Chapter 11

Curiosity Killed The Cat (DISCONTINUED)

Chapter 11

HyeRin POV.

A day pass before I could clear my head from how messed up the world can really be. Honestly, I wouldn’t ever want to be involved in such a situation ever again. The way my knees trembled. How my heart pounded in my chest. Even my hands froze up on that night. It was just too much to take.

  Considering how I managed to stand up to Suho and Kris was a miracle in itself. The way they tried to decide our deaths were so irking. It gets me thinking on how they really see us humans. But when I start thinking, questions popped up.

But did I keep quiet and stayed away from them as they told everyone?

No.

If you haven’t figure out by now I’m actually quite an inquisitive person. Any questions that bothered me, I’d naturally go out and look for answers myself. Because if I don’t more questions would pile up and I’d start snapping at people. An example would be like that day everyone woke up late.

So there I was striding down the hall going all the way to the library. Yujin didn’t want to come since she wanted to study for the upcoming 3rd year exam. As much as I hate exams as the next person, usually Yujin and I wouldn’t bother as much. Instead we pretty much fool around most of the time.

But if you ask me everyone-MinMin, HaeYoun, Seira and Yujin- was quite shaken up by that night. They were much quieter than usual, even MinMin who been the one to always spout random things and be the mood booster of the group. Now she was quieter but the way her hands won’t stop moving-like how she plays with a pen she’s been carrying around the day- and the way she would tap her right foot, meant her ADHD was reacting.

After those beasts sent us to our dorms the truth came out from Yujin and Seira even texted me that night with the reason why she ended with her face plastered to that window on that day. Then MinMin added the part she thought they were following them and we believed that HaeYoun’s dream was not a dream.

I pushed open the wooden doors of the library and was greeted by the cold air conditioned air. I really liked the library. Both sides of the wall of the library was all windowed glass which means you can see the endless spread of woods that the school’s landscape was known for before spotting the nearest town. If you come when the sun is setting you’d have an awesome view of the sky and the library would be in the almost same color from the sky.

I passed by the shelves of books where students wandered through as the picked and place back books. I walked to back of the library where the PC room was. There were only 3 students in there mostly because the us seniors would be too busy studying outside.

I sat down in front of a computer farthest in the corner of the room. I wouldn’t want anyone to see what I was about to Google. My fingers tapped along the keyboard, forming words into the the search bar.

That’s when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and let out a surprised gasp only to see Baekhyun sitting in the chair for the computer beside me.

I frowned, “You.”

“Yes me! Now what do you think you’re doing.” Baekhyun gestured to the computer screen.

EXO Werewolves thethe search bar read. I bit back a curse. I hadn’t even finish typing before that guy came.

Baekhyun wagged his finger in front of me like I was a little girl who did something wrong. In this case I really did do wrong. I didn’t try to stop him when took the mouse and delete the history before clicking the X button to exit.

“What are you doing here?” I huffed looking away from his eyes.

“I was studying. After all I am a senior. I saw you  and thought I’d say hello.” Baekhyun said with a lingering of sarcasm in his voice.

“Just cut the crap Baekyun. We’re far enough from the other people in this room.” I rolled my eyes at him. “I just wanted to look for answers.”

“You know we have a name for those kinda humans that snoop around too much” Baekhyun mused.

“Don’t want to hear it” I said quickly. “I thought Kris made it clear that there won’t be any interactions between humans and non-humans unless necessary.”

“Kris made that rule. I’m with Suho’s pack and Suho made it really clear that we won’t be having any human blood dripping from our claws anytime soon.” Baekhyun said straight forwardly. I must have made a face because he murmured a quick ‘Mianhe’.

“But believe me. You guys have nothing to worry about as long as you keep your mouths zipped tightly. Kris just doesn’t trust you girls.” said Baekyun.

“Seriously? Well that sheds some light on things” I said remembering when Kris said he would personally rip out our throats if we ever told anyone. Then an idea popped in my head.

