’re not with him!”, I told Joon.

He laughed, “Yeah, I guess you’re right! Yoseob you coming?”, he asked him while getting up.

“No, it’s okay”, he smiled.

I was starring at Yoseob, focusing on his face. He had kid-like features. I am suprised he isn’t the maknae. He was too adorable. But then I thought of something that I had to ask.

“Yoseob? How come Beast was able to come here? Don’t you guys have busy schedules?”, I asked.

“We do, but our manager gave us the weekend off”, YoSeob cheerfully said.

“I’m just suprised that there aren’t any crazy fan girls”, Sophie said.

KiKwang suddenly appeared on Joon’s spot, smiling. KiKwang wore a red,black and white buffalo print trunks. His body was toned, defined, and sculpted. I gave him a disgusted look, trying not to pay attention to his body and turned my whole body directly to Sophie.

“Hi-Yeom!”, KiKwang said joyfully. I turned back to face him. YoSeob seemed to have left.

“What the heck is a hi-yeom?”, I turned my head to see Sophie. She was gone too. I was slightly confused.

“It’s cute okay!”, he replied back. He got up and went towards the ocean. This boy is crazy, I thought to myself. I layed down and tried to block all the noise that surrounded me.

“I BEAT CHARLOTTE!”, a familiar voice yelled and caught my attention. I quickly got up to see where KiKwang was. My eyes were squinting from the hot and burning sun so it was hard to see. I finally found him in the water. He was smiling like a complete fool after I spotted him,

“What do you want?”, I tried to yell loud enough so he could hear.

“What did you say? Did you say I am the best?”, he laughed at himself. I got up and went to him.

“Yah! What is your problem?”, I asked once I stepped in the water. I was so mad and annoyed that I didn’t even realized how cold the water was.

“You just can’t handle me beating you!”, he was still smiling.

“It’s not that..”, I said.

“So you’re saying I won?”, he smirked.

“NO!”, I quickly answered.

“Mhm..” he said while swimming away.

“So if I keep saying I won, you wouldn’t care?” he raised one eyebrow. He had to speak a little louder since he was moving away from me.

“I never said anything like that!”, I protested. He kept swimming farther and farther away. He kept talking nonsense but I just ignored him.

“Yah! You listening?”, he came over to me and splashed me with the water. He quickly swimmed away again.

Where I was positioned the water was touching my stomach. I moved to get to where he was. I had to mess with him back. I could feel the water moving up and coming closer to my face. I still kept walking on my tippy toes. The water came all over me. It was suddenly pitch black.