Chapter 12

You Are My Brother

The previous chapter:

Changmin came home late like a drunken person. Junsu was angry and scolded him. but, when he did so, Changmin bursted out in anger all of sudden and punched him. Changmin beat him until the maids came to separate them.

Junsu was upset for sure. He was about to punch back to Changmin right when Changmin was unguarded. But just when his fist was only within 5 cm away from Changmin’s face, he stopped. Instead of hitting the face, Junsu lowered his hand and looked away. Something stopped him to doing so.

 

Chapter 12

 

Changmin stunned. So did the maids who were watching them.

Junsu wanted so badly to return every single hit that Changmin gave him, even to reply every curse that Changmin said to him intentionally. But he could not do it. However, Changmin was his brother. He was not supposed to return his younger brother’s bad treatment with the worse. A duty for a brother is giving the light whenever their bother is in the darkness.

“Have you lost your sense?” Junsu said coldly as he took a deep breathe. He was trying to control his anger away. He had to or something bad could happen soon.

Changmin awake from his drunk once he heard his brother’s cold tone. Never ever once in his life, his brother would talk to him in that way. He was too surprised to see how terrible Junsu looked. There was a slight regret in his heart. Nonetheless, that feeling had covered with a relief after hitting Junsu. His regret was too little to make him apologizing.

“Where have you been?” Junsu asked coldly. “Did you go to the pub or what?”

Changmin looked straight to his brother’s eyes and smirked. “It’s none of your business.”

“You really want to make me angry, don’t you?” Junsu said as he spit out the blood from his mouth. Junsu was pissed off, again.

“How could it’s none of my business when you came home in midnight like a ing drunken and tried to ing mess up with me? And may if I add, the last time I checked you are STILL my younger brother.” Junsu emphasized the word ‘Still’.

“I’m not a kid anymore, hyung. I don’t need you to control me.” Changmin replied harshly.

“You better behave, Changmin.” Junsu said in stern voice. He had enough tonight. His weary body couldn’t have more pressure again. He was already tired from his hectic schedule, yet, he had to deal with his stubborn brother.

“I am your brother and that’s what a brother should do.” Junsu said as a final as he walked away, leaving Changmin alone with the maids. He ignored the unreadable feeling in Changmin’s eyes when he made an eye contact with him just before he turned around. Since Changmin should have waked up from his drunken by the sudden quarrel, Junsu didn’t bother to help him go upstairs.

Changmin made a cold face. “I am nobody, hyung. Don’t bother to look out for me anymore.”

Junsu heard it as Changmin didn’t said it in a low voice. Junsu frowned in a questioning look. He felt how weird Changmin acted just now, yet, he still moved his leg forward.

 

^¥^¥^¥^

 

Junsu uncovered the blanket, and then sat up straight. He couldn’t sleep even for a second. I am nobody, hyung. Those words were ringing continuously in his head. It had been bothered him for a while.

Junsu got out from his bed and headed toward the kitchen. Perhaps a glass of hot chocolate would be better for him. When he passed Changmin’s room, he could hear a loud rock music playing. Lie always, if Changmin was in a bad mood. As long as Changmin didn’t harm anyone, then it would be okay for Junsu.

When he reached the kitchen, he was surprised to see the chief butler still not sleeping yet. The chief butler greeted him. His reaction was just like Junsu. He didn’t expect to meet his young master at this late time.

“You didn’t sleep, Hankyung hyung?” Junsu asked as he walked toward him. He joined him in the table, facing him.

“I just wake up before you came, Young Master.” Hankyung answered. “And why didn’t you sleep? You should have a proper rest, Young Master.”

Junsu gave a small smile. “Yeah, I know.”

Hankyung sensed something wrong with his master. He wasn’t cheer up like usual. Never ever in his life, Hankyung saw him like this. It was the worst Junsu ever and he didn’t like it.

“Do you want something? A hot chocolate would be nice for you in this late,” Hankyung offered Junsu’s favorite drink.

Junsu grinned happily. “Yeah, I would like to.”

Hankyung chuckled and went to the cabinet to make it. It has been a while that this situation was happened.

Several minutes later, Hankyung got back to his chair with a hot chocolate ready to be served. Junsu drank it and suddenly stick out his tongue. It was burning from the hot chocolate.

Hankyung couldn’t help to laugh at how cute Junsu looked at that time. Junsu was never changed. He would always be the naturally cutest man Hankyung ever seen. And he could be the clumsy Junsu sometimes. Junsu laughed at his own mistake as Hankyung did.

But soon enough, the smile in Junsu’s face disappeared as his previous think filled his head, again.

“Is there something bothering you, Young Master?” Hankyung asked carefully. “You can always tell me everything.”

Junsu hesitated at first, but he told him in the end. He told him about how strange Changmin was lately. He told him about everything that bothered his mind.

“Then I’m wondering if there something I don’t know about him. He is strange and everything feels weird when it came to him.” Junsu said, desperately wanting this matter to vanish. His curiosity was really killing him slowly.

He noticed the change in Hankyung’s expression all of sudden. Usually, after Junsu told him about his matter, he would give him some suggestion right away. Tonight was so different since he was just silent all the time Junsu talked.

