Stealing A Short Precious Free Time

You Are My Brother

Chapter 2

Stealing A Short Precious Free Time

 

A true friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be anywhere else.

Len Wein

 

 

 

"Good morning, Junsu!"

When Junsu was eating his breakfast, a very loud  and familiar voice came to his ear. He looked up and found a figure approaching him smiling widely. The presence of the 8-months-older man didn't surprise him since he had used to this man being in this mansion every morning. The morning visit by the older man was always due to filling his duty as an assistant anyway.

"Good morning, Hyukjae-yah." Junsu replied casually. "Want to have breakfast?"

"Nope, I already had one." Hyukjae turned down the offer politely as he sat across Junsu. The surrounding was just as usual as he knew, but  certainly something was off. And it had to be with the man in front of him. "Are you watching soccer last night?"

Junsu startled with the blunt question, which was definitely true. "How-"

Hyukjae shrugged nonchalantly. The habit of the younger man had been kept locked in his mind since forever. "Your face tells me. Anyway, your eyes is not more lively than a statue and soccer is the only answer, right? What else?"

"Well, you know me too much. What can I say?" Junsu said in defeat.

"Whatever." Hyukjae chuckled. Of all characters in this world, somehow, Junsu ended up to be a transparent person. He was very transparent that Hyukjae could exactly know where he was at that time, what he ate in a whole day, and that sort of information. But Hyukjae considered it as a good side of him since he would be saved from being crazy over someone whereabout.

"Hey, I heard Changmin attended his morning class today. Is that true?" Hyukjae asked as curiousity had eaten him. The youngest heir of the famous Kim family, his best friend's little brother, or whatever he was called had always missed his morning class ever since he was registered as a student of Seoul University.

"It's true. He left earlier to which I believe coming to his morning class. He brouht his backpack, just for you know." Junsu stated as a mater of fact. Bringing the backpack along was something Changmin always do if he went to attend his class.

"It's really a good news, I suppose." 

"Well, something there must have interested him. Or should I say someone?" Junsu smirked.

Hyukjae immediately knew what he was talking about. "Do you think it was because of that ?"

"I should have been done it in long time ago if I knew this will happen." Junsu said in a most grateful tone he had. "I'm happy for him, anyway."

"You could be true about him. I think he likes her very much." Hyukjae said, referring to their conversation few days ago.

"It's so obvious, isn't it?" Junsu let out a long sigh. But this time, he felt relieved. "Let's hope it would be last long."

It was one step forward for the goodness. He didn't really mind about the reasons as long as Changmin got to be a better one. His Changmin now was far beyond his expectation. He wished for a miracle that can make his Changmin back. Like how he was when they were child.

 

-----

 

"Hey, Changmin hyung!" A male student greeted warmly as he met Changmin in the parking lot. Seeing Changmin in the college in the morning was the last thing he could expected. "You're really Kim Changmin, right? Nice to see you in the morning."

Changmin simply smiled. "You have to get used to it from today onwards, Minho."

Choi Minho was the only one he could count on among his classmates. Even though Minho was two years old younger than him, his feeling told him that Minho was gonna be a good friend for him.

Changmin and Minho separated in front of the A building and Minho went to the adminisration first before coming to the class while Changmin headed straight to the classroom. Once he entered the class, his smile spreaded in his face and he slumped to a chair right beside the girl he had been looking at.

"Good morning, Yoorim-ah." He said gleefully as he pulled his textbook out from his super big backpack.

"Good morning, Changmin-ah." She replied as she smiled nervously. She obviously couldn't ignore the fact that all the faces in the class was eyeing them in amazement.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned. He sensed the inconveniences she felt.

"Is there something wrong with me? I prefer not making problem in my second day transferred here." She finally said. "Or is it you? They are looking at you, right?"

"Believe me, they're just making a big fuss over my first presence in morning class. No big deal,"

 

-----

 

Junsu walked in one of the corridor in the Seoul Hospital. It was in the fifth floor where the VVIP room was placed. He stopped when he found the room. There was two man wearing black suits in front of the room who immediately bowed to him.

The door opened only to reveal a sight of a man lying helplessly on the bed. The oxygen mask covered half of his face. His face was so pale. His powerful father looked so fragile at this time.

Junsu felt loss. He didn’t expect everything turned to be like this. Never ever once in his entire life.

Junsu approached the bed and just then a woman went out of the bathroom. Junsu smiled at her and hugged her lovingly. "Good morning, Mom."

"Good morning, honey." She replied soflty as they sat on the chair next to the bed.

"Have you had breakfast, Mom?" His mother's health was always first. "You have enough rest, right?"

His mother raised his hand to his cheek lovingly. "I'm fine, Junsu. Nah, what about you both? You and your brother are in a good shape, aren't you?"

Junsu smiled bitterly. "You can say so, Mom. He even didn't missed his morning class again."

