Chapter 19

Curiosity Killed The Cat (DISCONTINUED)

Chapter 19

Luhan’s POV

We ended up walking on the beach after I answered HaeYoun’s endless questions. The sea breeze blew softly and the smell of salt from the sea was clear. Hae You had taken of her sandals off to walk barefoot on the sand, holding her sandals in her left. She looked like she was really enjoying herself.  I realize how long it’s been since I could feel this relaxed much less take a walk on the beach. How long has it been since I’ve been to one anyway?

“You know…I like hanging with you. I can be myself again.” Hae Youn said turning to me.

“What do you mean?” I frowned slightly, confused by what she meant on being herself again. Plus she likes hanging with me? Doesn’t the fact that I’m a beast faze her at all? I mean she’s not like MinMin who rather stay away from us and keeps it in mind on we really are. Then again she does occasionally talk to me in the hallways before the trip started and then there were times we spent together in Jeju…

She continued “I don’t know…It’s just that being with you reminds me of someone I used to know… But he left me a long time ago.”

I still didn’t get what she meant , “That doesn’t really answer my question.”

“Well somehow when I’m around you I can be myself. I don’t usually tell anyone about it but I’m pretty sure people around could tell something was wrong with me. I blame my personality disorder. It comes and goes like the wind but with you…” She trailed off as she looked over to the sea. Her eyes not looking at me anymore.

“ But still… you know what I am. I could’ve killed you if Kris had his way that time. I would understand if you acted the slightest bit like your friend Min Min but instead you just ignore the fact so easily…” I replied her.

She kept silent. Like she didn’t hear a thing I just said. I felt slightly annoyed with her silence but before I could say anything else, that’s when I sensed it.

That scent…

No doubt it’s…

Vampires…

It was faint but it was getting stronger. Is it following us? Although us wolves aren’t so friendly with them and vice versa the pact wolves and the creatures of the night made sometimes gets ignored and ends up…well maybe you could take a guess.

“ HaeYoun-ah! Let’s get some ice-cream!” I said plastering a smile on my face. HaeYoun looked at me weirdly before I basically dragged her to an ice-cream truck. After we got the ice-cream the scent struck me again. It was somehow slightly different but still a vampires’.

“Crap! Are they 2 of them? What do they want from me? Not only that HaeYoun is in danger too..” I thought biting my lip. While HaeYoun was busy with her ice-cream I looked around to find the exact person.

Then idea popped up in my head “ Let’s take an olle trail! I wanted to try go on one since we got here.”

I mustered up a small laugh and only got more weird looks and a nod. We followed the blue flags around Jeju  but I felt that we weren’t the only ones that were taking the trail.

Occasionally, we took  pictures. So when HaeYoun was taking pictures of the view from a mandarin farm. I was busy trying to locate the blood beast following us.

That’s when the scent burnt through my nose. I looked to HaeYoun’s direction and saw a tall guy pass her. She bowed-somewhat awkwardly- to him as he quickly walked away.

 

I rushed to her side immediately.

“Who was that? Do you know him?” I asked a little bit rushed. That was definitely him. But was he the only one?

“I don’t know he just bumped into me! You’ve been acting all weird with dragging me here and there…” She said looking a lot more relieved when she let that out. “ Luhan… that guy though I think he was vampire or something…”

“EH?! How can you tell?” I felt shock to hear say her say that.

“I saw fangs when he smiled at me…” She said quietly.

“These vampires can’t be targeting HaeYoun…If not why reveal themselves?” I thought realizing the situation was getting even more serious now.

“Are you going to try and find him again now?” HaeYoun said stuffing her camera into her bag.

“Maybe… ” I trailed off seeing how exposed we were since there wasn’t many people from where we are. “Let’s get bac-“

I got cut of as the scent returned again. Strong and metallic like a vampires. I took Haeyoun by the wrist and ran. I could sense that he was using that annoying speeding ability vampires have as he was coming towards us.

“Why are we running?” HaeYoun panted as she tried to keep up with me. “Is he chasing us? Why can’t you just stand up to him?”

“Yes he’s chasing us! I cant shift with all the people around us plus if he has back up we would be screwed.” I tried explaining. I must have ran too fast because HaeYoun tripped when we reached a cross road area where people flocked around taking pictures or just stood around staring at which signs to follow.

“Mianhe! Are you alright? I should have been more careful…” A pang of guilt rush in me as I pulled up a not so happy Haeyoun. She mumbled a few words before dusting herself of.

“Are you alright miss? You dropped your phone when I bumped into you.”

It was so strong. I hate the scent of vampires. It was always sharp and metallic when you’re really close to one. I covered half face with my left hand. If Tao was here his eyes would have started tearing up like how I was when I was a much younger wolf. But this scent was different than the one that haeyoun bumped into earlier.

“Oh thanks…And you are?” She trailed off taking her phone. She stared at the screen for awhile before stuffing it into her pocket later.

“Dae Ryoung. Now if you must, I’ll be on my way.” He turned and strode of before Haeyoun could bow to him.

I let out a short frustrated growl I suppressed earlier. If he heard it he didn’t show any sign of it. I can tell he wasn’t the same person who bumped into HaeYoun  but they looked the same.

“Seriously Luhan…” Haeyoun looked at with a expression I couldn’t really describe. There was a faraway look in her eyes .

“Mian…You’re fine right?” She looked away and nodded.

“We should get back to the hotel for now. I don’t want to find anymore vampires lurking around.” I didn’t disagree with her and we went back in silence.

End of Pov

CheshaCat: Okay so... IM SORRY HAVENT UPDATE AGAIN!! *BOWS again and again* Honestly I really try to keep up wit this fic. But sadly we’re going to hav to put it as HIATUS until October due to the fact our bloody education minister decided to change our form 3 national exam to a completely different system. After the history and geography assessments we just had our brains went all kaput us. We wont be free till October which is the last of these national exams and after that we’re free! But to be honest readers I think I switched over to the anime side more this pass few months I mean im blowing most of my cash on cosplay now or crossplaying since this year most my plans involved cross-dressing.  Okay enough of that! I don’t know if Aiko has anything to say but hopely we can continue this fanfic in peace. Thanks for the support you given guys Ill see you in October.

 

XxAiko_16xX = yeah she said it all... we're so sorry for not going to update this few months but one thng that me and cheshacat cn primise is thtbafter our dang exams over we'll try to update more... so pls dont click that unsubscribe button uri dear subbies we love u guyz so much and thank you for staying withs us untill now *bows* (currently using phne) 

See u guyz again soon! ^-^ we luv ya!!!!