“Hankyung hyung, do you know something?” Junsu shot him to the point. Hankyung was obviously speechless.

Junsu knew that there must be something Hankyung knew.

“Come on, hyung, don’t tell me you don’t know anything.” Junsu pressed him. “Do you really hide something from me?”

Hankyung silenced. Actually, he knew for sure the only reason why Changmin acted like that. But should he be the one that tell him the story?

Junsu was so sure that Hankyung knew something he didn’t know. “How long you plan to keep it from me, hyung?”

There was a war in Hankyung’s heart. He didn’t have the right to tell Junsu about something that had been hidden by the boy’s parents for years. It should be them, the boy’s parents, who told Junsu about the story. But would his parents have a chance to tell him?

Hankyung sighed heavily. “Master Changmin acted like that, perhaps because he knew that he didn’t have… blood-related to the Kim family.”

Junsu was frozen. That was the only sentence that could make his heart beat stopped instantly. Yeah, he didn’t remember all of his childhood memories, but it couldn’t be true, right?

“Then Hankyung told him the full story. It was a story that made Hankyung was so sure Junsu would change his opinion about Changmin.

Twenty years ago, Mr. and Mrs. Kim spent their second honeymoon in USA. They met their friend, the Shim family who was living there. All of sudden, one week after their arriving, Mr. and Mrs. Shim got into an accident and died. The Kim promised to the Shim to keep their only child as their own child if something bad happened to the Shim parents. Then Hankyung was the one who took care of everything, include the fake pregnant of Mrs. Kim just so that everyone wouldn’t be anxious about the new member of the Kim family. There was no one knew except the complete Kim family and Hankyung.

“And the Shim boy is…,”

“Changmin.” Junsu cut it straight. His face looked very surprised. Never ever he imagined that his family story actually was not that far from the serial on the TV. It was so fantastic to be seen on TV, but why did it become more hurt when he felt it? Until these seconds, his mind still refused that truth. However, whether he liked it or not, he wanted it or not, that was the truly truth about his family. No matter how hard was, he had to accept it wholeheartedly.

“Does he even know about this?” Junsu asked.

“Yes, he does, Young Master.” Hankyung said with the sense of guilt. “He was offered by Mr. and Mrs. Kim to go to his real parent’s grave when both of you were still a kid.”

Junsu was frozen. Everything made sense to him all of sudden. Perhaps that was the reason why Changmin always stayed away from him. Perhaps it explained the only reason behind Changmin’s behavior. Is that what Changmin meant with nobody ?

“I’m sorry that I had not told you earlier about this, Young Master.” Hankyung said guiltily.

“It’s okay, hyung.” Junsu smiled bitterly and stood up from his seat. “I’ll sleep first, hyung. Good night,”

Junsu walked back to his bedroom in dazed, then sat down on the couch. He took a picture frame from the table beside him. In that frame were two little kids who embraced each other happily. Both of the kids were sandwiched by their parents who were smiling gladly.

Junsu gave a bitter smile for that scene. It would be so happy to could be just like in the picture frame once again. But he couldn’t give his hopes too high since it would be hurt falling down to the ground.

A tear fell from his small eyes.

“Stupid boy, why didn’t you tell me about this?” Junsu whispered helplessly as if the picture was real.

He fought with Changmin all this time. He seldom could befriend with him. He just couldn’t help to break out in fire, whenever Changmin tried to mess with him. All his efforts became nothing when it came to Changmin. Everything he needed was just Changmin’s good intention having at least a good conversation with him.

Junsu scolded him not because he didn’t like him, but it was more like he wanted him to become better and better. He wanted him to be greater than himself.

“I’m sorry, Changmin-ah…” With teary eyes, Junsu said it in his heart. He just could not imagine how little Changmin could bear this. He felt sorry to let him fighting alone.  He felt like a worst brother ever after.

“Oh My God, what should I do now?” Junsu muttered between his tears.

 

^¥^¥^¥^

 

Tok tok tok! Junsu knocked on Changmin’s room. Knowing that there was no answer, he knocked it again for the second time. It still didn’t give an answer from inside. Then Junsu opened the door only to see how messy the room was. The blanket wasn’t in their original position. The magazines were found anywhere in this room. So did the other things. It showed how bad mood Changmin was.

His gaze stopped on a big chair which was facing the window in the opposite of the door. The top of Changmin’s head was seen behind the big chair. The big chair covered all of his body.

Changmin didn’t realize Junsu’s presence until Junsu turned off the tape. He turned his head only to see Junsu standing there, not far from him. Instead of a surprise look on his face, Changmin put on an expressionless face. Then he faced the window, again.

Suddenly the atmosphere became quiet. All of the words Junsu planning to say were vanished in an instant.

“I bet you already know it, don’t you?” Changmin asked, breaking the silence.

 

 

^¥^¥^¥^

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for not updating for a month

I've been busy with school

 

 

Anyway, just enjoy the story^^

Don't worry, I''m working on the next chapter now

 

 

Please do subscribe, comment, or criticize . . . *bow*

I really appreciate all of you ... ^_^

 

Thank you for the new subscribers and I love you . . . <3 <3 <3