ℂhapter 45

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    chapter fourty-five   now or never.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________

“What should we do?” Taehyung gulped at the single, queen-sized bed decorated with white and red rose petals and tugged at the collar of his shirt. Why did it feel like the temperature in the room suddenly skyrocketed? Did the man at the airport misinterpret their relationship? He must have assumed the two of them were a newly married couple on their honeymoon or something. Why else would they be given such a luxurious suite that was accompanied by warm candles, fresh flowers and a brand new bottle of champagne?

“What do you mean?” Arang answered nonchalantly as she dropped her bag on the floor and flopped onto the mattress, suffocating the petals underneath with her flesh. “You can sleep on the couch and l will take the bed. There’s nothing to think about.”

“Are you serious?” The boy gawked with his jaw slacked open. “How is that fair?”

“It’s not,” she hummed, using her elbows to prop herself up so that she could look at him. “But since it’s your fault that we ended up here, you deserve to suffer. You’re lucky I’m letting you off easy. Don’t push your luck.”

“Whatever.” He grumbled before he dragged himself over to his designated resting space and plopped down.

Surprised that Taehyung had willingly accepted the punishment, Arang pursed her lips out and observed him from where she was. He wasn’t planning anything sneaky, was he? It was unlike him to concede without a fight, but Arang wasn’t going to complain. Why would she? It made things easier for her. Wearing a triumphant smirk, she dropped back down and relaxed against the sheets that felt like silk on her skin.

She meant every single word she said to Taehyung back at the airport. She wasn’t angry with him. People make mistakes all the time. It’s part of being human. It’s inevitable. Nobody’s perfect, not even Arang. As long as they weren’t stranded on some deserted island on the brink of starvation and death, she was sure that everything was going to be fine. Plus, they were in freaking Thailand, one of the most beautiful countries in the world. How could anyone in this kind of situation be upset?

Upon remembering the fact that their visit to the ever so mesmerizing city of Phuket had a time limit, Arang shot back up and rushed over to the couch where Taehyung was playing on his phone. Her random appearance startled him and he nearly dropped the device. “What now?” He frowned.

“Let’s go out.” She declared.

“Excuse me?” Taehyung’s heart unintentionally stuttered because of her choice of words.

“Let’s go out and explore.” Arang stated again, this time shaking her head. Sometimes she wondered what was going on in that brain of his and other times she thought it was better to leave that question unanswered.

“Now?” He grunted. “But we just got here. I wanted rest my feet and then check out the swimming pool built on the rooftop. Apparently it has a killer view.” He explained.

“You’re in a country that has an abundant amount of beautiful bodies of water that you could drown yourself in, but instead you’d rather bathe in chlorine? I can’t believe I thought that you were actually someone adventurous.” Arang snorted as she strutted towards the door alone.

“Hey, where are you going?” Taehyung jumped to his feet with his eyebrows furrowed. Was she really going to abandon him in a place neither one of them were familiar with? What was she thinking? Didn’t she know how dangerous it could be for foreigners who didn’t know their way around the area, especially for a pretty girl at the prime of her youth like Arang? There could be human traffickers lurking about, waiting for the perfect chance to snatch her away! He couldn’t let that happen.

“To have some fun. Duh.” Arang announced as she tried not to roll her eyes. “I’ll be back when I’m tired. You can eat without me if you get hungry. I’ll probably grab a bite at one of the local restaurants anyways.”

She twisted the handle, ready to swing the door open when Taehyung impulsively shouted out that he’d tag along. The frantic manner in which he sputtered those words placed a smile on the girl’s lips. Reverse psychology was always a gem. Not wanting the curve sitting on her face to be seen in case she would give herself away, Arang quickly pressed her lips together in a firm line before she turned around and stared the boy with a blank and bland expression.

“What about your pool?” She questioned with an eyebrow corked this time.

“It’ll be here when we get back.” He dismissed as he strode towards her. “Now come on. We shouldn’t stay out past sundown. Where do you want to go first?”

The two of them made their way to the lobby, their faces now concealed under the masks. Other patrons of the hotel who were around looked at them with estranged and slightly puzzled countenances. Neither one of them paid any mind to the unwanted attention they had unintentionally garnered. Arang was still trying to figure out what places she wanted to venture to and Taehyung, to her surprise yet again, didn’t rush her.

To be honest, she didn’t even think he knew what the word patience meant. Was it her imagination or was Taehyung behaving rather peculiarly? Even if he was, she shouldn’t be the one to judge since she’s been a little out of it too. Was there a virus going around that she wasn’t aware of? Why was her mind hazy?

It’s not that she couldn’t think of where to go. It was more like she didn’t know where to go to. There were so many things she wanted to see, so many things she wanted to eat and so little time to do everything she wanted. She had to make a decision. Finally, after much thought she arrived to a conclusion: the beaches. She had to go to at least one of the beaches. In Seoul there were no oceans nearby which meant the chances of Arang coming into contact with a large body of water

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter