ℂhapter 33

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-three      cookie.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Saeyoung couldn’t sleep. She felt restless. All she could think about were Jungkook’s last words. She didn’t tell anyone, not even Arang, the conversation the two of them had because it really didn’t make sense. He didn’t make sense. What did he mean? Did the two of them cross paths prior to their encounter at the fan-meeting? If that was the case then it couldn’t have been all that significant since she wasn’t able to recall anything. “Whatever,” she groaned, tossing and turning on her bed. She clamped her eyes shut and tried to force her body to succumb to rest but her efforts all ended in vain.

Unfortunately Saeyoung was the type of person who couldn’t relax unless her curiosity was satiated. In other words she would be pulling an all-nighter tonight unless she was able to miraculously decipher Jungkook’s statement. She was sifting through her memories but came up with nothing. There wasn’t anything that stood out to her. Then she remembered something else he had said to her when she had was timid about showcasing her dancing abilities. “If you don’t even have the confidence, why bother?” Like a vampire resurrected back to life, Saeyoung shot up from her bed, her jaw nearly broken.

“He can’t possibly be her.” She scrambled off of the mattress and turned the lights on. Thankfully Aesook was sleeping in their parents’ room or else the little girl would have woken up, screaming and crying. Saeyoung scanned over the bookshelf stationed besides her desk and spotted the lavender journal she used to write in while she was in the fourth grade perched up at the top. Hastily, she dragged the chair over and climbed up to retrieve the notebook.

Flipping through the worn out pages, she finally found what she was looking for. According to the date scribbled at the top right hand cover of the page the entry was created back on July 15, 2006. That was almost six years ago. The writing wasn’t what Saeyoung was interested in though. It was the photo glued next to her chicken scratches that caused her eyes to round in astonishment. The book slipped from her grasp and landed with a soft thud on her rug. She fumbled back and shook her head in disbelief.

What kind of sorcery was this?  

The sunlight infiltrated Arang’s room and roused her from her slumber. Half-asleep, she staggered out the door and into the bathroom. However, she quickly backtracked after she had noticed something really weird. For a second Arang thought it was her imagination so she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands just to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating. She wasn’t.

Sitting at the table was Saeyoung. No, that wasn’t the strange part. It was the girl’s dreary expression that had caught Arang’s attention. How should she explain this? In simple terms Saeyoung looked like a zombie. Lifeless and completely out of it. Of course Arang found it peculiar because less than twenty-four hours ago Saeyoung was probably the happiest girl alive. What was wrong with her? Did something happen?

With careful steps, Arang approached her. Her little still sister didn’t react to her presence though. She was spaced out, the kettle pot on the stove whistling nosily as steam shot out of the tiny holy. “Sae?” Nothing. This time Arang raised her voice. “Saeyoung!”

“The answer is B!” Saeyoung shouted mindlessly.

“What?” Arang quirked a brow, clearly confused.

Saeyoung glanced around and realized she was at still at home and not at school. It was an intuitive response. Let’s just say she wasn’t the most studious student in her class and her sadistic teachers took immense pleasure in embarrassing her in front of her peers.

“What’s going on with you?” Arang queried as she went over and turned the fire off. “Why do you look like something tragic happened? After yesterday I thought you would have been rejoicing and boasting to your friends about your time with the guys. Did you get into a fight with them or something?” Teenagers were typically dramatic, it was expected of them. They were still learning to mature so Arang didn’t find it hard to believe if Saeyoung and her friends had quarreled because of jealousy.

“That’s not it.” The younger girl sighed. She propped an elbow onto the table and placed her chin on top of her palm. If that had been the issue she would have been able to resolve it easily. All she had to do take make amends with her friends was gift them a poster of their ultimate bias and the score was settled.  Too bad that wasn’t the problem she was dealing with. Should she tell her sister?

Arang rifled through her mind for anything that could have led to this and remembered how harsh and blunt the youngest boy had been towards Saeyoung during their visit. It was a stretch but it wasn’t impossible. “Does it have something to do with Jungkook?” Arang took notice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter