Chapter 13

Curiosity Killed The Cat (DISCONTINUED)

3rd person’s POV

The air within dormroom 217 was hinged in silence. The kind of silence you would find after an argument. In this case, one had happen earlier, just before Lay stepped into the dorm room with Suho and Kris turned away from each other.

 

Lay stood at the doorway, hesitating his decision to just leave or stay. But if it wasn’t for the Kai and Sehun behind him he probably would have went with the first option. The two Alphas’ heads almost turn to the group of three in unison. Kris sighed and mumbled something to Suho before disappearing through the window.

Lay had a feeling he wasn’t supposed to be in the room but Suho gave him a smale smile, giving him the signal for him to sit on his bunk bed.

 

“Suho…Is everything okay?” He asked warily.

 

The Alpha nodded,” Kris just needed some air after we discuss about that incident. There’s going to be new commands.”

Lay raised his eyebrows after the last sentence. What did he mean new commands? He didn’t dare ask what that meant.

 

Kai and Sehun were apparently arranging a stack of files, marked with a big and obvious CONFIDENTIAL stamp, on the desk. Lay counted 6 and wondered what they were for. At the doorway, Luhan and Baekhyun stepped in, locking the door after.

 

“You called?” Baekhyun said looking a bit surprise. Luhan shifted nervously beside Baekhyun. Room 217 is Kris and Lay’s dorm room officially, but within EXO it tends to be like a meeting room of sorts. Getting called to the dorm room is like a student getting called by the principle.

 

“Okay since everyone’s here, minus Kris since he’s joining us later, there’s been a change in commands regarding the humans.” Suho started, his tone sounded as if he rehearsed everything before they were there. “Kris’s rule of ‘Not meeting or talking to them directly’ is dismissed. Since Baekhyun and Luhan are both Beta’s, your rank will go under probation for now.”

 

“Probation?! But I didn’t have any contact with them! Besides the dance… and I didn’t let anything slip out that time. Luhan you never did anything too right?” said Baekhyun almost whinning.

 

 Luhan seemed to have a sudden interest in the floor of the dorm room. Baekhyun almost bit his own tongue for saying the last part. Luhan was one of the reasons why the human’s found out about their secret. Knowing Kris, that guy probably wouldn’t even blink twice on lowering Luhan’s rank.

 

Suho looked like he wanted to sigh, “Since EXO-M Beta is on probation, EXO-K will have to follow too. Now for the reason Kris’s rule is being dismissed. We come to a decision to do a background check since the human’s we have now are quite…unusual seeing their behavior before the incident. Everyone will have to take shifts in watching them since we really can’t trust them.”

 

Suho looked to the Kai and Sehun who had the files in hand. Flipping a file open they started.

Seo MinMin. Currently, age 16,born on the 29th of September.Got into the school through a recommendation. Grades are above average and class performance seems fine. Discipline records, recorded that the student would zone out or sleep in class. Health records include being diagnose ADHD ‘Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.”

 

“Park Yujin. Age 19, born on 16th November. Got into the school through an invite from the school as the student is a major athlete and the school needed help with the lack of athletes. Discipline records, nothing recorded. Grades are above average. No medical record. Related to the student; Park HyeRin.”

 

“Kang Seira. Currently, age 18, born on the 11th of May. Got into the school through a scholarship. Grades are excellent. No discipline record. An honor’s student. No medical record. Related to the student, Kang HaeYoun.”

 

“Park HyeRin. Age 19,born on  10th of September. Got into the school through recommendation. Grades are average. Discipline records, Students dye’s hair to often and mostly in distracting colors and has a record of talking back to the teacher. No medical records. Related to the student Park Yujin.”

 

“Kang HaeYoun. Currently, age 1, born on the 16th of April. Grades are average. Discipline records…follows up to the Health record. Health record, includes being diagnose with ‘Identity Disorder’ the student misses almost all of her appointment with the school’s counselor. No discipline actions had been taken as it would make her condition worse. Related to Kang Seira.”

