Chapter 3

You Are My Brother

 

Chapter 3

None

 

None.

None

 

 

 

"Good morning." Hyukkjae greeted Kim family as he approached them in the dining room. They were Changmin and his mother. Actually he was surprised with Mrs. Kim presence, since lately she used ninety percent of her time in the hospital, accompanying her husband.

He bowed down to the woman politely. "Oh, good morning Mrs. Kim.“

She smiled and told him to sit. "Hyukjae-yah, come, let's have breakfast. You don't have it yet, right?"

"No, thanks, Mrs. Kim. I will just have it in the office later." Hyukjae denied politely. "I think I'll just go straight to find Junsu now."

"No way." She said sternly in a playful voice and then turned her atention to her youngest son. "Changmin, can you see your brother in his room? I’m afraid he’s still sleeping. Tell him to dress up and come down.” Chunghee asked her youngest son.

Changmin nodded and then he headed to his brother room on the second floor. He opened the door and revealed a very modern designed white-blue bedroom with not much furniture. Blue, because his brother loved it very much. And less furniture, because his brother liked a spacious room where he could easily moving everywhere without being stumbled upon something. It showed how clumsy he is.

It didn't really surprise him to see something big covered with the blanket in the middle of the king size bed.  His brother was always a morning person, if he could say. When the older wasn't seen anywhere downstairs in this time in the morning, he would be still sleeping, whether because of his beloved soccer match in TV or just staying up late working on something.

Changmin looked around. It wasn’t like he haven’t been there before, but he was seldom went here. it could be once in a month or even just twice in half a year. He didn’t count it. Their relationsip wasn't that good, so as expected he just came to this room when he had something to do here, which was rarely happened.

His gaze stopped at the desk beside the bed. Unconsciously he walked to it and grabbed the only picture there. It was their family in the complete format, parents and the sons. It was taken happily in their last family holiday when the sibling was still only less than 10 years old child. It was way before he knew the it. How much he wished that his family could be exactly like the picture one more time. But everything seemed impossible for now.

Changmin put the picture back in its place and then looked at his sleeping brother. He stared at him, studying his angel face. Yeah, he never admitted it with his own mouth, but that wasn't necessary, right, since everybody already said it. Watching him innocently sleeping like this, he really couldn't figure how could their sibling relationship ended up like this. But once again, no one could ever know what behind the innocent was. Face couldn't tell anything at all.

 

-----

 

"How's your brother, honey?" His mother asked as she saw Changmin walking down the upstairs. 

“He was sleeping, but he is already in the bathroom right now.” Changmin replied with smiling sweetly. Sometimes he could be a very good boy, if he was in such a good mood.

Hyukjae almost gawked stupidly because of that. All people around Changmin would know how much the boy loved his mother. He could trouble his father with his wickedness side, but not his mother. No matter how bad his mood was, he would always be good to his mother. Still, Hukjae didn't get used to it.

Ten minutes later, Junsu entered the dining room with his fresh look as an evidence that he really did bathing in a short time. After greeting Hyukjae friendly, he kissed her mother’s cheek and sat down next to Changmin.

Witnessing this morning scene, everyone in this room was somehow grateful to it. They knew that this family had been going through a lot and they felt glad that this family still had their happiness one in a million.

Realizing the odd stare his mother giving, Junsu looked up ans asked it. “Why, mom? Is something wrong?”

His mother shook her head. “Nothing, honey. Just finish your breakfast and get ready… You’ll be late if you don’t,”

Changmin glanced at his watch. It was time to go, if he didn't want to be late. “I’m going now,”

He approached his mother and kissed her cheek before going out. He had a class this morning. For one reason, he would surely not make himself late. After saying goodbye, he left the mansion with his only sport motorcycle. It took all of his driving capability to be on time in the college.

He had asked Yoorim to meet up two hours before their first class started. He wanted both of them catching up with their own life those years they lost contact, which was aproximately 5 years since their last encounter. Being the intiative one, he definitely couldn't be late, right?

"Yoorim-ah!" Changmin adressed her cheerfuly as  soon as he saw her waiting in the park.

She smiled widely as she waved her hands happily. "Hi, Changmin-ah!"

When he had reached her, she tapped the empty space next to her and he happily sat down beside her.

"When did you come? It's not too early, right?" He asked. He was happy for the fact that she had not changed at all. She would always come 15 minutes early for an appointment ever since the first time he knew her.

"Habit is hard to disappear, Changmin. I couldn't help it." She pouted cutely.

Changmin chuckled at it. "Anyway, how can you be transferred here? Isn't it too coincidental? We lost contact for 5 years for God's sake."

For the last sentence he blurted, she narrowed her eyes to him.

He put hi hands up in defeat and made an apology pose. "I know I'm the one to blame. I really am sorry. My phone was missing and too bad that I only had your number in it, but you also moved out from your house. How am I supposed to find you then?"

"I'm sorry too. My family moved out in a hurry and with me thinking to call you after." She let her shoulder down as the memories came through her mind.

"And the reason you moved out?" Curiousity won the best of Changmin. He blurted out it finally.

"It's a long story and I'll tell you later." She smiled bitterly, but then changed into a cheerful one. "Hey, I think we have to thank Junsu oppa. Don't you think so?"

Changmin frowned with the sudden intrusion of the older's name. Confusion was written all over his face.

And just then the realization hit her. "You don't know about it, do you?"

Changmin hesitantly shook his head. "I have no idea how he could be linked to us."

"I met him coincidentally and then he asked me a possible of a school transfer since we both are in the medical department." She explained. That night, she went to a music show acompanying her friend and surprisingly met Junsu. "And he did really taking care all the administration juat as he said to me."

Changmin didn’t know he should thank his brother or not. He admitted that he thankful to him. His brother made him meeting her, indirectly. Meeting her after years is his first wish in the list. He needed her, the only girl who had a place in his heart.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

Junsu, Yoochun, Changmin, Jaejoong, and Yunho were in the Bolero Café like always. After finishing his practice, Junsu spent his time there with his friends. He still had two hours before attending the meeting in the company. The others did not have any schedule for this morning, so they ended up in the café, talking and joking around.

“The girl with the shirt in the corner is pretty, I think.” Yoochun commented.

“Yeah, you’re perfectly right. She looks y and beautiful, isn’t she?” Jaejoong said as they stared at the girl whom they talked.

“Could you stop commenting? Both of you… shut up will be better,” Yunho said, annoyed with his playboy best friends.

“Why should we? Looking at girls is the best thing to do, am I right?” Jaejoong said, welcomed by Yoochun’s nod in agreement. Both of them laughed at once while seeing Yunho’s annoyed face.

“You too, Junsu-yah. Flirting once a while isn’t wrong.” Jaejoong teased Junsu who was enjoying his juice.

“Of course not. I already have girl, so that’s no more interesting to me.” Junsu answered as he drank the glass. Typical Junsu, the others thought. Junsu was a man that never flirts with girls if he already had one. As far as they knew, he never broke that one.

Four of them had been friend for years. They met in the college. They weren’t in the same faculty, but accidentally in the same university. It was fate that they met and became friends. At least that was what they believed.

They used to be an ordinary college student. Nevertheless, as years passed, their life had changed.

Yunho became successful businessmen like his father. He owned the best event organizer in this country. He also had some hotels, restaurant, and others to take care of. He was completely different from the other three.

Yoochun, Junsu, and Jaejoong were trained in the same artist management and debuted in the same year. They debuted as a solo and had become a successful singer in their country.

Jaejoong had the sweetest voice in the world. That was people said. Besides singing, he also directed many concert or even films. After making many records in the entertainment industry, he wanted to try something new.

Yoochun also had successfully filling his dream, becoming a singer. His voice was the lowest tone among the three of them, but still beautiful. But he made his way to be the composer lately. He really had the composer talent since teenager. He was focusing in composing now, even his singing activity still going well.

The last was Junsu. Junsu really had the most beautiful voice among them. His voice had such an emotion that have the capability to making the audience felt whatever message he was trying to send. He deserved to be counted as the best singer in this country. Every time people mentioned about Junsu, they’ll talk about his singing ability.

“Junsu-yah, are you performing in the Dream Concert?” Jaejoong asked.”I heard about the rumors.”

“Yeah, I think so. I don’t have to be really off of singing, right? Because I can’t do that for sure.” Junsu said clearly. His fate was to singing for everyone’s joy. He promised to himself, whatever happened in the future, he would never ever stop singing.

“If someone hears what you said just now, people will probably think that you’re mature enough.” Yoochun teased. It had always been like this since they met at the first place. Teasing Junsu is the number one funniest thing to do for them.

“Yeah, mature enough to say that you are little bastard who never let go of me.” Junsu said with pout in his mouth. “Why all of you like teasing me? It’s not funny,”

The others tried hard to hold their laughter. But they ended up laughing hard looking at the youngest among them. They found his expression was so cute and funny. It was so different with Junsu who showed his annoyed face.

“Maybe we could never stop teasing you, Junsu-yah…” Jaejoong said after managing his laughter.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

“Bye, Yoorim-ah!” A female college student said to Yoorim with her wide smile, waving a good bye hands, and then leaved.

Soon after, Yoorim gasped a little, feeling her cell phone vibrating in her pocket. She reached it and looked to the screen. It was a new message. She read it and frowned as she finished reading it. The sender told her to meet him secretly in rear campus now. Then she left, still hesitating. She was wondering why suddenly he wanted to meet.

There was a small street rear the campus. The place where the street was found, still owned by the campus. That’s why it had a small old gate in the end of the street. The street was like a back door of the campus, the only one beside the main gate in front of the campus. It connected the campus straight to the road behind the campus where most of the students lived there; rented neither a room nor a shared house.

But the students seldom passed through the street because of its creepy. It was surrounded by high walls which added more mystical aura, they said. They would rather to pass the longer path than this one. Especially when the sky got darker, they didn’t dare to pass it. But it became the best place among others place in this campus to do something without fear that someone would notice.

Yoorim had reached the beginning of the street. She kept walking hesitantly. The uneasy feeling in her heart became stronger and it usually became reality. Finally she arrived at the phone box in a minute.

Her heart was beating faster as she saw the three men behind the phone box. The one who sent her a message was stood in the middle. He was known as the most popular student in this campus. He had money, power, and charming appearance. But he was known as well as the most mischievous student whom no one dared to bother him, even the teacher. He was the only son of the college foundation leader after all.

“Good morning, Yoorim-ah!” He approached her and smirked. “How are you, baby?”

Yoorim gave him a sour face.

“I’m not your baby, Siwon. Just tell me what you want…” She hissed.

Siwon walked around her, making a circle track. He had a weird smirk on his face which she didn’t like. It was a sign of something bad, she believed.

“You look so brave now, don’t you?” Siwon hissed and suddenly he was already behind her intimately as if there was no more space between them.

◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊◊

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry I couldn't update everyday...

I have some test to do, so I think I'll be busy for study...^^

But I'll update as soon as possible...

 

 

 

 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting...

I really appreciate it^^

I hope you can enjoy the story...=)