“Say Baekhyun?” I said slowly. “You wouldn’t mind if I ask you some questions on…you know”

“ Err… Shouldn’t you be studying? Hey look at the time I should get going!” Baekhyun said standing up and already started walking out.

“Yah! Wait! Don’t you try to escape!” I grabbed his arm too fast and basically warped my arm around him.

“Sheesh I know I’m irresistible…AH! What was that for?!” I punched Baekhyun in the chest as soon as I let go. This guy is getting on my nerves. 

 “Avoiding the question. Now are you or are you not going to answer me?” I said following him out into the library.

“Fine. But let’s make a deal.” Baekhyun looked at me straight in the eye. “ If I answer your questions then I you owe me a favor. In the future. Because I can’t think of one now.”

“Fine…” I murmured as I followed Baekhyun to a secluded corner in between some shelves of graduation albums and old school magazines. He sat down on the floor with his back pressed against the window and gestured me to sit next to him. No one would come here, smart move Baekhyun.

   “First question, are you guys following us?” I  remembered how MinMin said when Lay appeared out of nowhere. Just like Baekhyun earlier. “ Cause the fact you appeared to be in the library at the same time with me doesn’t look like a coincidence.”

“Remember when Kris said we’ll keep a close eye on you guys? He meant that one. But if you’re asking about before everyone found out  then we knew you guys were up to something but you were just human’s so it was only times when we thought you were up to something where we sent out one person to check out the situation.” He explained.

“Okay, Do you guys shift regularly or during the full moon only?”

“Regularly, Full moons are just the times where our power gets the strongest so you have to shift that night or you get more than grumpy the next day”

“Seira said she’s seen you guys enter the woods from the girl’s dorm building side and there was a time that HaeYoun told me that Luhan had been there to”

“The trees over there are much closer to each other so it’s easier to stay hidden. About Luhan… you have to ask him yourself. He could have been shifting early or just wandering around like how we always do”

“So my biggest question now is. Why are you guys here? You guys don’t really go for classes and don’t even bother socializing with other people that much. I have a feeling you guys are after something. What’s your true purpose of being here?” I asked the the question that bothered me the most. For a second I thought I saw alarm in Baekhyun’s face but it shifted to a poker-face and shrug.

“Well our leaders, Suho and Kris…I guess they wanted us to try live our lives as humans for now. Seeing how we’re not really ready to go into the our side of reality yet.” He didn’t look at me but I didn’t press on.

‘Hey the sun is setting” Baekhyun turned to the window. I also turned, watching how the sun’s light transformed the sky into a ray of red and orange hue.

“It’s beautiful…” I murmured. Then I realize what time it was. I pulled Baekhyun up and dragged him out of the library with his eyes wide with surprise of my sudden move.

“Where are we going?” He asked still blurred out probably from staring at the sun. Pabo.

“CLASS. We are going to be late! I blame you” I said letting go of his hand.

“Yah! I thought it was something serious!” Baekhyun groaned which made me punch his arm. “Fine... I’ll go.”

We ended up late in class but I guess I learnt a bit more on one of EXO’s members than EXO themselves anyway.

END CHAPTER.

 


CheshaCat: After days of writers block I manage to come up with this. Don’t bite me readers if you were expecting some huge battle scene where the girls were gonna get killed instead and somehow ninja walk out of the whole thing. BUT it might be a while till the next update cuz I SERIOUSLY need to  get my freakin cosplay done. It might be 3 days till I start writing since I’m going full commando in fixing that maid outfit. Make sure to comment below I think of comments as messages from the outside of my wall*insert inspirational face*. Until then I bit Adieu!  (which is bye in a language I know nothing of XD) 

XxAiko_16xX : ngehehehehhe~~~! 4 you dear CheshaCat,

*Smirk* Imma gonna ask Ren Ren or Jenny or whoever i know thats gonna attend that day =_=ll  to take a picture of you winking to stanger later at the event & gonna post it~! ^O^ :P

Oh by the way to yoou all my dear readers do please(? -_-) Enjoy reading~! ^_^