 

After they both finished everyone was silent until Baekhyun huffed a quiet. “Makes sense…”

“That girl HaeYoun needs pills for her mental health…It gives a little light on why she would act that way sometimes.” Luhan said his eyes rested at the file. Suho felt a jolt run down his spine at when Luhan said so, but he just brushed it off.

ADHD?” Kai murmured but Lay responded saying,

 

“That means she can’t concentrate on certain things for a long time. She didn’t have a medical history like HaeYoun though…”

 “That girl HyeRin has the same hobby as me!” Sehun said happily knowing that the girl liked dying her hair a lot like him.

“Wait, this really is an unusual group of humans... I’m going to assign 3 of you to the potential 3 humans that would stand a chance at letting out the secret.” Suho said, deep in thought.

 

EHH!?” Everyone in the room said in shock.

“Wait, did I say that out loud?” Suho blinked. He meant that to stay in his thoughts but everyone already heard it. “Well, I’m sure Kris would agree on it too…”

“B-But you said we were taking shifts! Are you saying 3 of us have to watch over 1 of them like…LIKE A PACK OF HUNGRY VULTURES?!” Sehun said almost shouting the last part.

 

“Actually 1 out of the 3 watches over 1 of them. I think I already decided on who to assign to.” Suho nodded seeing the plan form in his head. “Baekhyun is assign to HyeRin, Luhan is assign to HaeYoun and Lay should be assign to MinMin. We can drop the probation on you two if you do it.”

“But why me?! I was only here cause this was my room…” Lay frowned, rubbing the back of his neck. Baekhyun and Luhan didn’t say anything but their faces said they didn’t really want to do it.

 

“Because if Luhan’s is taken away you’ll might be the one Kris chooses to be the next Beta and you’re a the Caretaker of the pack. You should know or atleast have a basic idea on how to deal with MinMin. But MinMin seems the only one who actually wants to keep their distance from us but still holds a big risk since she’s ADHD.” Suho explained.

“Why can’t I just babysit MinMin instead of HyeRin?” Baekhyun complained, he stilled remembered that HyeRin was the most violent of all of them  when they captured all 5 off the humans.

 

“You had experience with handing HyeRin. HyeRin seems to be the rebellious type and if I’m correct the one who started suspecting us. Don’t even ask about Haeyoun, Luhan. She might be the biggest threat of all of them but…” Suho trailed off. He didn’t know why but he felt that there was some kind of connection with HaeYoun he wasn’t able to make out.

 

The three selected didn’t stay quiet long enough. The complained and Kai and Sehun tried to cheer them up but only made more noise.

“What’s with all the noise here?” Kris said entering the room from the window. Everyone knew that was his favorite way to enter.

“About the new commands Kris. I tell you about them later since I’m guessing you want to read the files alone.” Suho said as Kris walked over to the files stacked on the desk. Kai suddenly snapped his fingers.

 

“We didn’t read the last file.” Kai said standing up from the chair he sat on to take the file. Kris blocked him from taking it.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll read it later myself.” Kris said with a stoic face. “ I believe the meeting is dismissed Suho?”

Suho knew what he meant and nodded. “Let’s get back to our dorms and get ready for night classes.”

 

Everyone exchanged glances before heading out. Night classes didn’t begin in 2 hours but they didn’t question. Suho was the last to leave but he just gave glance to Kris and left. That left only Kris and a slightly confused Lay.

Kris looked at the file that wasn’t open yet.

“So…Who has been following us…” His mumbled to himself.

END OF CHAPTER.


CheshaCat : Sorry for the late update guys! The internet hates me-like burn me alive hates me-and the fact that the anime convention I’m cosplaying at is this weekend is nerve wracking. It makes me realize how fast time goes, I mean six months ago I was waiting for the costume to arrive and now the convention is just a day away ^._.^ Anyways, hope you get what this chap is about since it the reason for what happened to 2 chapters  ago. If you get it but Im sure ya do! Leave some comments below and thanks for the support you readers have given. See you next week!

XxAiko_16xX: Enjoy reading~! XDDD