"Really?" She looked so happy with this little progress of the youngest. "He did come here yesterday though."

"I think we definitely have to thank whoever behind his change." Junsu said. "But definitely not me, I assurd you."

She laughed. "Why? You are his brother, right?"

"Mom, please... even a rat in our house would know how we were around each other." Junsu said jokingly.

She smiled and hold his hand. "Junsu-yah, can I ask you for something?"

"Mmm... okay, what is it?" Junsu asked hesitantly.

"I want you to promise me that you won't leave your brother no matter what happen. Even when everyone turn their back on him. Even when mom and dad left him."

Frankly, he couldn't help but to say yes. "Of course, Mom."

She knew her oldest son always fulfilled her expectation. No matter what it was, he always did. Somehow she felt proud to have this very nice young man as one of their family. Eventhough it didn't lessen his grateful to have the other son. The other son, although he seemed so mischievous as a boy, he always cared of all the family members. Only his pride that was so high that made him look careless about his family.

"Mom, I know sometimes I sounded too harsh on him, but it's for his future. Believe me, all of this is always for him." Junsu said gently. "I'm sorry if I didn't satisfy you, Mom. I'm sorry. I'm...,"

"Sssshh... You're not," She kissed his forehead and hugged him tightly. "You always do good, Junsu. And you will always be."

Junsu buried his head on her shoulder. It had been very long time since he felt this warm hug. It was always calm him down. It was almost like all the problem he had now didn't really matter as long as he had his mother who always supported him. And now he felt this hug again right when he needed it. It was right the moment he needed someone to rely on.

 

-----

 

Tok tok tok! Someone knocked Junsu’s office room.

“Come in.” Junsu was still checking some paper on the desk when the door was opened. It must be Taeyeon, he thought. That’s why he didn’t need to look up.

“Good morning, oppa!” A melodious voice of a girl got into his ear.

Junsu turned his head up and surprised to see who the girl was. The girl approached him and they hugged each other tightly. It was Kim Heechan, his girlfriend for almost three years. They just didn’t meeting in one week, but it felt months for him.

“Why didn’t you call me before?” Junsu asked as she naughtily hugged him from behind.

"I did... call your secretary." Heechan giggled cutely. He couldn't resist it and then surprised her with a peck on her lips. She blushed and it was his turn to laugh heartily.

Apparently Heechan worked in a private hospital which was only 7 minutes away from his office. She was a smart girl as she had finished her medical school and became a doctor in such a young age, twenty one years old for exact. Yes, their age difference indeed were 5 years apart. Not much, right?

Because of their work, they were very busy lately. She almost didn't have free time and so did he, especially this last months. They only met about 4 times.

Junsu moved her to sit on his lap. "So, how is your work? Is there any interesting story about your patient or friends maybe?"

"Nope." She looked up. "Anyway, I heard that you've been overworking with yourself. Is that true?"

Junsu frowned. "Where did you hear that from? Is it Hyukjae?"

"Well, yes, but you need to answer me." She insisted.

"The company was kind of unstable these weeks, but now it already done." He defended himself. "And if I might say, it's not overworking. It's hardworking."

"Somethimes I really need to get rid of him. Should we shut him up?" Junsu said jokingly. Heechan did laugh for minutes, and it was heard harmoniously in his ear.

"Was it hard? Your new work," She asked concerned.

"It did hard for me, but I think it will be more easy if you keep around me. Don't you think so?" Junsu chuckled at his own word. It sounded so cheesy in his ear. He kissed Heechan’s head lovingly and then hugged her tightly.

Junsu knew Heechan blushed. Her cheek was as red as tomato. She kept looking down to hide it, although she knew it would be useless. Junsu chuckled again and pulled her in a tight hug.

“Ah, how I missed you…” Junsu muttered as he kissed the top of her head. She leaned her head at her boyfriend’s chest. It was so pleasant resting like this.

They just met after one week working busily. But it was look like God still didn’t want giving them enough time to spend together. Because five minutes later, their romance situation disappeared like a wind. There was three good-looking man barging into the room.

“Oops! Do we interrupting something? You're not doing something naughty, don't you?” The shorter man with black hair teased.

Junsu looked at them with an annoyed look while Heechan stood up and greeted them one by one. They were Junsu's best friends which meant Heechan's best friends too. The blonde one was Jaejoong, the black hair and shorter was Yoochun, and the tallest one was Yunho. Finally after seemed a long time, all five of them could meet together.

After the greeting session, now they were sitting on the couch, except Junsu who had back to his executive chair. He had papers waiting for him in his desk.

"Jaejoong hyung, Yunho hyung, Yoochun-ah... Don't you all have something to do?" Junsu asked, frowning. "It's just kind of weird that you all show up without any news before."

The boys, except Junsu, got cornered with that simple question. How could they told him that they want to cheer him up? They were told by Hyukjae this morning that their dear friend here was already tiring himself up these last weeks. And they agreed to  hang out together today. At least they had to make him coming for lunch together.

