07

Silently, Giddily.

"Have you forgotten your roots?"

"Report your team and position."

"Did you grow attached to the South Korean grandmother? If yes, I'd have to kill you, captain."

"Who are you exactly?" 

Soohyun jolted awake and quickly switched on his lamp light. It was haunting him again. Those images, those scenes which felt so real. 

"That voice..." He mumbled to himself. 

He could never get it wrong.

"Don't move or I'll kill you." Hyunwoo removed his finger from Soohyun's back and chuckled. 

Soohyun was staring at him in a way that surprised Hyunwoo. He straightened his back and stopped laughing. 

Jabbing him from the side, he asked, "Yah. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Soohyun shook his head and walked on. 

Stealing glances at Soohyun once in a while, the two reached school without Hyunwoo's realization. 

"Oppa!" Jieun hopped over with a bright smile. 

Hyunwoo jumped a little in surprise before choking out a forced smile. 

"Hi." He gave her a small wave. 

Since the day he tried to hang out with Jieun, Hyunwoo realized it doesn't work. And he felt bad for making use of her. Therefore, he decided to distant from her again, not wanting to hurt an innocent party. He wanted to allow himself to follow his heart until the day when he's stopped from doing so. He wish for the day to never come though. 

"Time for class." Hyunwoo gestured, breaking eye contact with her. 

He dragged Soohyun along to classroom quickly, heaving a sigh of relief when they settled in their seats. 

"Hyunwoo-ah." 

He turned to face his best friend, puzzled as to what he was going to say. It was the first sentence he had spoken since morning. 

"Have you ever seen me in your dreams?" 

"Countless of times...Even though I told myself I shouldn't dream of you, you still come to my dreams." Hyunwoo answered in his mind. 

"Why would I even dream of you? Hahaha." Hyunwoo laughed it off, looking away in the process. 

"I dreamt of you several times though." Soohyun said. 

Hyunwoo turned to his right and stared at his best friend for the longest time.

"C-Could it be... Soohyun feels the same way too?" Hyunwoo thought to himself.