01

Silently, Giddily.

The little boy with hair black as coal was walking around the neighbourhood aimlessly. He stopped for a moment and stared. The kids were gleefully playing at the playground. He watched them unmovingly before proceeding on. The thought of sliding down sand-stained slides, swinging back and forth rubber swings did not appeal to him at all. Turning into the alley filled with bulky, discarded articles here and there, he navigated his way through skilfully. His headphones were still on and he wondered why. Perhaps it has become a habit for him and old habits die hard. Then, he saw him. He would never, ever forget their first encounter. The sight was amusing for the boy with headphones on. He was certain he would have captured the scene with a camera if he had not left home with only his old generation ipod. With a brown twig in his hand, the boy was slashing at the air in a pretty self-amused manner.

"Who is there?" he suddenly yelled, causing the other to jump in surprise.

Embarrassed, he stepped out of hiding. Rubbing the back of his nape, Hyunwoo blushed slightly. He met eyes with his honest gaze and he couldn't tear away from it.

"Who are you?" he asked.

Hyunwoo removed his headphones although he did not see the need to. After all, there was no music.

"M-My name is l-lee hyun woo." He hated himself for stuttering before the new boy.

The stranger chuckled and Hyunwoo found his actions rude, but he couldn't bring himself to be mad seeing the way his eyes twinkled.

"In that case, my name is k-kim soo hyun."

The two stared at one another for several seconds and soon, a hearty laughter erupted from the two.

"You sure are slow to get jokes." Soohyun noted.

Hyunwoo smiled at his words as he turned to his right and picked up a broken twig from the ground.

"This. Would you teach me how to play?" he asked.

In a swift moment, Soohyun placed the twig at Hyunwoo's neck, causing him to stumble back by a step. Knocking into the carton of stuff behind, Hyunwoo almost fell but Soohyun pulled him back just in time. Another thing Hyunwoo noticed that day was this Kim Soohyun had fast reflex. And somehow, the fact didn't seem new to him.

With a childish smirk, Soohyun said, "Let's play."

"B-But first, you've got to let me go..." Hyunwoo said as he removed his hand from his arm consciously.