"Why? Can't we?" Yunho hyung replied back.

Jaejoong laughed awkwardly and looked at his watch. “Guys, don't you hungry? Llet’s get lunch together! It’s already lunch’s time.”

"It's a good idea. I'm in!" Yoochun exclaimed.

With a short glance, Jaejoong immediately knew that Yunho would be joining them.

"I'm free for the rest of the day." Heechan said as she realized the blonde staring at her questioningly. And then she looked at her boyfriend. "Junsu oppa, you're coming, right?"

Junsu played with his ballpoint and looked at them with a glint of guilty in his eyes. “I 'll have a meeting with the staff after lunch. I don’t think that it will be better to having lunch outside. You know, I’ll get trapped in the trafficjam."

“Come on, we’ve never been having time together since God knows when…” Jaejoong said desperately. A bit exaggerated like always.

“You can just reschedule the meeting, oppa…” Heechan pouted, showing her sour face. Who knows that it could change his mind?

“It’s just the meeting with the staff… Anyway, you’re the boss here, if I'm not mistaken.” Yoochun added.

They made Junsu felt more uneasy. They knew that Junsu was too kind for his own good. This kind of insulting should have made him change his mind. But this time, he was also be responsible for his company, which made him didn't fall easily to their trick.

"But still, I have works waiting for me. I just can't abandon it to have a free time." Junsu refused.

Suddenly Yunho stood up. He had a frightening smirk on his face. Yoochun immediately knew his intention and also stood up grinning. They knew Yunho’s habit very well. Sometimes he intended to do something with strength and that kind of thought made Junsu shuddered in fear. It must be something unexpectedly and it would happen soon.

"Yah~ W-what are you gonna do?" Junsu stuttered. He felt the danger somehow.

“Why don’t we dragging him out, so our plan still run smoothly?” Yunho said as he made Junsu stood up.

"Looks like a good idea to me." Yoochun smirked.

Junsu was taken aback as he saw the two men signaling each other with their stare. "Yah! Don't even try to-"

Before he finished his line, Junsu was already taken out from his lovely chair forcefully. He was struggling quite hard, but his strength was nothing compared to two men with each physical strength as good as him.

They were really dragging Junsu out of the room. Each one of his friends instantly picked role to do. He was being guarded by Yunho and Yoochun in both side, while Jaejoong made sure to make a way for them and Heechan brought her lover belonging.

The secretary smiled brightly witnessing the scene. It was quite amusing watching their powerful boss being dragged away. But somehow, she had been waiting for this since days ago. Their boss seldom got his lunch outside the company. She couldn't help to worry about her boss.

“Taeyeon-sshi, he’ll be back around 1 or 2 pm. So, please cancel his schedule at that time. Thank you.” Heechan said to the secretary.

“I’d love to, Miss.” The secretary bowed politely.

 

-----

 

Changmin parked his sport motorcycle in the garage and then he entered the house. He had been in the college in the whole day. Sometimes he just wanted to finish his task as a college student. He was in the medical faculty after all. He couldn’t just depend on his family’s name. He should study more serious to be a good doctor.

There was a maid that opened the door for him.

“Welcome home, Young Master.” The maid greeted as she bowed politely. But Changmin didn’t bother to even look at her. He was known as the coolest among the other member family. He just passed her away.

When he was in the living room, he met the other maid who asked him what needed to be prepared for him.

"Make me a hot chocoate." Changmin ordered as he sat down on the couch and the TV. He was sure no one was home. "Where is Junsu hyung? I didn’t see his car outside.”

"He didn’t going home yet, Young Master.”

Changmin nodded. “You can go,”

Changmin frowned. So he didn't come home yet. Then Changmin changed the channel on the TV with a glint of hope he would find his brother attending one of the music show. And he was damn right.

…Yeah, how is it tonight? Very cool, huh? We still have one more guest. He is the most amazing singer on this country. People said he has the voice of an angel. And who is that? Let’s welcome Xiah Junsu…!!!” The host in the TV said cheerfully.

Accompanied with the storm of cheering from the audience, Junsu showed up charismatically. He was very handsome with his stage outfit. A moment later, Junsu sang his song ina very wonderful way.

A smile formed in Changmin's lips. He didn’t know why, but he always amazed with his hyung’s performances. As a singer, Junsu was a good model for his juniors, Changmin thought. While Junsu was singing and dancing on the stage, his charisma explded. His real charisma that wouldn’t be showed in the normal circumstance.

Changmin did love to watch Junsu’s performance secretly. Somehow, he found it pretty interesting and he admitted sometimes he stayed all night to wait him showing up in that flat screen, when there was a live concert aired in TV. But no one knew it. He didn’t need to make bigger his hyung’s head which was already big enough. If needed, he would keep this secret until the end of this world.

 

-----