Chapter 11

You Are My Brother

Chapter 11

 

“Junsu-yah, do you really break up with her?” Yoochun stared at Junsu curiously. As far as he knew, Junsu loved her very much, even more than he himself. Their relationship was fine, although Junsu was cold to her recently. But still, Yoochun didn’t found a big issue that could make them breaking up.

The news about the breaking up was spread like a wind. Just by one day, everyone who watched their TV or read the newspaper would know this. When the three of them heard this for the first time, they didn’t believe it. They thought that the reporters just made some rumors. But unfortunately, it didn’t.

“Yes, like what you heard.” Junsu said bluntly. His eyes gazed on the park outside the cafe, but his mind was somewhere else. How could he concentrate looking at the kids who was playing at the park when all of his friends interrogate him like this?

 “How could that happen?” Yunho and Jaejoong said in unison. Both of them supposed to laugh in the normal state, but now, they just glared at each other and turned back their focus to the main topic, Junsu.

“Why did you break up? I always think that both of you fit each other.” Yoochun commented as he drank his beverage.

“I heard that you cheated on her. Is that right?” Jaejoong asked carefully. Actually he could guarantee that Junsu was not that type of a man. But confirming it once again wouldn’t be a matter, right?

Junsu sipped his juice and stared at them. “What do you think?”

They kept silent. They didn’t know what to answer. Should they say they didn’t believe it? Or the opposite?

“You didn’t cheat on her.” Yunho said, finally.

Yoochun nodded in agreement. “You won’t cheat on someone.”

“Yeah, and I could not believe that in any way, actually.” Jaejoong added.

Junsu smiled quietly. He was slightly happy to hear that. His friends was never mistaken him and his character, no matter what he did. Because deep in their heart, they knew that there must be a reasonable excuse behind Junsu’s act.

“But you still don’t answer our question yet.” Yunho said.

“Yeah, why did you break up?” Jaejoong asked for the second time.

Junsu’s body was stiffened at the question. He looked away to the park through the huge wall-glass as if no question had been asked.

They knew that gaze meant. His eyes gave them everything they wanted. It was independent and cold. But somehow it looked fragile and sad.

“It’s okay, if you don’t want to tell us now.” Yunho said as he patted the younger’s shoulders.

“Just remember, we’ll always be on your side, whatever your decision is.” Yoochun said sincerely.

“Thanks.” Junsu turned his head to the others and let out a small smile. It was very small that was almost disguised by his bitter expression.

Junsu melted at the courage words. Sometimes he found himself was hesitate whether he made a wrong decision or the right one hiding this from them. But he knew that it was not the right time for them to know, although he realized that they had to know it someday.

 

********************

 

“Excuse me; do you know where Yoorim is? Lee Yoorim, majoring in architecture grade 4th.” Junsu asked to one of the college students who just passed by.

“I think I saw her earlier in the park.” The college student answered.

“Oh, I see… Thank you,” Junsu said as he left immediately to the park behind the main building.

Junsu was enough seeing his younger brother acted strange all this week. The fact that Changmin and Yoorim didn’t make up yet was really bothering him. He couldn’t stand looking at how depressed his brother was without Yoorim. That was enough to lead him meeting her. No matter what it took, Yoorim and Changmin should make up. This time, he had to make a step forward to the best for their relationship.

As soon as he arrived, Yoorim was working on something in her laptop. Junsu was lucky to have her alone this time. Junsu approached her enthusiastically.

“Anyyeong, Yoorim-ah!” Junsu greeted warmly. Yoorim lifted up her face and was surprised to see his presence here.

“Junsu oppa! Nice to see you…” Yoorim said as she moved her laptop to her lap and signaled him to sit down.

“Are you busy or something?” Junsu asked first. He sighed in relief as she shook her head.

“Nice to meet you too, Yoorim-ah.” Junsu sat down next to her. “I’m glad you’re still alive and not in a depression state.”

Yoorim punched him lightly. “Yah, oppa, I’m not gonna be like that or even close to that, you know?”

Junsu laughed at her. It was nice to joke around with your childhood friend. It seemed like their past memories were played again in your mind. They realized how different they were, compared to when they were child. Now each of them had their own activity that made them too busy to even have a free time together.

“What bring you here, oppa?”

“Are you still mad at him?” Junsu asked carefully.

Her smile vanished as soon as she heard the question. Then she slightly smiled. “Why? Was he the one who sent you here?”

Junsu raised an eyebrow. “Nope, I come on my own. Moreover, why would I want to be his messenger? I’m not her slave anyway.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, oppa.” She looked down and pouted. “So, you’re not…”

Junsu felt guilty looking at her gloomy face. Perhaps she wanted him to. Junsu’s brain was working the fastest ever. He wanted to find a reasonable excuse to clean Changmin from all charges.

“Actually, I come here to explain something.” Junsu said spontaneously.

She looked at him questioningly.

“That day was my fault for sure. You should not blame him.” Junsu scratched the back of his head awkwardly. “Before he was asleep, he told me to check on him at 10 o’clock, just half hour before you came. But I forgot that. That’s why he was still sleeping when you came.”

Yoorim stunned. She was swallowing Junsu’s words. Is everything that he said was true? But how did Changmin never say it?

Junsu examined her looks intensely as if something was gonna burst out from that face. He hoped that the girl would believe him right away. He didn’t know why he said that, something that even was never happened. He didn’t remember Changmin told him that, because Changmin never did it. It was the only thing which came to his mind.

“Are you sure, oppa?” Yoorim wanted to make sure once again.

Junsu nodded innocently. “Of course, why would I lie to you?”

