Chapter 7

You Are My Brother

The previous scene:

"Oh my God... The car was broken into pieces. No wonder the victims were dead." Hyukjae commented as he turned his head to Junsu.

 

 

"That's my car..." Junsu whispered.

 

 

"Where is it now?" He asked.

"In Busan..." Junsu said weakly. He looked down as if his head had no weight. "... with my mother."

 

 

Chapter 7

 

Suddenly Junsu's cell phone rang, breaking the silence. Slowly, he took the cell phone out of his pocket and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"May I talk to Mr. Kim Junsu?"

"Yeah, that's me. May I know who this is?"

"I'm a police officer. I want to inform you, that your car, a black Limousine with car plate number xxxxxx, just got into a car accident in Busan fifteen minutes ago."

"W-what?" Junsu asked, much to himself. It was the car which supposed to bring his men and his mother. “How are the passengers?”

"There were three victims. Twoof them were dead and the other one was in critical condition and still being treated."

Junsu drew in a taut breath, feeling the nerves tensed up. The worries were eating him. It supposed to bring his most trusted men and his beloved mother.

“The critical one, is it he or she?”

“It is she, Sir.”

Junsu felt relieved, although he didn’t know for sure who was the exactly passengers. At least, he had hope that she was his mother if his mother was really in that car.

“It would be better if you come here to take care of everything since you are the owner of the car, Sir. There were several things that need your cooperative.”

"Yes, of course, Sir. I'm going there now." Junsu said as he closed his cell phone. He rubbed his face helplessly. The guilt was haunting him. He shouldn't send them there.

He had just one thing in his mind. Whatever it took, he had to go to Busan as soon as possible. He had to make sure whether the victims were like as it supposed to be or not.

"What's wrong?" A familiar voice came to Junsu's ear. He could tell it was Jaejoong.

Junsu lifted up his head. "My car got into an accident in Busan. They found 3 bodies. Twoof them weredead and the other onewasstill being treated."

“Who are them?” Yoochun asked carefully.

Junsu looked away. “Itsupposed to be the driver, Kibum, and my mother.”

The room which was as silence as a cemetery, became full of whisper. They whispered to each other which obviously talked about him. It was the opposite from Junsu’s friends which were speechless. They knew how much Junsu loved his family and his most trusted men, Kim Kibum.

“Hyukjae, prepare the private jet. I’m going to Busan now.” Junsu said firmly as he walked out of the room with his friends following behind. “And cancel all the meeting today.”

The atmosphere was getting strained as Junsu told Hyukjae to prepare the private jet. The Kim Company had a private jet for emergency situation which happened occasionally.

“Do you going there alone or with Changmin?” Yunho asked as they got into the elevator.

 “I’m alone. Changmin still has his lecture and I’m not sure when will I come back here. So it’s better that he stay here to accompany my father.” Junsu always kept his promise and he promised his mother that either he or Changmin would accompany their father when his mother was gone.

“You’re not going alone. I’m going with you.” Jaejoong made a decision all of sudden. Somehow he had a bad feeling about this and one of the three had to be there for Junsu if something bad happened. They would never let down their best friend.

“Don’t you have some schedule or else?” Yunho asked with a frown. Jaejoong was a popular singer after all. He should have busy schedule, right?

"I had no schedule until next week, so that is."

“Whatever. We will go right now.” Junsu said as he exited the elevator.

^¥^¥^¥^

“Changmin-ah, don’t be childish. You have lectures and we don’t know when I will back.” Junsu said on the phone line. He told Changmin about everything and for some minutes they have argued whether Changmin should come or not.

Junsu sat on the luxury couch inside the private jet while Jaejoong was spending his time with his iPhone, perhaps checking the latest news in the internet.

"I'm going with you, hyung. I don't want to just sit peacefully here when I even don't know where mom is."Changmin persisted. He was standing on the rooftop of his faculty building. There was times where he needed a fresh air to refresh his mind. He was typing his college assignment on his laptop while Junsu called him and told him about ‘that’.

"No, Changmin-ah. You have to be here while I'm out of town. You will take care of dad."

Just before Changmin threw a word, Junsu cut him off. "We promised mom that we'll accompany dad here every day. I'm not gonna broke it, Changmin-ah. A man must keep his promise."

