08

Silently, Giddily.

"W-What do you mean?" Hyunwoo asked.

Then, the teacher entered at an untimely timing, interrupting the conversation.

 

After school..

The two boys went to the rooftop, to continue their unfinished topic.

"I have been dreaming about you a lot. Sometimes, you're pointing a gun at me. Other times, I am chasing after you..." Soohyun recalled his dreams.

Hyunwoo felt his shoulders slump as he tried not to show his disappointment. However, it was hard. Soohyun had raised his hopes high, thinking maybe his feelings were reciprocated. Every single passing second in class was torturing him as his hopes merely climbed another step higher. He pictured a blissful scene of cherry blossom but now, it was snowy winter before him. Soohyun who brought him high up into the skies was allowing him to crumble like this. He was so, so cruel but it appears that he would never know.

"Maybe, you're sleeping too much lately." Hyunwoo mumbled.

"And there was this once..." Soohyun paused as he looked around and stepped forward.

He thrown his lean arms around the latter and pressed his back against his chest. Hyunwoo's mouth parted slightly, both in surprise and shock. His hand awkwardly rose, wanting to hug him back when Soohyun spoke again,

"We were hugging like this, falling from a building. It's god damn weird, Hyunwoo."

Hyunwoo pushed his best friend away, biting his lips in anger and resentment.

He was demonstrating his dream to me. He didn't mean to hug me. He doesn't like me. 

"Why are you acting like this?!"

Hyunwoo's sudden outburst frightened Soohyun for a moment.

"Yah, Hyunwoo-ah-"

Hyunwoo slammed the rooftop door behind him as he sprinted his way down the spiral stairs. From above, Soohyun watched Hyunwoo disappear into the crowd of students.

"...But you used to like me in my dreams."

 

 

 

 


ps. Thank you to all subscriptions and comments! It's truly motivating and delightful to read your comments. Have a good day! ^~^