Suddenly a smile formed on her lips. “Thank you, oppa. I think I will forgive him.”

Junsu sighed in relief once he heard that. Finally his sacrifice was never useless. Yoorim forgave Changmin and they would soon make up. His mission was done.

“Junsu oppa, may I ask you something?” Yoorim asked seconds later. She stared at the sky, smiling.

“Yes, miss. You can ask me anything and I will answer sincerely.” Junsu said confidently.

Yoorim chuckled and stared back at the sky. “Why do you do all of this? I mean, It’s not easy for you to have a free time, moreover just for this small misunderstanding.”

Perhaps because once Junsu looked at how Changmin regretted his fault, he couldn’t just stand there with nothing. He had the urge to help him. He would answer it like these if he was sure that those words represented what he meant. Unfortunately, it didn’t.

Junsu was wandering whether he should tell her or not. He was not sure that she would understand his answer.

“Why there was always a reason to do something?” Instead of answering the question, Junsu questioned back.

“Everyone will perform better and more willingly when we know why we’re doing what we have told or asked or have to do.” Yoorim smiled calmly and turned his head to Junsu. “So, what’s yours?”

Junsu smiled. “I’ll do everything willingly for his goodness, Yoorim-ah. He is my brother and this is what I should do for him.”

Yoorim spaced out in her own mind. She already knew the answer without him answering. Somehow she found sincerity in her soon-brother-in-law’s eyes. He made her, salute for everything he did. She gave her two thumbs up for his willing help his brother to solve the problem. That is exactly what someone has to do for their sister or brother.

Whether they realized or not, there was a pair of eyes looking at them intensely. Those eyes were somehow filled with anger. He or she already felt helpless when accidently saw them. And he or she was getting more and more frustrated in each second watching them from a distance until he or she couldn’t stand it anymore and left the spot with indescribable feeling.


********************

 

“Hankyung hyung, had Changmin gone home?” Junsu asked to the chief butler.

“Young Master Changmin is not home yet, Young Master.” Hankyung said politely.

Junsu threw his body to the couch in the living room. Junsu just went home from the company and he felt horribly tired. He was luck that he didn’t collapse today.

“Okay, thanks, hyung. You can go.” Right after Junsu said that, Hankyung bowed and left.

Junsu intended to wait his brother go home. Because the tiredness was too much for him to handle, he was fast asleep in that couch, still with his formal suit on his body.

Few hours later, the sound of the bell ringing loudly woke him up from his peaceful sleep. He rubbed his eyes lazily and sat up. He glanced at the wall clock and realized that it was already midnight. Is that Changmin? Why does he just go home at this late hour?

Junsu walked to the front door and opened it. He widened his eyes at the sight in front of him, a drunken Changmin holding tightly to the door and he was absolutely half asleep. Junsu glared at him. He was upset for sure. He never taught his brother like this. How could his brother go home with this condition whereas he knew exactly that alcohol wasn’t allowed to be here?

“Yah, what did you do, huh?! Go home in this late hour and is drunk like an uneducated people,” Junsu scolded the younger, absolutely pissed off.

Changmin didn’t bother to respond as he walked in just like that. He purposely hit Junsu’s shoulder with his own shoulder. Junsu knew that Changmin was in a bad mood. Usually he would just let him go and talked again when they had calm down.

But tonight was different. Both of them had their own problem and were in a very bad mood. The older one wanted the younger to act and think maturely. But the younger one was pissed off because sort of misunderstanding with his eyes and he felt burning just because seeing the elder’s face.

Junsu closed the door immediately and caught up his brother in his arms. He couldn’t stand looking at his brother who was staggering while holding anything near him. Just before Junsu put the hand on his shoulders, Changmin jerked his hand harshly.

“Yah, you can’t even walk properly and you still reject my help?” There was an annoyance in Junsu’s tone.

Changmin lifted up his gaze and gave the older a piercing stare. Perhaps Junsu could be bleeding so badly if that stare could stab him in reality. Junsu shivered a little. Changmin was like possessed. If Junsu’s strength compared to Changmin, he was lost for sure.

“You talk too much, you know?!” Changmin yelled as he walked to Junsu in the fastest way. He punched Junsu right in his face. Junsu who was not ready yet, was thrown few steps backward. The corner of his lips was bleeding.

Junsu was too surprised to fight back. The fact that his only brother punched him just now hurt him so much that everyone could imagine.

“Why you do always pissed me off, hyung?! You took away everything from me, you bastard!” Changmin shouted annoyingly. He took a step forward and grabbed the older by the collar and then hit him again. He continually hit his brother for few times and threw him on the floor.

Junsu was slammed harshly to the cold floor. He winced in pain as he held his stomach. His body felt numb. His appearance was a mess. His shirt was untidy and some the buttons were gone. The corner of his lips was bleeding and there was a purple spot in his cheek bone.

The maids were coming and were surprised to see their masters fighting. They approached Junsu to make sure that he was fine.

Junsu was upset for sure. His eyes flashed anger. He jerked every hand that wanted to help him. He stood up in a blink of an eye and was about to punch back to Changmin right when Changmin was unguarded. But just when his fist was only within 5 cm away from Changmin’s face, he stopped. Instead of hitting the face, Junsu lowered his hand and looked away. Something stopped him to doing so.

 

********************

 

 

All of us perform better and more willingly when we know why we're doing what we have tod or asked to do.  Zig Ziglar

 

 

 

Please do subscribe, comment, or criticize . . . *bow*

I really appreciate all of you ... ^_^

 

Thank you for the new subscribers and I love you . . . <3 <3 <3