Junsu successfully shut his brother up. Changmin looked away which obliviously Junsu couldn’t see. On the other place, Junsu was thinking what to say to convince the younger boy.

“Excuse me, Sir.” A stewardess said politely. “We will take off soon.”

Junsu nodded. After the stewardess left him, Junsu returned his attention to the hanging line in his cell phone.

“Changmin-ah, I will take off now.” Junsu felt the urge to tell Changmin that he will close the line, which meant that his time to convince him wouldn’t last any longer.

Junsu looked away. He promised his mother that he would take care of everything when she was gone. This time, he really hoped that it was the best decision for Changmin.

“Changmin-ah, please, do what I told you just for this time. I don’t want something happen to dad.” Junsu paused. “It better happened to one than both.”

^¥^¥^¥^

Junsu was sitting nervously in the car while the car headed to the hospital. He couldn’t help but felt agitated. Bad thoughts fulfilled his mind as the car went inside the hospital parking lot.

Suddenly he felt a hand in his shoulder just before the car stopped. He looked up only to find a comfort smile formed in Jaejoong’s lips. “Everything is gonna be okay, Junsu-yah.”

It was the best lie of Jaejoong that was heard by Junsu in his entire life. Junsu was a realistic man. He wouldn’t raise his hope too much for now, especially when he knew clearly that everything was not gonna be okay.

There was a huge mess in front of the hospital. There were many reporters waiting for Junsu. Each one of them tried to get closer to the car. When the car stopped at the main door, with the help of security and some police officer, Junsu and Jaejoong could go out of the car safely. Even though they still followed Junsu and Jaejoong.

They headed to the mortuary where the dead bodies were placed. Junsu turned his head to the police officer questioningly. He said that there was one survivor. Shouldn’t they see the survivor first?

“I’m sorry, Sir. We had tried our best, but it seemed like the God had another plan for them.” The police officer said guiltily.

“Sir, would you mind to check on them? We still couldn’t identify them. The ID was burned with the car.” Another police officer said as he opened the door.

Junsu took a glance at Jaejoong, signaling him to wait outside. Then he walked in hesitantly. He was directed to the bodies. All their bodies were covered with white blankets. The police officer moved aside, letting him to open it by himself.

Junsu approached the first male body. Taking a deep breathe, he opened the blankets. It was his poor driver. After the police officer wrote everything Junsu said, He told Junsu to check on the second male.

As he got closer, his heart was beating faster. He scanned the covered body and he stunned. The white blanket didn’t cover all part of the body. There was a part which wasn’t covered. It was just his hand and Junsu already knew who he was. The most recognizable thing in that hand was a ring which had been shown to Junsu very often. Junsu was so sure that the ring was only one in this world, because he designed it with his own hand which he gave it as a gift for his most trusted man.

He felt his body weaker directly as he opened the white blankets. That closed eyes and his peaceful face made Junsu’s heart ache so much. He remembered their last conversation. He promised him that he would give a week holiday for the man to spend it with his family. And God fulfilled the man’s wish indirectly. For the rest of the man’s life, he would have his ‘holiday’ which would never end.

“Sir, are you okay? Should I call your friend to come in?” The police officer asked carefully.

Junsu shook his head slightly and moved to the other dead body.

“It’s the last, Sir, and it is she.” Police officer said while preparing his note.

Junsu opened the white blanket and that was the first thing he would regret to do. His thoughts were right. She was the most important person which always more beautiful than anyone else in his eyes. She was his beloved mother.

Her beautiful face which now in peaceful, would never he forgot in his entire life. That beautiful face which made his heart aches so much just by calling her name. That beautiful face which made his tears keeps forming in his cheeks.

He let his world down when finally he exited the mortuary. He didn’t mind about anything else when he settled down on the cold floor and leaned on the wall behind him.  He didn’t even bother to banish the reporters who took photos of him crying in their own just a few meters from him. He didn’t have mind at the moment. He let Jaejoong drag him to wherever his friend wanted. He let the world working, but not with his mind.

He had his already sick father, but it turned out that God took his mother away from him instead his father. He didn’t prepare and would never ready to face this situation. He knew that it was fate and no one could deny God’s fate. But he couldn’t help to feel broken when the fate broke his family.

