18

Silently, Giddily.

"We have been waiting for a long time, kiddos." The man with a huge scar on his face smirked as his gang stepped closer to them. 

"It's the ahjussi from the club that day." Soohyun whispered. 

"Get them." The man shouted and the menacing looking men lunged forward at his command. 

"Run!" Soohyun shouted as he grabbed Hyunwoo's arm. 

They quickly ran into the nearby multi-storey carpark and sprinted up the spiral staircase leading to the rooftop without much thought. 

"Do you think they will find us here?" Hyunwoo was panting heavily as sweat drenched his shirt. 

At his words, the rootop door flung open. Hiding behind the wall, the two held their breath, hoping they wouldn't be discovered. 

The sound of the metal bat dragging against the concrete floor inched closer to them bit by bit. 

"Found you." The man with the scar on his face laughed and dragged the two of them out. 

Throwing them onto the ground, the other men started hitting them mercilessly as if they were ragged dolls. 

Soohyun and Hyunwoo held onto each other tightly, shielding each other in the process. 

"What are you doing?!" A familiar voice screamed. 

"Don't into other people's businesses, darling. You'll get hurt." The man with the scar warned as he Eunji's cheek. 

Kicking him in the shin, Eunji ran towards the boys. Without seconds, she was pinned down by the others. 

The man with the scar spat on the ground as he picked up the metal bat. 

"I told you that you'll get hurt, didn't I?" he smiled and aimed the metal bat at Eunji's head. 

"NOOOOO-" The two shouted but it was too late. Eunji fell to the ground the next instant lifelessly from the impact of the brutal hit. 

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU-" Soohyun went berserk as he broke free and started throwing punches at the man with the large scar. 

Without realisation, fighting moves that he never knew took over unconsciously as he retaliated.  

Soohyun knew he was about to win but he paused. They had a gun pointed at Hyunwoo's head. There was no way he could continue this fight anymore. 

The man with a scar pointed another gun at Soohyun's head with a smirk. He pulled the trigger and fear overtook Soohyun. History was going to repeat itself. 

"You messed with the wrong man, kiddo. The number of people we have killed is more than the people you've met in your life." He laughed like a madman. 

"Throw them down." 

The two boys were pushed to the edge of the building the next moment and they looked into each other's eyes, taking in their last moment. 

"Captain." Hyunwoo called out. He had remembered everything too.

"You-" Soohyun choked at his words upon realisation. 

"You know, I thought we will have a happy ending this time." Hyunwoo flashed a bitter smile. 

"Move away, I will finish them off myself." The leader took an aim at Hyunwoo's back and Soohyun quickly spun him around, taking the blow in his stead. 

The bullet pierced through his flesh as blood oozed out profusely. Frantically, Hyunwoo covered his wound with his hand but blood still flowed out non-stop.

"Sorry." Soohyun whispered as he lost his balance and fell off the building. Closing his eyes, Hyunwoo allowed himself to free fall alongside with Soohyun. 

"Hyunwoo-yah, if we were to reborn again in our next life...What do you want to be?"

"I would still want to live next door to your ordinary family. What about you?"

"I wish we wouldn't meet again if I were to cause you so much pain like this."