^¥^¥^¥^

Today, the Kim family was being in mourning situation. Today was the day where the first lady of Kim family was buried in the private cemetery in Seoul. There were so many mourners coming to led her to the final place, from the business partners until the Kim’s friends.

The news spread faster than ever. The accident was just happened yesterday afternoon and this morning, every single channel in the television was airing everything about the Kim family especially the death of the first lady in that family.

The first son of Kim family was seen around every time, meeting the guests, He looked surely tired, but the thank-you-smile was always formed in lips. It was the opposite from the second son who was rarely seen. He just showed up in the main part of the funeral and then disappeared like a ghost. Actually he was just stood in the garden, far enough from the people. The maids knew it, but no one dared to disturb him.

“Thank you, Mr. Han.” Junsu said as the man in front of him left. He sighed when finally the guests were nowhere to be seen. Then he joined his friends on the couch and leaned comfortably.

Junsu was tired physically and mentally. Physically, because he had to arrange everything in the short of time and didn’t have a proper rest yet since yesterday. Mentally, because he had to always look confident and strong in front of his brother.

“Junsu-yah, have you eaten dinner?” Jaejoong asked. This afternoon, Junsu almost skipped his lunch if they didn’t force him. So there was possible if Junsu skipped his diner, right?

Junsu nodded his head slightly as he closed his eyes.

“Good, then. I don’t have to force you again.” Jaejoong said happily.

“Do you know where Changmin is?” Junsu asked with his eyes closed, not bothering to react with Jaejoong’s question. Suddenly he remembered that his younger brother was nowhere to be seen after the funeral.

“He is in his room.”  Yoochun answered. “You should talk to him, Junsu-yah.”

Junsu opened his eyes and raised an eyebrow. “I talk to him?”

“Yeah, he’s right. No matter how bad your relationship is, I’m sure that he needs someone to talk now.” Yunho said while turned his head to Junsu.

Junsu kept silence. His hyungs were right. Today Changmin really was different. He was very quiet all the time. His silent was full of pain and sorrow. It was his side which was never been shown to Junsu.

Junsu stood up, receiving questioning look from his hyungs. “I guess I have to talk to him…”

Junsu left to Changmin’s room in the second floor. He didn’t know if approached his brother was the right thing to do or not. Actually he wasn’t sure that this would work for both of them. But whatever was in his mind, he had stood in front of Changmin’s room and he wouldn’t retreat.

He was just almost knocking on the door, when he heard a sob from inside. He stunned. Changmin is crying? Somehow he felt broken too. He couldn’t stand looking his younger brother crying his heart out. Never ever once in his life he saw or wanted this situation.

With brother’s instinct, Junsu stepped in to the room where Changmin was standing faced the window, giving Junsu his back. That broad shoulder was tremble from crying. Without realizing it, Junsu had gone to his brother and turned the younger’s body to face him, then hugged him tightly.

Changmin was shock to see his brother here, even was hugging him. But he felt warm in his embrace. He felt calm once his brother said some reassuring words to him. He didn’t like how he cried his heart out in Junsu’s shoulder. He didn’t like how weak he looked now. He didn’t like how broken he felt. He didn’t like every single thing in this situation, but he couldn’t help to feel calm when he was offered that warm embrace. No matter how he hated his brother, he would always need this embrace to gain his strength. Even when he never admitted it.

Junsu shed his tears looking at his brother. He didn’t like how Changmin cried pathetically in his embrace, because it made him realizing how useless him as his brother. He didn’t like how weak Changmin looked, because it made him feeling had to sustain his brother’s weakness. He didn’t like how broken Changmin looked, because it made him broken too. He didn’t like every single thing in this situation, but couldn’t help to feel it deep in his heart. No matter how bad their relationship was, they always had brother’s instinct. Even when they never admitted it.

^¥^¥^¥^

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry for the long waiting... *bow*

There was some thing happened which made me couldn't updated it like what I said...

I'll update this story as soon as possible ^^

 

Thank you for the new subscribers, I realy appreciate it ^_^

I hope all of my viewers can always wait and like this story ^^

 

Comments are lovely ... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3